• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Don't mind him. He's just naturally paranoid of everybody. :):

No, I just think its funny to complain about libs wanting to silence dissenting opinion after the send off Wine Country was given. We're winning a lot of hearts and minds to our cause here.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    We need to look at the bigger picture.

Since BHO doesn't have a son...

Obviously he is clearing the way for his daughters to go into combat arms, to show he's not one of the privileged 1%ers.

Quite noble of him actually.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    No, I just think its funny to complain about libs wanting to silence dissenting opinion after the send off Wine Country was given. We're winning a lot of hearts and minds to our cause here.

Do you really think that the subsequent fruits of Wine Country's temper tantrum would truly silence a lib's dissenting opinion?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Do you really think that the subsequent fruits of Wine Country's temper tantrum would truly silence a lib's dissenting opinion?

I'm sure he's not the only one to be turned off by this site. I'm clearly in the minority of political thought here. I stick around but how many don't?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I continue to adjust and define my political beliefs from the influences around me. These threads do have a part in this. I get my hair up on occasion but I do not run and hide when I get butthurt. If I see the errors of my beliefs I revue and adjust as needed. If not, I stand my ground. Winecountry chose to call names and run because someone hurt his/her tender sensibility's with a comment. I truly can not find it but he must have seen it. I am not a backward thinking conservative but that is his opinion of us. I did not call him a libtard although I now consider him to be one or close. The comment on paying taxes gives a person the "Right" to do something was off the libtard play sheet. Heck, you have been called a lot of things Horn my boy but you stand by your convictions regardless. They do move around some but you stay the course, no run and hide.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I'm sure he's not the only one to be turned off by this site. I'm clearly in the minority of political thought here. I stick around but how many don't?

Call me crazy, though I'm fairly positive that a few with right leaning political thoughts have been turned off by this site as well.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

give it a rest, there are gay conservatives and Christian liberals. He clearly had an agenda, was just waiting to find something to use those stupid gay smilies for.

As another member posted, get some thicker skin...

If he has a greater point to prove on Ranger school, I suggest he HTFU and go see a recruiter...

Last edited:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    In the long and short of it, they will water it down. Look at the schools. It will be no different. They will not be shown wrong so standards will be lowered at some point.

The sad things is in the last 5 years they have REALLY softened the **** out of the program. All because somebody's precious little snowflake died...

Yes, yes it was a tragic event. But, it is NOT cause to pussify the Course...

green55

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Marion County
    I know I may be leaping into this "puddle-turned-pond" conversation (and over my head, I admit), but I can't watch as people bend forward thinking into "marxism" or "communist thinking." I just don't agree with calling progress in equal rights "marxist."

Hell, if I were back in Iraq and the SHTF, I don't care what kind of person has my back; gay, straight, male, female, Hindu, Baptist, Muslim…as long as they're a trained Soldier, I trust them with my life.

Just my opinion on the matter...I think it'd be cool to see female Rangers. And if she got an extra 8 hours of sleep and 2000 calories at Ranger school with her male classmates, she's still more hardcore than me.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The sad things is in the last 5 years they have REALLY softened the **** out of the program. All because somebody's precious little snowflake died...

Yes, yes it was a tragic event. But, it is NOT cause to pussify the Course...

People die. Sad, tragic, unpleasant at best but there are no guarantee's.
    If you want to be one of the toughest SOB's on the planet, tough up or shut up.
    There will be no level field of play. I am faster than you (maybe) but slower than him. He can do this but not as well as this other fella. I am a fair hand with a firearm but he is freaking fabulous. To each and everyone their particular skills.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    I had a real problem with winecountry's opinion, and I am sure that he/she/it has never been on the sharp end or seen the elephant. Just like the politicians that are coming up with this crap.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We all have issue with comments made from time to time. That is why all of us backwards thinking conservatives tend to discuss things and at least try to work out the kinks. If we do not it is most often "agree to disagree" and leave it at that, on to the next topic.
    I will almost bet you the little libtard is still reading this thread or will be checking in to see
    how much poop he stirred up with his exodus.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    We all have issue with comments made from time to time. That is why all of us backwards thinking conservatives tend to discuss things and at least try to work out the kinks. If we do not it is most often "agree to disagree" and leave it at that, on to the next topic.
    I will almost bet you the little libtard is still reading this thread or will be checking in to see
    how much poop he stirred up with his exodus.

Its too bad that individual INGO users can't block (specific members and guests) others from viewing their own posts, much like they can generally do so from viewing one's profile.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I know I may be leaping into this "puddle-turned-pond" conversation (and over my head, I admit), but I can't watch as people bend forward thinking into "marxism" or "communist thinking." I just don't agree with calling progress in equal rights "marxist."

Hell, if I were back in Iraq and the SHTF, I don't care what kind of person has my back; gay, straight, male, female, Hindu, Baptist, Muslim…as long as they're a trained Soldier, I trust them with my life.

Just my opinion on the matter...I think it'd be cool to see female Rangers. And if she got an extra 8 hours of sleep and 2000 calories at Ranger school with her male classmates, she's still more hardcore than me.

Friend, I believe you missed the point. No one here has a problem with anyone who can measure up wearing that tab on the collar. What most have a problem with is changing the standards in order to diversify a necessarily difficult program in order to be demographically politically correct. As I see it, if any women are tough enough to make it without changing anything other than giving them the same fair chance to try as anyone else, I am all in favor of it. If they cheapen the program for politics, that is a major problem--and that usually is the method of operation in this type of situation, unfortunately.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

There is a big difference between you and Whine Country. We often have differing opinions to the point of a very spirited discussion/debate/argument but i fail to recall you resorting to calling names and making personal attacks, especially those of a less than factual nature. Telling us that our ideas are all wet is one thing. Calling us a bunch of backward-thinking bigots, etc., is something entirely different. In the end, you are not going to win any hearts and minds with people who walk through the door in attack mode. They show up to cause a ruckus, not to have a real discussion.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There is a big difference between you and Whine Country. We often have differing opinions to the point of a very spirited discussion/debate/argument but i fail to recall you resorting to calling names and making personal attacks, especially those of a less than factual nature. Telling us that our ideas are all wet is one thing. Calling us a bunch of backward-thinking bigots, etc., is something entirely different. In the end, you are not going to win any hearts and minds with people who walk through the door in attack mode. They show up to cause a ruckus, not to have a real discussion.

My point exactly. I even used ol horn as an example. We rarely see eye to eye and mostly because he loves stirring the pile. That said he still causes some spirited debate, right or wrong.
    Wine country was just off base and went libtard on us. To call anyone who believes in fairness as originally defined "Backward" thinking is just lashing out from anger and well, being a libtard. Yes, I called him a name, so there.
    I just can not wrap my head around progressives. The world is round, still.

Top Bottom