• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    How's this for a strange twist? The woman who is leading the fight against the name lives on a Navajo reservation that has a high school with the nickname of... you guessed it! The Red Mesa Redskins

RMUSD #27 / Red Mesa High School
    I'm sure it works along the lines of "that is our word" in her mind. It's only bad if whitey uses it. I also laughed because the linked page uses the word "Indian" several times. I thought that wasn't PC anymore? Oh, the hypocrisy.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    THIS IS GOOD!..........................

They need to change the name to the "Foreskins" to better represent their community, paying tribute to the d.i.c.k. heads in Congress.

Here is some other political correctness to consider:

I agree with our Native American population . I am highly insulted by the racially charged name of the Washington Redskins. One might argue that to name a professional football team after Native Americans would exalt them as fine warriors, but nay, nay. We must be careful not to offend, and in the spirit of political correctness and courtesy, we must move forward.

Let's ditch the Kansas City Chiefs, the Atlanta Braves and the
    Cleveland Indians. If your shorts are in a wad because of the
    reference the name Redskins makes to skin color, then we need to get rid of the Cleveland Browns.

The Carolina Panthers obviously were named to keep the memory of militant Blacks from the 60's alive . Gone. It's offensive to us
    white folk.

The New York Yankees offend the Southern population . Do you see a team named for the Confederacy? No! There is no room for any reference to that tragic war that cost this country so many young men's lives.

I am also offended by the blatant references to the Catholic religion among our sports team names. Totally inappropriate to have the New Orleans Saints, the Los Angeles Angels or the San Diego Padres.

Then there are the team names that glorify criminals who raped and
    pillaged . We are talking about the horrible Oakland Raiders, the
    Minnesota Vikings, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Pittsburgh
    Pirates!

Now, let us address those teams that clearly send the wrong message to our children. The San Diego Chargers promote irresponsible fighting or even spending habits. Wrong message to our children.

The New York Giants and the San Francisco Giants promote obesity, a growing childhood epidemic. Wrong message to our children.

The Cincinnati Reds promote downers/barbiturates . Again, wrong message to our children.

The Milwaukee Brewers---well that goes without saying... . . another wrong message to our children.

As for the Pittsburgh Steelers... who knows how many young men and women were encouraged to embark on a career of crime.

So, there you go. We need to support any legislation that comes out to rectify this travesty, because the government will likely become involved with this issue, as they should. Just the kind of thing the do-nothing congress loves.

As a diehard Oregon State fan, my wife and I, with all of this in mind, it might also make some sense to change the name of the Oregon State women's athletic teams to something other than "the Beavers."

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

This is ridiculous. If people feel offended they don't have to be fans. In America people are free to hate sports teams for whatever reason. Hating sports teams is the ultimate expression of free will. It's an American tradition. Let people decide if they want to support a team with the name "Redskins". Heck, I hate the Redskins. Not because of the name, but because they beat my Vikings in the 1982 divisional playoffs and went on to win the Superbowl.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This is ridiculous. If people feel offended they don't have to be fans. In America people are free to hate sports teams for whatever reason. Hating sports teams is the ultimate expression of free will. It's an American tradition. Let people decide if they want to support a team with the name "Redskins". Heck, I hate the Redskins. Not because of the name, but because they beat my Vikings in the 1982 divisional playoffs and went on to win the Superbowl.

ETA: I also agree with KLB that sports teams should build their own stadiums. Why should non-fans pay for something they don't participate in? Why is that a justifiable public expense?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    The Redskins don't need a new stadium. FedEx Field is less than 20 years old.

Hey politicians, please stay the hell away from my football team. They stink plenty without your help.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    In the re-reading of this thread, this post jumped out at me as darn near psychic.

... Did I predict Anti-fa!?

Am I the rain man...

giphy.gif

Top Bottom