Are females in this country really that bad off?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I used to like Nick Offerman till I heard his anti-gun tirade

...and his anti-Christian comedy

...and he was at the Womens March this week

...but darn it, the man is still really funny. I'll turn him off when I hear those things, but every other time... that laugh of his is so infectious. :):

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Here's a guy the schools them.
    And nobody tried to rough him up, because he's HUGE.
    I don't know that I'd have had the patience to try to educate those that don't want to be educated.
    At first, he was just talking, but as they started yelling, he got louder.
    I was yelling at the screen "YOU TELL 'EM!".

(I'm not sure about language in the background. I didn't hear anything, but it's filmed in a crowd of angry people, so warning just in case)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBFx-DfKm7o

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    Well, I think it is a complicated issue.
    I work in a union.
    Man or woman, you are paid the same.... for the same job.

If you are a millwright at #2 Continuous Caster, you make the same base pay because you're a millwright, and the same incentive, because you both work at the same place.

Problem is, a majority, not all, just a majority, of the women work in fields that are either... less dangerous, office work, better environment, etc.
    So, a majority aren't a millwright, or really any of the maintenance crafts.
    They aren't in a shop like #2 caster, or if they do, they're in a office.
    If they work in the shop, they tend towards forklift operator, or even crane operator.

So.. it's complicated.
    I've heard some arguements that went along the lines of "2 caster makes so much money, why can't Iron producing make more since they got a pay increase"

but the gender pay gap has been debunked quite a few times honestly, it seems like anyone who believes it just blindly follows it

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I've heard some arguements that went along the lines of "2 caster makes so much money, why can't Iron producing make more since they got a pay increase"

but the gender pay gap has been debunked quite a few times honestly, it seems like anyone who believes it just blindly follows it

You're right. It has been debunked. However, people with their own agenda keep beatng the drum- facts be damned.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    She does make good points in that video, like her saying that "feminists" have twisted the word rape around.

There's that statistic going around that 1 in 5 college women are sexually abused, survey contained questions like 'have you ever had sex with someone who made false promises you later found out were false' and 'have you ever been asked to do anything sexual you weren't comfortable with' not actual crime statistics or people out and out saying they were abused, the surveyors came to their own conclusions based on the answers given by the people they called. So now we have that flawed statisctic to hear repeated over and over

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...survey contained questions like 'have you ever had sex with someone who made false promises you later found out were false' and 'have you ever been asked to do anything sexual you weren't comfortable with' not actual crime statistics or people out and out saying they were abused, the surveyors came to their own conclusions based on the answers given by the people they called. So now we have that flawed statisctic to hear repeated over and over

Sure, listen to her...but no one listens to Cosby.

Top Bottom