• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Updated Thought Police exam: If a gay couple open-carries a firearm into a bakery and demands a Redskins wedding cake, can they be refused?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Updated Thought Police exam: If a gay couple open-carries a firearm into a bakery and demands a Redskins wedding cake, can they be refused?

The liberal universe would collapse into itself like a zero point energy field.

IMHO

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    This is happening. The people are losing their freedoms everywhere. Its unreal that they can just cancel something like this because a few people dont like it. Land of the regulated and home of the wussified.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I am a non-Irish person who will take it upon myself to be offended for the Irish and take up the cause to change that insensitive nickname for the school in Sowf Bend.

Purple

You know they say it's the name Redskins that is offensive. What if the kept the logo and call themselves "The Warriors"

Oh or I could tolerate it if they called themselves The Bullets ( You see what I did there??????)

Last edited:

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    Someday in the future, teams will be known thusly: Chicago Football Team, Boston Basketball Team, New York Hockey Team, San Francisco Baseball Team. And, to make sure none of the players are offended, they will no longer keep score, so no winners and no losers. Just like they are teaching in schools these days..

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    The Obama administration had to get "caught" politicizing the IRS to attack the Tea Party. But nobody had to "catch" them on this latest embarrassment. It was no journalistic scoop: it was openly trumpeted across the airwaves by the perps themselves. There was no need for server crashes and disappeared emails: they are proud of this.

You have to understand their constituency. I have a black co-worker with whom I have reasonably good-natured political discussions, but from opposite viewpoints. He's a full-on Obama supporter (albeit a little more quiet about it lately). He's into guns, but on everything else, he's a cheerleader for the administration. He sees nothing wrong with what the IRS did to those Tea Party groups. You see, he really believes that the only reason the Tea Party exists, is because the President is Black. "Why didn't we see the Tea Party when George Bush was President? It was only after a Black guy got elected." You get the idea. He's hyper-sensitive to issues of race, sees race in almost everything, and it affects his rationality on things like this. "I bet you probably live in Carmel. You don't know what it's like to be marginalized." Lol...

This issue? You guessed it. "Would it really hurt some rich guy to change the name of his team? The only difference between him and Don Sterling is probably that Sterling got caught."

Obama is playing to "his" audience, and logic, and mature, rational competence in governing have nothing to do with it. To a certain type of person, this stuff all makes sense.
    The administration probably know they're going to draw a lawsuit on this, and in fact are probably hoping for it, going into the elections. There's a certain type of person out there whom they have to titillate.

It's like when I was in High School. We had a Devil mascot, and one year a town rabble-rouser got the idea to harass the School Board to change the name to something less, shall we say, Satanic? He was actively playing to some fundamentalist elements in the community, and let me tell you, those people are loads of fun. Uptight and just really lacking in perspective.

So here we are...same crap, at the national level. Is this _really_ the most significant problem we face right now, harassing some team owner about a mascot name that is eons old? (Well...make sure you ask your nearest Black Voter before you answer that - you White Guys from Carmel need to learn to look at the world from different eyes).

I really yearn for the days when American Presidents spent their time working on important things.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Good Ol South Park and changing the mascott

giant-douche-vs-turd-sandwich.jpg

The oversensitivity in this country is getting really bad, cases of butthurt of epic proportion, pissing matches of even more epic proportions

Leave the damn name be, if you don't agree, don't watch the games, support the team, or buy the merchandise.

Knight Rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Michiana
    The irony is that now anyone/everyone can print and sell whatever they want with the Redskins name and/or logo. The image will be everywhere. As it should be. Why does the government get to allocate access to words and symbols anyway?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    The irony is that now anyone/everyone can print and sell whatever they want with the Redskins name and/or logo. The image will be everywhere. As it should be. Why does the government get to allocate access to words and symbols anyway?

The point is that the Redskins organization will be deprived of any profits from these products that they had earned by maintaining the Redskins team. That is the real affect of this trademark dispute, financial harm. This is the same concept as Fenway owning the INGO logo and name.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Ask the founders. They felt it was important enough to put the issuance of patents in the Constitution.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I still say move the Team to Orlando and be done with it.

Let the Beltway Civil Servant Class stand around the water cooler Monday morning and talk about the really neat-o amateur indoor soccer game they attended.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Ask the founders. They felt it was important enough to put the issuance of patents in the Constitution.

Yea so the wright brothers could go around suing everybody setting us back 20 years of flight technology.

Patents sure are great aren't they!

Top Bottom