Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    No time to really respond to this but the standards started to be re-vamped last year with more sleep allowed and more food (some of the biggest hurdles in Ranger school).

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My uncle (decorated army ranger-Korea-Nam) deceased, is rolling over in his grave. His brother, same distinction, is livid. WTF...............:xmad:

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    We elect a marxist pig to the executive position, and now we are going to complain about lowered standards?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Obviously if women (and gays perhaps) couldn't cut the requirements then those requirements were sexist. It jus brings a thrill up and down my leg to see how sensitive to others we have become. I am sure you all feel as enlightened as I do now.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This makes me insane. There is not, can not and will not ever be a level playing field anywhere at any time. We all, each and every one of us have a talent or natural skill that others do not posses. Mental, physical, whatever. Find yours and use it, exploit it and prosper. Do not PC your way into something you have absolutely no freaking business doing or even attempting. This is going to get people killed or maimed. PC is wrong. End of rant.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    I JUST HAD A F-ING STROKE. WTF ARE THESE CLOWNS THINKING?????? Is Nothing sacred to the POS political c-suckers that are in charge now!!!! I want nothing more than 5 minutes in a room with the fat a** pogues that came up with this high-speed f-ing plan:xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:

Sorry, but this pisses me the f-off!!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I JUST HAD A F-ING STROKE. WTF ARE THESE CLOWNS THINKING?????? Is Nothing sacred to the POS political c-suckers that are in charge now!!!! I want nothing more than 5 minutes in a room with the fat a** pogues that came up with this high-speed f-ing plan:xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:

Sorry, but this pisses me the f-off!!!

I have no way to really express my feelings about this without some time with the Mods. This is beyond stupid. We are truly doomed.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't think doomed is the word for it. I have had to edit everything after that statement.

Point made and understood. I am not kidding about my uncles. Both are of the highest character. Both Army Rangers. Both highly decorated including purple hearts. This is just so wrong. Who ever came up with this Bravo Sierra needs to run boot and then Ranger school. Might change their minds or relieve this earth of their presence and influence. JMHO....end of rant......Again.....:patriot:

Tebow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Whiting, IN
    Until I see this on other 'news' sites, I'm calling BS. I just asked a soldier in the Army and he said there are new combat jobs open to women but not Rangers and standards are not dropping. I also sent him the link and he said that's more than likely not a reliable source. If it doesn't come from the Army, it's more than likely not reliable.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    Until I see this on other 'news' sites, I'm calling BS. I just asked a soldier in the Army and he said there are new combat jobs open to women but not Rangers and standards are not dropping. I also sent him the link and he said that's more than likely not a reliable source. If it doesn't come from the Army, it's more than likely not reliable.

It is probably semantics. The 75th Ranger Regiment is combat arms (Airborne Infantry), Ranger school is just that, a school. 75 days of training that those who complete get short tabbed. It is no different than Airborne school. Yes, females attend and get their wings, but how many have ever got the mustard stain? ZERO!

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

you can call BS if you like. This link came to me from a few co-workers that are retired Rangers/SF who are do training for USSOCOM.

They've been told not to talk about it. But it's been going around the community. And no, I'm not a Ranger/SF, but I have the privileged to work with and support a lot of them.

Yes, I have the best I.T. job in the world, computers and guns all day long, lol.

I'm glad you "asked a soldier in the Army", but that doesn't mean squat. My son is active duty and he'd have no clue because he's not at Bragg.

If this former Special Forces weapons SGT says it, I'll believe it.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I called and ask my friend (I was in his wedding) who is actually a Ranger about this. He said it is "possible," but that he hadn't heard about it. If this was true, this would be all over Columbus.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Redhood
    Top Bottom