Best 9mm to target shoot (plink) with?.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chipsher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Logansport
    EAA Witness Elite Match, WAY more accurate than I am, tuned and Production Class legal (and competitive) out of the box, many reviews say it outshoots Kimbers of twice the price. I When I got mine it was just a shade above $500 and the fit and finish are great. Little big for carry, but definitely my go-to gun for plinking and punching paper. One of my "never sell/trade this one" guns.

i have to agree. I just paid 620.00 for mine about the same price i paid for my M&P Pro. There both nice but the Tanfoglio is twice the gun at the range. Wouldn't want to carry it though.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    i have to agree. I just paid 620.00 for mine about the same price i paid for my M&P Pro. There both nice but the Tanfoglio is twice the gun at the range. Wouldn't want to carry it though.

Yeah, I've got a Bladetech holster for it, because it was my first 9mm, but now that I have a smaller carry gun, it goes to the range or woods (where we have our own range) in a case.

Made a couple minor upgrades with Hennings parts (redesigned guide rod, have a new titanium firing pin but it needs mag safety removed making it illegal for Production if I ever got into competition)

Would love to find different grips for it other than the factory and competition offerings.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    FWIW whichever gun you choose if you are still considering buying at Rural King they have a 12% rebate on guns going on now. I think the rebate may be in the form of a RK card. For instance a Citadel 1911 @ $374.99 is $329.99 after rebate, a Ruger SR22 pistol $255.19 after rebate. This is advertised as being on all guns, ammo and accs.

http://www.ruralking.com/weekly-ad/

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    FWIW whichever gun you choose if you are still considering buying at Rural King they have a 12% rebate on guns going on now. I think the rebate may be in the form of a RK card. For instance a Citadel 1911 @ $374.99 is $329.99 after rebate, a Ruger SR22 pistol $255.19 after rebate. This is advertised as being on all guns, ammo and accs.

http://www.ruralking.com/weekly-ad/

Thanks for the link!!! I may take a look at one. If I don't go with the PT92 (in black of course) the 1911 in 9mm would probably next on the list. But I just don't know if I could bring myself to own a 1911 in anything other than 45acp :laugh:

chipsher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Logansport
    I bought one of the Citadel 9mm 1911 for 350.00 at Rural King. Very accurate, tight and the trigger is pretty nice. The barrel interior was pretty rough. i had to polish the chamber to get it extract reliably. But still a good buy.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    This question always gets me. It is like asking what car should I get to just drive around in.
    Go to a gun store or show. Handle each and everone you might consider.
    When one feels good. That is the best one.

MTFisher93

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    Terre Haute, IN
    I bought a G19 a few weeks ago and I love it! I also have an M&P series 9mm and it is great as well. you cannot go wrong with either! the Glock is a little bit more reliable and durable according to most reviews, so take that into account with how rough you will be with it!

Springer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Shelbyville
    I will put in my vote for a 92FS. Lots of people do not like them but I really enjoy shooting them. The most accurate 9mm I have fired.

I still want to try a CZ as well as a High Power, and a 9mm 1911.

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    I was thinking PT92 before I even saw that suggested. I now own a Sig 226 that replaced it, but there's nothing wrong with (and a lot right with) the big Taurus. They are very easy to shoot well, and have a nice short trigger reset. I'm partial to the Sig, but I got a great deal on it, and it was still much more than you should be able to find a Taurus for.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I already EDC a G19 so Im basically looking for a steel 9mm to target shoot with. So with that said Im probably going to end up with one othe PT92s. But wouldn't mind testing out one of the 1911 9mm variations also.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    This question always gets me. It is like asking what car should I get to just drive around in.
    Go to a gun store or show. Handle each and everone you might consider.
    When one feels good. That is the best one.

Just because it feels good in the hand, does not mean it will be what your looking for on the shooting range. If someone else tells me they have either owned or currently own a pistol that Im considering has had problems or would not be a fit for the type of shooting Im looking to do with it. Seems like a good question to bring up could save a guy some coin in the long rung.

Top Bottom