• ...and so much more!
  • LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It's not real. No matter what they say, nothing you see is not 100% produced for entertaining an ignorant audience.

Bahbo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 2, 2012
    Prices in the actual shop can be high but there are plenty of deals at gun smoke if your there at the right time. My buddy bought a s&w revolver in 9mm (moonclipless) for less than $400 if I recall correctly.

Also the owner is a decent guy when he's not on camera, it is a tv show and he hams it up for the audience.

Bahbo

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    It's not real.

I know. But most don't. ;)

Funny Red Jacket had a really good rep before the TV show. Now you can find tons of complaints about their products.

Not REAL? Those people are not professional actors. I have to believe that the situations are fake / contrived but the conduct of the people? Since they are not actors I tend to think what you see on screen is pretty much what you get in real life.

harrisonpainter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    If anybody needs the same Gunsmoke upgrades done on their 870, I am willing to do it at the discounted price of $1625!!! I don't like to make money folks, I just love to slap tacticool accessories on old shotguns!! HeHeHeHe

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    If anybody needs the same Gunsmoke upgrades done on their 870, I am willing to do it at the discounted price of $1625!!! I don't like to make money folks, I just love to slap tacticool accessories on old shotguns!! HeHeHeHe

Don? Is that you Don, we have often pondered if you were on here using a handle not easy to associate with you. :rolleyes:

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I watched for the first time last night....and for the last. I saw what they did to the 870 and was like $1700 for that, WTF? This guy just got bent over a barrel. I know these shows are dramatized for the mindless wonders out there. Wow.:n00b:

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    I wonder if those prices are "TV" prices and the customers don't actually pay anywhere near that much.

The prices for the gunsmithing services don't seem terrible. Maybe a little high, but Denver is expensive. I will say that all the engraving work I've seen done by that d-bag son is pretty killer though. Gotta give him credit for quality work.

It's a cheap excuse to watch things blow up. That's about it.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I just finished watching a new episode on American Guns tonight. A guy comes in wanting to buy a rifle for gator hunting.

The owner tells him that he thinks a .223 bolt rifle would be a good idea and recommends the Mossberg MVP. He then says to be on the safe side, he recommends a handgun for emergency use, and says the S&W Governor is a good idea.

For these two guns, he quotes the man 10k. The man talks him down to 8k.

The guys in the shop do a trigger job on both guns and put a scout scope on the rifle. The son then does some engraving on the cylinder.

Those two guns new are around 1k. I can't imagine two trigger jobs, a scope, and some minor engraving be worth 7k. :n00b:

Nothing about these "reality shows" is real. They are marketing, plain and simple. Now when some ignoramus walks into a store and pays *only* $3k for that same rifle, handgun and scope, he will tell all his friends what a great deal he got.

Pawn Stars, American Guns, whatever reality show you pic-- FAKE FAKE FAKE.

The guy never actually paid that amount.

DWS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    Sheridan
    My impression is he is whores his underage daughter out on national TV for profit - yet makes a big deal about how protective he is. Hell - if your some what hot wife wants to parade around on the show dressed that way - I'm all for it - but **** man - tell your daughter to put some clothes on...

What an ass.....

As fas as him being a retired cop....ummmm yeah.... perception is everything.....

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    Saw an episode recently where some poor sap and his wife come in to the shop - he is Pro gun, and she is clearly an anti. He asks for matching his and hers pistols for daily carry. The horse-faced wife asks what sort of budget they are on, and the guy says $1500 for both. She sells him on their 3 day course plus two Smith .38 snubbies that get the "treatment" from the idiot smiths in the basement (Trigger job). Really? The two snubbies together shouldn't have been more than $800, so they are selling the class and the smith work for $700? Oh, and the shots of her learning to shoot at the range - they are shooting Commander sized .45's, not the weapons that they overpaid for and will be carrying on a daily basis.....:rolleyes:

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    I wonder if those prices are "TV" prices and the customers don't actually pay anywhere near that much.

The prices for the gunsmithing services don't seem terrible. Maybe a little high, but Denver is expensive. I will say that all the engraving work I've seen done by that d-bag son is pretty killer though. Gotta give him credit for quality work.

It's a cheap excuse to watch things blow up. That's about it.

Why is the son a d-bag? He seems like a good, hard working kid to me.:dunno:

tdosha

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    My wife was scanning channels this week and stopped on it. She saw them change the wingmaster over to home defense and the price to do so. She knew I was wanting to convert one of my Mossberg's and paid attention. Afterwards she asked me how much it was going to cost me to do it. Now she thinks I'm a gun god since I can do it so much cheaper!

I guess I finally found a redeeming quality in this show.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Brandonki
    Top Bottom