• Status
    Not open for further replies.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    Machete, let me ask you some questions for some clarification. What kind of matches do you shoot? Do you shoot with factory firearms, or are your firearms modified? Do you shoot from a stationary position? Or do you lay prone, kneel, shoot from behind barriers, etc? Do you shoot using iron sights, or do you use scopes/optics? Why do you need all those fancy a** lenses for?

i dont do run-n-gun

far as those lenses go,,,have you ever been to a 2700 match??? theres a 1800 coming up at Southern Indiana Rifle and Pistol Club on Feb 19... please go there and learn what precision shooting is all about....

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    bye the way,,, it should really tell you something about atterbury that youve never seen a serious target shooter with full competition gear at the firing points...

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    how many times do i have to tell you over and over what the right way is only for you to keep being stubborn about things you dont know and have never seen???

you show me that you dont know much about shooting by asking me really silly questions and not knowing what real gun gear and shooting method is...

until today,,,youve never even seen or heard of a set of jaggis

then,,,you want to tell me that i dont know what im talking about...

:wow:

LOL, I never said you did not know what you are talking about. You started in about the rules at Atterbury. I stated, that the rules are for safety. I also said that in the Military, things are ran the same way. You are the one going on about people not knowing what they are talking about. You think just because you shoot competition that you are a master. Let me tell you something my friend. All your fancy gear, firearms, and little competitions. Are not going to jack for you in SD situation. It's not about making a pretty little hole in the middle of the target. It's about stopping the threat with whatever means necessary. The attacker is not going to stop, and go wait, you did not put every round in the same hole. Do it over until you get it right. This is the conclusion I have came too. You think for someone to have any knowledge of firearms. They must meet the following.

1. Shoot in competitions, that you yourself can not even define. Like you have something to hide.
    2. Have a bunch of fancy gear that really means squat.
    3. Have a high dollar customized firearm. Like it's going to make you super accurate.

I do not need all that fancy crap to be a good shot. I use straight out of the box factory firearms. I also use factory ammo. I do not buy fancy gear, to me it's just a waste of money, and does not make the shooter. A specific firearm does not make a shooter accurate, it's the shooter that makes the gun accurate. I guess you never learned that along the way. I would be more than happy to meet you at the range, and see what real shooting is all about. I'm not saying I'm the best shot in the World. However, I'm confident in my firearm handling skills. Currently all you are doing is talking, trying to prove something, which I along with everyone else does not understand.

By the way, how am I asking silly questions? I want to know what competitions you compete in. In terms of firearms used, shooting positions, yardage, time limits, etc. Yet, you have yet to give me a straight answer. You only respond with, you do not know anything about firearms. What do you have to hide? You say you are knowledgeable, so shed some light upon us mere mortals. Until then, you are just wasting key strokes. If you are going to do nothing but brag, and look down upon others experience and knowledge. Or, according to you, lack of. Then please go troll elsewhere. If you do not like the rules at Atterbury, then that's fine. No need to take the thread beyond that.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    i dont do run-n-gun

far as those lenses go,,,have you ever been to a 2700 match??? theres a 1800 coming up at Southern Indiana Rifle and Pistol Club on Feb 19... please go there and learn what precision shooting is all about....

Where is this club located? If I can make it, I would like to attend to see what's all about.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    does that make any sense from a bookkeeping view??? if your going to shoot how much you shoot,,,thats how much YOU shoot... you dont add to how much YOU shoot... you are you... you being you dont help a business cover for me not coming...

oh yeah,,,a miracle every day... millions of rounds and nobody ever got hurt... some miracle... low bar for miracles these days... it was much better the way it was...

if you live in columbus and your a real shooter your already a member of hhrp... check your match calendar...

Hoosier Hills Rifle and Pistol? Wow... Dad used to be a member there years ago, I can't really say PASS strongly enough... Unless some major changes have been made, CERAlands ****-poorly maintained outdoor range is far and away superior to the condition the HHRP outdoor range always was when we went to shoot...

Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009

kids these days...

let daddy show you what real shooting is...

scope...

Gun-Ho-pistol-box-GHCSE-4.jpg

lenses...

jaggi.jpg
    Kid ?:orly: As for "daddy" you would'nt make a pimple on my Dad's backside! If you are a "daddy" to anyone,I feel sorry for them.I doubt you could show me anything. You sir,are a :joke:

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville

kids these days...

let daddy show you what real shooting is...

scope...

Gun-Ho-pistol-box-GHCSE-4.jpg

lenses...

jaggi.jpg

I guess I've done it all wrong my whole life when it comes to "real shooting". Wish I could have had all these doo dads and gizmos hooked up on my gun turret in the Stan...

As for competition shooting...You are in the realm of the unlimited shooter and just a basic target shooter only bro...None of those items are going to help you in practical shooting..."Hey buddy hold still while I get all this crap adjusted so I can shoot back at you"

Had to get that off my chest after reading all this stuff. Sorry to my fellow INGO members for dropping to this level. As for MCFG every time I've shot in competiton at the range, there is no weapon touching allowed unless you are the one on the line under the direct supervision "one on one" of that RO and he says you may make ready. They have a safe area set up and it was pretty much the same situation with the GSSF match I helped run. Go figure.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    I guess I've done it all wrong my whole life when it comes to "real shooting". Wish I could have had all these doo dads and gizmos hooked up on my gun turret in the Stan...

really sonny??? i shoot with my eyes only...no optics... ive seen lots of guns in IRAQ and AFGHANISTAN with trijicons and eotechs and other optics... dont talk to me about doo-dads unless you show me every doodad is off those guns over there,,,

As for competition shooting...You are in the realm of the unlimited shooter

whats the unlimited shooter class??????????? aint never heard of it????

and just a basic target shooter only bro...None of those items are going to help you in practical shooting..."Hey buddy hold still while I get all this crap adjusted so I can shoot back at you"

like running around with timers buzzers concrete walls with some guy on a stopwatch is in any way --- practical

:laugh:

for practical shooting,,,ill grab a shotgun... end of story...

The List of Offensive Shooting Range Stereotypes

see #12

Had to get that off my chest after reading all this stuff. Sorry to my fellow INGO members for dropping to this level.

only level you dropped to is exposing how little you know about what im talking about and what were debating in this thread...

they got a bad rule at atterbury,,,and some of these customers just want to stand up for any rule they can find cause it makes them feel patriotic to obey rules,,,so they start talking instead about what i shoot when i said the atterbury rule was bad,,,and they turned it into a shooting discussion which they also lost...

they dont know why they like the rule,,,they just do,,,and they dont like someone telling them that theyve been obeying something dumb,,,because it makes them feel bad,,,so they try to say how much they know and how much the other guy dont,,,except the other guy knows a lot more than them...so it didnt work...

As for MCFG every time I've shot in competiton at the range, there is no weapon touching allowed unless you are the one on the line under the direct supervision "one on one" of that RO and he says you may make ready. They have a safe area set up and it was pretty much the same situation with the GSSF match I helped run. Go figure.

good... glad you learned the right way from mcfg... keep doing it that way and well all be safe... now if we can get atterburys rule fixed...which has nothing to do with what you just said for no reason....

did you even read what the issue is before you started talking???

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    "machete", I mean no personal disrespect. I honestly don't. As the old saying goes, "I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

Having said that, though, I would like to point out that the range at Atterbury is being run, primarily, for people like me - amateurs. It's not being run for professional competitors, like you profess to be. The folks who run the range are doing their level best and I, for one, greatly appreciate their efforts. The rules which they have in place are intended to insure the safety of all the shooters, and the overwhelming majority of us agree with those rules or are, at least, willing to live with them.

The bottom line is that, in spite of all your ranting and gnashing of teeth, they are are not going to change the rules just so that they will comply with your personal approval. If you choose to shoot at Atterbury (in compliance with their rules) then, fine; the more the merrier. Otherwise, maybe you need to find a different range (which lives up to your expectations) or build and operate your own range. Whatever your choice may be, you really need to come to terms with the fact that your incessant posts are not changing anything at Atterbury, are not impressing anyone and, in all honesty, are serving only to make you look increasingly silly.

Best regards.

Last edited:

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    Having said that, though, I would like to point out that the range at Atterbury is being run, primarily, for people like me - amateurs. It's not being run for professional competitors, like you profess to be. The folks who run the range are doing their level best and I, for one, greatly appreciate their efforts. The rules which they have in place are intended to insure the safety of all the shooters, and the overwhelming majority of us agree with those rules or are, at least, willing to live with them.

well,,,there sure aint no money in this... also,,,do you know good you have to be??? look at one of zins 50 yard targets... 5 shots,,, one handed,,, 45 acp,,, all in a silver dollar,,,at 50 yards...

and all the rules arent there for safety...thats a cop out safety nazis always duck behind... that one rule is poorly thought out,,,and there are a lot of other ways to run a safe range... if they had a different rule,,,youd be willing to live with that too,,,right???

my rule doesnt change much,,, it goes from dont touch anything to dont touch guns ammo and mags... that aint radical...

The bottom line is that, in spite of all your ranting and gnashing of teeth, they are are not going to change the rules just so that they will comply with your personal approval.

never know...

If you choose to shoot at Atterbury (in compliance with their rules) then, fine; the more the merrier. Otherwise, maybe you need to find a different range (which lives up to your expectations) or build and operate your own range.

was that not obvious??? did that need to be said??? i really hate when people say something obvious,,,because it looks like theyre trying to make a show of something...

Whatever your choice may be, you really need to come to terms with the fact that your incessant posts are not changing anything at Atterbury,

you need to come to grips with the fact that they just might,,,and my posts are no more incessant than yours... you could let this drop...instead,,,you keep my gripe alive...making the problem known to more people

i know youll be thinking of it the next time you go there... you might already agree with me,,,but you dug yourself a hole so deep you cant admit to it publicly...

next time you go,,,see how stupid they look for telling some guy he cant get his stapler out of his pistol box... that dont do a thing for safety,,,that just makes some pathetic range nazis happy...

are not impressing anyone and, in all honesty, are serving only to make you look increasingly silly.

i think you made yourself and your friends who chimed in look really bad in this thread... im the only one who came out looking like he knew what he was talking about... you also got angry and went into another thread and stood up for background checks over this...

not smart,,,and it tells me a lot about you...

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I think what we are dealing with here is someone that got yelled at while down at Atterbury for messing with the table. Instead of manning up like the rest of us that have mistakenly approached the bench and apologizing, he probably argued and got yelled at some more. Now, he is here, still arguing that he should be allowed to play with his stuff on the shooting bench. Look at the nice tools he has. He can't understand why anyone that see's those tools does not understand how professional he is and should be allowed to muck around on the shooting bench with others downrange.

Seriously Machete, get over it. Most of us have probably had an RO holler when we grabbed a headset or something without thinking. Most of us man up and simply apologize and try not to do dumb stuff again. Life's too short to run around pounding your chest and telling everyone how great you are and should be treated differently. In the end, you just end up losing what ever respect you had built up.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    I think what we are dealing with here is someone that got yelled at while down at Atterbury for messing with the table. Instead of manning up like the rest of us that have mistakenly approached the bench and apologizing, he probably argued and got yelled at some more.

really got a handle on reality there---just make up your own...

manning up is getting rid of a bad rule,,,not being a coward and following it...just doing what everyone tells you,,,like a good follower

some of you authority lovers cant admit that you cant stand up for yourselves,,,and you dont like people who do,,,so you try to pass off obedience as patriotism...when you dont ever know that theres another way to do it,,,you just dont like people who think they are above following a rule you obey with a yessir!

i see it in many things not just range rules... a lot of conservatives dont like people who are the take charge types...they like to think that everyone is a rule follower,,,just like they are,,,so they dont feel bad about not manning up...

Last edited:

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    well,,,there sure aint no money in this... also,,,do you know good you have to be??? look at one of zins 50 yard targets... 5 shots,,, one handed,,, 45 acp,,, all in a silver dollar,,,at 50 yards...

50 yard shots...one handed...with a handgun...all in a silver dollar?

I don't know you from Adam, but are you a national champion? I would almost have to see this to believe this...:ingo:

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    50 yard shots...one handed...with a handgun...all in a silver dollar?

I don't know you from Adam, but are you a national champion? I would almost have to see this to believe this...:ingo:

zins is,,,7 times,,,read the post...

do you know good you have to be??? look at one of zins 50 yard targets... 5 shots,,, one handed,,, 45 acp,,, all in a silver dollar,,,at 50 yards...

zins won this year with a 2650-134X

the x is 1.695 inches at 50 yards slow same for 25 yards timed and rapid... .67 inches at 25 yards slow

Last edited:

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    zins is,,,7 times,,,read the post...

I read the post, and I read it again, but I can't make sense with all the ,,,,,,,,,,,, and words I've never heard before, such as zins, my friend.

Please explain it for us shooters that are not as skilled as you, because we all haven't been shooting our entire lives or for countless years. :ingo:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom