• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Tell that to those here who believe government regulation is unnecessary until someone gets hurt. Too bad for the first one hurt I guess.

And what does that have to do with the comment you made about our particular situation? Do you believe that the government should come in and shut the range/club down? And what does the opinions of fellow INGO'ers have anything to do with this range/club and the changes being made there? Because that is what you commented on. In case you can't remember, refer to post #70.

If that is the case...and it is the government's job to protect everyone from ever being hurt in any way...then we should shut down everything.

No jobs, because people are hurt doing that.
    No farms, because people are hurt doing that.
    No sports, because people are hurt doing that.
    No automobiles, because people are hurt doing that.
    No walking, because people are hurt doing that.
    No eating unapproved food, because people are hurt doing that.

If you believe that the government is responsible to protect us, then you have already freely given away all your freedoms. You will only bow and serve the government that protects / enslaves you. Good luck with that.

As for me and the range/club, we recognize our freedoms as well as our responsibilities and we don't need the government to come in and tell us what to do. We are already doing it of our own conviction and we are not waiting for "the neighboring farm owner to be killed by a stray bullet" as you said.

That is still such an ignorant statement.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    And what does that have to do with the comment you made about our particular situation? Do you believe that the government should come in and shut the range/club down? And what does the opinions of fellow INGO'ers have anything to do with this range/club and the changes being made there? Because that is what you commented on. In case you can't remember, refer to post #70.

If that is the case...and it is the government's job to protect everyone from ever being hurt in any way...then we should shut down everything.

If you believe that the government is responsible to protect us, then you have already freely given away all your freedoms. You will only bow and serve the government that protects / enslaves you. Good luck with that.

As for me and the range/club, we recognize our freedoms as well as our responsibilities and we don't need the government to come in and tell us what to do. We are already doing it of our own conviction and we are not waiting for "the neighboring farm owner to be killed by a stray bullet" as you said.

Let me get the crayons out for you. I've been here on this forum arguing for property rights for years. The majority of folks here like code enforcement when it forces their neighbors to do what they want. They think regulations that cover grass length, what you can or can't put in your yard, etc are great because it protects their property values. The particular conversation I'm having in this thread is a continuation of what's going on here https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...indiana-without-permit-homeland-security.html and here https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...iscussion/301873-gun-range-coming-carmel.html

In the live music thread, the harassment the restaurant owner is receiving is justified because of a fire that killed people at a Great White concert in Rhode Island. This restaurant owner has a duty to protect and conform with all manner of regulations whether they make sense or not. Now that there's a proposed ordinance in Zionsville to ban rural shooting, many of these same people are up in arms. They're saying nothing bad has already happened so this regulation is unnecessary. When bad things were pointed out, we got the "well that wasn't here". Where's the logic in this?

As for the Carmel gun range thread, there are posters there who want the range but if it wasn't in the keeping of the Carmel "image", they'd be against it. The irony is lost on them.

My point in these threads is that we need to protect property rights. But instead, many like to use code enforcement when it's beneficial and then cry unfair when it's used against them. A 70's on Berlinetta on blocks in your neighbors front yard won't kill you. A neighbor's stray bullet might. How can one square the desire to have government force your neighbor to remove the car and be against ANY regulation of back yard ranges?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Based on his posts about this issue it seems he is just trolling:twocents:

If you call pointing out that those who are complaining about this proposed ordinance are the very ones who helped to create the governments power to regulate and support that power when it benefits them trolling, then yes I'm trolling.

Me controlling my neighbors actions is good. My neighbors controlling my actions is terrible!

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Hornadylnl got 'em at their own stupid game.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    If you call pointing out that those who are complaining about this proposed ordinance are the very ones who helped to create the governments power to regulate and support that power when it benefits them trolling, then yes I'm trolling.

Me controlling my neighbors actions is good. My neighbors controlling my actions is terrible!

Respectfully, how am I responsible for creating the government power . . . . . ? I live in Zionsville and I voted against the annexation that occurred in 2007. I will admit I voted for the current Town Council members - they are all republicans - the alternative to cast a vote for a democrat was too unsavory to consider. Realisticallly, the distinction in the parties at the local level is probably very small.

I'm having trouble grasping the thought process here. I have a dog in this fight since it directly affects my ability to continue to shoot in "rural" Zionsville. Can you say the same ?

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    hornadylnl wins! We had several posters say this wasn't "JUST" a Zionsville problem...now it's just a problem for you? He isn't for the city passing a new restrictive ordinance, he is trying to get some people to see their hypocrisy.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Respectfully, how am I responsible for creating the government power . . . . . ? I live in Zionsville and I voted against the annexation that occurred in 2007. I will admit I voted for the current Town Council members - they are all republicans - the alternative to cast a vote for a democrat was too unsavory to consider. Realisticallly, the distinction in the parties at the local level is probably very small.

I'm having trouble grasping the thought process here. I have a dog in this fight since it directly affects my ability to continue to shoot in "rural" Zionsville. Can you say the same ?

Why would any republican even consider this proposed bill? It sounds like Zionsville needs to do some house cleaning and vote some folks out of office. There is absolutely no sense in what they are entertaining. Just some more big city people moving out to our rural areas and attempting to change things. People like that really suck IMO.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

Would you call code enforcement on your neighbors if they let their grass get too tall?

I don't live anywhere near a city. I know better.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Would you call code enforcement on your neighbors if they let their grass get too tall?

I don't live anywhere near a city. I know better.

I admit ignorance. I live in the country and don't deal with such things.

Is code enforcement due to Homeowners associations or actual public officals writing codes and issuing fines?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

Since I don't accept your if statement based on the grounds that I don't believe you know for certain those complaining are guilty of what you say, then yes i believe you are trolling.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Why would any republican even consider this proposed bill? It sounds like Zionsville needs to do some house cleaning and vote some folks out of office. There is absolutely no sense in what they are entertaining. Just some more big city people moving out to our rural areas and attempting to change things. People like that really suck IMO.

The council member that answered to Guy sounds just like many supposed gun owners and republicans, (even the elusive pro-gun democrats)...."I'm all for guns and all but I'm also for basic, common sense, reforms". There are probably even a few such folks still logging on INGO from time to time; they just don't post much on the political sub-forum.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I admit ignorance. I live in the country and don't deal with such things.

Is code enforcement due to Homeowners associations or actual public officals writing codes and issuing fines?

You don't have to live in an HOA to have the grass nazis called on you.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Since I don't accept your if statement based on the grounds that I don't believe you know for certain those complaining are guilty of what you say, then yes i believe you are trolling.

I don't know for certain. But i like my odds. Call it trolling all you like.

cintile

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    This is so stupid. Don't be surprised if you see more and more of this all of the state.

JGalt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2013
    Boone County
    For posters who mentioned that they voted for the present town council members, they should check the campaign finance reports to see where the allegiances of the councilmembers lie. Except for Mundy, the remaining six councilmen received roughly 25% of their total contributions from Civic Pride of Boone County, a political action committee. The officers for that group are Matt Price, Bob Harris, Paul Kite, and the Longest brothers. Respectively lobbyist, real estate developers, and the engineering firm presently contracted with the town of Zionsville. Big contributors like these are the real constituents of the town council.

Why is this important? A prominent local developer stated that the rural area around Zionsville was the largest area of undeveloped land in the Indy metro area. For you rural residents in the Zionsville area, do you think that the soccer moms who want to move to Zionsville for its overpriced schools are going to want to hear you popping caps in your backyard? Do you think that some developer who is building a show home for these soccer moms will want to have people visiting that show home and hearing gunfire in the background?

Local residents have the opportunity to stop this ordinance, if they show up in sufficient numbers. But, over the longer term, to the extent that you interfere with the plans that others with a much different vision of southeastern Boone County have, they will continue to try to marginalize you, until you vote them OUT OF OFFICE!

FWIW,

J Galt

octalman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010

Kudos to worddoer for cutting through the nonsense. Government regulation is necessary to stop something that COULD happen? REALLY? Somebody needs to develop a bubble wrap, armor plated, environmentally controlled, hermetically sealed, radiation shielded suit for us all to wear when we leave the house.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Kudos to worddoer for cutting through the nonsense. Government regulation is necessary to stop something that COULD happen? REALLY? Somebody needs to develop a bubble wrap, armor plated, environmentally controlled, hermetically sealed, radiation shielded suit for us all to wear when we leave the house.

My point has escaped you as well.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County

If you are consistent in this belief, then you're probably in agreement with hornadylnl. Government regulation is not necessary for this.

If you are consistent, then you will apply this same logic to things such as grass length, fire codes, the drug war, drunk driving, etc.

Most are not consistent. Most gladly support government regulation of things that they don't personally do or approve of.

That's the point he is trying to make.

Top Bottom