• ...and so much more!
  • blkrifle

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    terre haute
    must be way more popular in other parts of the country. A5 asked SC's to comment prior to the BoD meeting and there just didnt seem to be much interest in Area 5

kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011
    Apparently the retarded 10rd limit is still in effect. RETARDED.

Agreed. Glad they did what they did about the weight limits, but they had a chance to make it even better by getting rid of the 10 round limit. Semi-fail.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Agreed. Glad they did what they did about the weight limits, but they had a chance to make it even better by getting rid of the 10 round limit. Semi-fail.

I think it is a plot to validate the 9mm 1911.

(Although I dont't actually read meeting minutes, or all that stuff you have to click yes to with a computer software upgrade, yeck.)

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Hard to talk about innovation in firearms and be taken seriously with a 10 round limit.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Hard to talk about innovation in firearms and be taken seriously with a 10 round limit.

It's bad enough they continue to observe a 10 round limit in Production Division. Creating a new division specifically for carry guns with optics that will be carried with 15-19 rounds in their magazines, but forcing the shooters to only load 10 rounds for matches is downright retarded.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I think another problem with a division like carry optics is that it does not fit with the majority of USPSA shooters and their actual habits.

Meaning that many don't carry regularly, or don't gear up and carry a suitable gun in a suitable fashion very often and most of them don't carry their game guns even on the way home. I think we spend a lot of time trying to carve a different niche than IDPA.

Perhaps I am wrong. ( It happened yesterday so surely it won't happen on back to back days) Most USPSA crowd, unload and show clear at the last stage, bag up their gun and go home unarmed. Maybe there is a five shot revolver in their pocket or gun in the glove box or console. Many of them don't carry a gun in a holster for a lot of reasons. So while they are gun people and shoot really well in most cases they are not carry people. Changing guns before a match and after a match is a pain in the ass and the rules contribute to the problem. If 90% of our members carried religiously I think things would be a lot different with our sport. Some differences might be good and some more problematic.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    I think another problem with a division like carry optics is that it does not fit with the majority of USPSA shooters and their actual habits.

Meaning that many don't carry regularly, or don't gear up and carry a suitable gun in a suitable fashion very often and most of them don't carry their game guns even on the way home. I think we spend a lot of time trying to carve a different niche than IDPA.

Perhaps I am wrong. ( It happened yesterday so surely it won't happen on back to back days) Most USPSA crowd, unload and show clear at the last stage, bag up their gun and go home unarmed. Maybe there is a five shot revolver in their pocket or gun in the glove box or console. Many of them don't carry a gun in a holster for a .

I've upped my game. Now I've got a 10 shot 9mm in my pocket. And two spare mags. :)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    At least we've got someone in the job that isn't a pro shooter padding their income with little to no work.

Agreed!

Perhaps I am wrong. ( It happened yesterday so surely it won't happen on back to back days) Most USPSA crowd, unload and show clear at the last stage, bag up their gun and go home unarmed. Maybe there is a five shot revolver in their pocket or gun in the glove box or console. Many of them don't carry a gun in a holster for a lot of reasons. So while they are gun people and shoot really well in most cases they are not carry people. Changing guns before a match and after a match is a pain in the ass and the rules contribute to the problem. If 90% of our members carried religiously I think things would be a lot different with our sport. Some differences might be good and some more problematic.

I think you're right and my observations are similar to yours. It was probably different 20 years ago, but we have a different crowd now.

I think it's close to being the same for regular IDPA shooters. I know some will chime-in here and share that they're always armed, but I see a significant number of shooters at IDPA matches de-gun at the safe area and drive home unarmed. Some may stop on the way home to re-equip, but my hunch is that most don't.

Top Bottom