Best 9mm to target shoot (plink) with?.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    SW1911 Pro Series
    Springfield Range Officer

Glock 34
    M&P Pro Series
    Walther PPQ 5"

I agree with the G34 and PPQ (in 5" or the standard 4"). I'll also mention pretty much any Glock 9mm, not just the G34. The G34 is easily the most accurate (to me), but the G26, G19 and G17 are fun shooters as well. My personal favorite is the PPQ, due to the sweet trigger.

Hexlobular

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    SWI
    Do you have a favorite home defense or carry gun? I would want to use that for plinking to stay practiced. If not, I'd save money and buy what I really want for HD/carry and use that for plinking.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    EAA Witness Elite Match, WAY more accurate than I am, tuned and Production Class legal (and competitive) out of the box, many reviews say it outshoots Kimbers of twice the price. I When I got mine it was just a shade above $500 and the fit and finish are great. Little big for carry, but definitely my go-to gun for plinking and punching paper. One of my "never sell/trade this one" guns.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    For the money IMHO it's hard to beat an "out of the box" Glock 17 or Full size M&P..

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    4487CZ_Motivator_zps092eeee4.jpg

rausch51

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    The Ville
    I can agree with some of the above... My SR9c has never let me down, and is a blast to shoot. Full size M&P is a great gun, but the stock trigger is pretty junky.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Do you have a favorite home defense or carry gun? I would want to use that for plinking to stay practiced. If not, I'd save money and buy what I really want for HD/carry and use that for plinking.

I carry a G19 everyday, Just wanted something a little different to plink with. I went to my LGS the other day and handled quite a few different pistols but couldn't quite make my mind up as what one would be the most fun for just target shooting.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    EAA Witness Elite Match, WAY more accurate than I am, tuned and Production Class legal (and competitive) out of the box, many reviews say it outshoots Kimbers of twice the price. I When I got mine it was just a shade above $500 and the fit and finish are great. Little big for carry, but definitely my go-to gun for plinking and punching paper. One of my "never sell/trade this one" guns.

I was wondering about one of those. I seen them online but hadn't seen one in a store. Good to hear it shoots as good as the price is. May have to look into one a little more. Thanks

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Yea Ive thought about the Beretta as well or maybe one of the Taurus variants?... Any one with any thoughts on these. They both feel very nice in the hand, an being an all metal gun Im sure shooting the 9mm cartridge it wouldn't be like shooting much at all with recoil.

Top Bottom