• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I shot a FNS 9mm for the first time the other day. Man that was a great gun all the way around. The grip, the point ability, the trigger and accuracy (17 rounds through n one ragged hole at 10 yards and I wasn't supper slow)

If I had input in adopting a gun I would have given the FNS serious consideration.

It seems to have about everything every other striker fired pistil doesn't. No finger Grover's but much more aggressive (but not hard on your hand aggressive) texturing better than a SIG or my loved M&P.

But with the amount of training on Flocks as well as holsters t hat can be kept I can see why the FBI did what they did. Not like they are using their guns like the Bordepatrol does.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    ​He said "Clip"............................................................giggle

What? There's a clip full of shells right in the picture.
    That automatic assault pistol is not even tactical. It doesn't have the shoulder thing that goes up.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I shot a FNS 9mm for the first time the other day. Man that was a great gun all the way around. The grip, the point ability, the trigger and accuracy (17 rounds through n one ragged hole at 10 yards and I wasn't supper slow)

If I had input in adopting a gun I would have given the FNS serious consideration.

It seems to have about everything every other striker fired pistil doesn't. No finger Grover's but much more aggressive (but not hard on your hand aggressive) texturing better than a SIG or my loved M&P.

But with the amount of training on Flocks as well as holsters t hat can be kept I can see why the FBI did what they did. Not like they are using their guns like the Bordepatrol does.

The FNS's are definitely underrated and I love the feel of the grip. The RFP states there should be sm, m, lg, grip options. The glock already starts out fairly big (would be better if they got rid of that big void at the back of the grip) and by adding their backstraps you basically go from med/lg to lg and x-large. The better choice would have been the P320 but I agree for logistic reasons it makes sense to keep with the glock. It's too bad they probably wasted a lot of mfg's time and money when they likely already knew what they were going to go with. Sort of like when companies have to post a job due to HR policy but already know who they are going to hire for it.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Officers will have a heart attack, no hammer and no safety, it will be anarchy.

As you know, the M240 and M249 can not be fired with the bolt forward, and the safety can not be engaged in that condition either. There is no need to.

All these weapons not on safe is the source of great consternation among people who ought to know better.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Welcome, brother. There is a quiet group of FNH fans quite likely larger than any of us know. I have a number of FNPs and like that I can still opt for hammer fired (FNX) in any offered caliber - kind of like still being able to order a manual trans on your selected wheels if you want one

They shoot very nicely, indeed

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It does? Do you even have a photo of one?

Just as a general point of interest, there is a lot of information in the world that doesn't make it to the Internet. Given Glock's history of using Non-Disclosure Agreements for both employees and for T&E, it would be more logical to assume the pistol exists, has been vetted via testing, but that those involved are under NDA until it appears publicly.

It exists.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Unfortunately I can't due to a non-disclosure agreement we are under. Pics will be out in less than a month though. I took the pics in April.

BBI was typing while I was.

Ben Nelson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Corner of Walk & Dont Walk
    Welcome, brother. There is a quiet group of FNH fans quite likely larger than any of us know. I have a number of FNPs and like that I can still opt for hammer fired (FNX) in any offered caliber - kind of like still being able to order a manual trans on your selected wheels if you want one

They shoot very nicely, indeed

Count me as part of the brotherhood. The FNS 9c has replaced the glock 19 as my EDC . . . Ambi controls, steel sights, no finger grooves, and built like a tank.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I like the Gen 2's better than the 3's as far as feel. I have small hands and the finger grooves hit me just fine so the 3's aren't too bad though. I'll be interested to see what they come out with.

There is still one I'd like them to make, but I don't think they ever will. I doubt there would be enough interest or demand for it. I'd like to see a G19 sized gun that's a thin single stack like the 43. Handling like a full size gun but still very thin and light. I like my Kahr P9 and had thought about a TP9. I've owned and carried some form of Glock since the 23 first came out and I'm very used to the trigger and prefer it over the Kahr.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    What? There's a clip full of shells right in the picture.
    That automatic assault pistol is not even tactical. It doesn't have the shoulder thing that goes up.

There is? I only see a Magazines full of rounds of ammunition. Loaded backwards. Where is this "clip of shells" you see?

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Doesn't matter....... the FBI can't hit the broad side of a barn and the men all shoot blanks.

The FBI (the standard agents anyway) don't have to shoot well. Unlike most PD's the FBI is an investigative Agency with some police powers where as the rest are Police agencies with some investigative powers

FBI SWAT or their HRT I would put up against anyone. Been to several trainings with ST Louis and Springfield IL FBI SWAT and not ones you would want a gun fight with. Wether they have their 1911's, Glock or anything else.

TheHive

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Having owned almost all the models and selling them off due to the fit in my hand, the M&P is a much better fit for me and how will the GMEN do with it???

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Based on today's announcements, I expected it to be called the 'Hillary'. All bark and no bite, as it shoots blanks at a felon with intent to not harm whatsoever.

Top Bottom