• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just because someone pays taxes does not by "Any" measure mean they should be allowed to play with the big boys and their toys. That is straight left wing ludicrous. A ranger will pick up his wounded comrade and hump his A$$ to safety. How many females (no slam fellas, fact, just fact) can do that under fire or over rough terrain. Both of my Army ranger uncles were awarded purple hearts in Korea and the Nam. They were alive to receive them due to another ranger humping them out to safety, under fire, over rough terrain.
    Oh, I pay taxes as well but I am not now or ever have been silly enough to think I could be a ranger. I will never run from a fight, never have. A Ranger, not in this life. Ladies, there is plenty you can do in the Army. Stay the hell away from the Ranger's.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I watched my son graduate from rangers . Tough course . I wonder if they will go to pink berets ?

I'm surprised that the entire military hasn't been forced there already......since the closet door was opened.

Wine Country

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I'm surprised that the entire military hasn't been forced there already......since the closet door was opened.

Ignorance. Bigotry, subtle and insidious. Hate disguised as concern. Sums up this thread and a lot on this forum.

Look at these:
    :gaychase:
    :gheyhi:

Gay chase? Ghey hi? It's in here, done to the bone. I knew there was going to be conservatives here, and the backward thinking that accompanies that. But it's gotten to be a bit much. No hard feelings, so long and farewell.

:ingo::patriot:

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Ignorance. Bigotry, subtle and insidious. Hate disguised as concern. Sums up this thread and a lot on this forum.

Look at these:

Gay chase? Ghey hi? It's in here, done to the bone. I knew there was going to be conservatives here, and the backward thinking that accompanies that. But it's gotten to be a bit much. No hard feelings, so long and farewell.

Na Na Na Na, Na Na Na Na, Hey Hey, Goodbye

Where did the butthurt smiley go?

I love enlightened libtards. One down, 99 more to go.

Are't the I hate INGO I'm never coming back posts supposed to be in the Break Room or Site Anouncement areas?

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI

Look at these:

Yes, a forum full of backward thinking conservatives. You'd spend your time more profitably by checking out real stuff like the Huffington Post or the Daily Kos. And be sure to catch The View on tv.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Personally, I have no problem with anyone attending courses like the Ranger one. IF, if you do not change the standards...

I could give 2 farts in a hurricane whether the person who earned the Tab is Male, or Female, , Christian, Muslum, or if the worship the third moon of the 17th planet of the Orion Star cluster or Straight, Gay, or Bi. Hell I don't really care if their preference is to diddle sheep in back corner alleys. As long as they can pass it without watering it down...

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Honestly, I'm surprised it didn't happen earlier. The Ranger tab has been an important ticket to punch for army officers for years, and any male officer who wants a successful army career goes to ranger school. Yeah, a few make upper ranks without it, but not many. I'm surprised the female officers didn't storm that particular castle 20 years ago. If/when it happens, it won't destroy the 75th, it'll just change a little. The tab will become meaningless, and the regiment, or the battalions, will devise some other thing to replace the challenge that ranger school USED to be. They'll still want wearing the tan beret or the scroll to mean something.

The sad part is that nobody will GAIN anything from it, they'll just destroy something.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    Personally, I have no problem with anyone attending courses like the Ranger one. IF, if you do not change the standards...

I could give 2 farts in a hurricane whether the person who earned the Tab is Male, or Female, , Christian, Muslum, or if the worship the third moon of the 17th planet of the Orion Star cluster or Straight, Gay, or Bi. Hell I don't really care if their preference is to diddle sheep in back corner alleys. As long as they can pass it without watering it down...

Look at these:

I notice most of us debating this thread have sworn to defend your right to say that we are backwards thinking conservatives.

'Nuff said.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Look at these:

Bye-Bye.No hard feelings from me either. Grow some thick skin and dig in brother. Do not run and hide. There is no physical contact here.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

In the long and short of it, they will water it down. Look at the schools. It will be no different. They will not be shown wrong so standards will be lowered at some point.

Wine country, sorry, I know its rough.

EDIT....I got your backward thinking old buddy.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Look at these:

I see that Whine Country is one of those individual who believes in freedom of thought so long as you agree with him/her/it.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Bye-Bye.No hard feelings from me either. Grow some thick skin and dig in brother. Do not run and hide. There is no physical contact here.

Well said, Sir.

(Will the standards eventually be lowered so such thin skinned pansies are admitted to the Rangers so as to not hurt their feelings?)

I hope he remembered his participation trophy on the way out of the door.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I see what you did there.

Yes. I have a serious problem with what he did, and would in the event that I agreed with his position completely, partially, or not at all. That post essentially attacked the rights of others to their own opinions and beliefs. One often troublesome element of liberty is the right to one's own thoughts and the right to express them. In the end, this comes down to affording others the right to be wrong (assuming that this is in fact the case, since it generally is based on opinion) which few even among those who profess liberty seem willing to afford others.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Yes. I have a serious problem with what he did, and would in the event that I agreed with his position completely, partially, or not at all. That post essentially attacked the rights of others to their own opinions and beliefs. One often troublesome element of liberty is the right to one's own thoughts and the right to express them. In the end, this comes down to affording others the right to be wrong (assuming that this is in fact the case, since it generally is based on opinion) which few even among those who profess liberty seem willing to afford others.

You think that character trait is limited to just the left? You don't read much here, do you?:laugh:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It has to be equal on all sides or I am going to take my stuff home....so there.
    I have no real issue with him or his views but I will tell him about my backwards thinking if I ever get the chance. That was a bit rude dontcha think.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    You think that character trait is limited to just the left? You don't read much here, do you?:laugh:

I fail to see where I made any implication that this does not apply as a general principle equally suited to any/all political persuasions.

Top Bottom