• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Really all you can do is beat feet and get away from the crowd and to the exit as quickly as possible.

Yeah, a similar situation happened when we were leaving dinner at the BW3's in Washington Square mall a while back. A large fight/brawl/whatever broke out at the little fair/festival thingy while we were walking to the car. We heard at least 2 gun shots from that direction. We just got in the car and left as quickly as possible.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    This is why I stay away from the mall like the plague. Though I have had to visit the mall on a few occasions. I remember living by Washington Square and driving up to Castleton because it was the "nice" mall. Times have changed.

Wasn't there a shooting in the parking lot of Dicks in Castleton Square a few years ago too?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    One of the media outlets tweeted that a reporter confirmed with an IMPD official that they'd been watching chatter for the past few days.

At what point do they alert the public of a potential situation, if at all?

This whole social media thing is a mess. Do you realize what the media would do if one of us had to defend ourselves and family if we got caught up in some of this.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This whole social media thing is a mess. Do you realize what the media would do if one of us had to defend ourselves and family if we got caught up in some of this.

Depends what color the person is on the other end of your self-defense situation. If it's not the right one, then you can believe your social media will be combed thoroughly to find something against you.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    At what point do they alert the public of a potential situation, if at all?

Tough call.

Not blaming IMPD for not doing anything as that is the proper role of the police--to investigate crimes, not conduct pre-crime operations. If you tell people about what was coming today, then you cheese off the Chamber of Commerce and give in to a few punks on Twitter. If you do nothing, then soccer mommies say "why didn't you do anything?"

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    When I was younger I worked inside a mall store, and we had multiple large cans of bear mace for the dashing crowd.

If people started to pile in and run off, mace the **** out of them. They're orange and blind.... Kinda like watching blind hamsters running into the walls.:):

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

Maybe. My rule of thumb is that I don't say anything online that I wouldn't shout into a megaphone on a public street corner.

I realize there is no real anonymity. Keep it civil, keep it clean. Seems to work for me.

Top Bottom