• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I was only there twice: once for Advanced Flight School in 1971/72 and again for WO Staff Course in 2004. Unlike many of my contemporaries, I never went back for aircraft transitions or schools except for 2004. However, the post was certainly a far cry from the way I remembered it in '72. But then there was a big paradigm shift in the Army culture between '72 and 2004.

It changed a lot after Army Aviation was based there. And as a kid, I loved seeing the air assault guys going through their drills. I may or may not have gotten into trouble a few times for sneaking onto airfields to play in the hueys. Security was real lax back in the day... open post, no razor wire on fences.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Confession: whenever I'm at an event where the pledge is said and/or the Star Spangled Banner is played,I have to wipe my eyes hopefully without being caught. Though my ancestors came from Europe I never could see all the hoopola about being Irish or whatever. I do love Guinness and Polish sausage however. Point being, to my soul I am an American. Can't see the draft dodging phony Clinton who is on record as saying he "loathed the military" sharing those feelings.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So clearly you think we're going the wrong direction...... I agree.

Bush I, showed me how dumb the American electorate is. He oversaw the fall of the Soviet Union, beat back Hussein, kept a competent military, and was still chased out of office. Had he been re-elected, he would have gotten credit for the economy that was just starting an upswing when Clinton took office, and would have gone down as one of the best presidents of all time. But that stupid "read my lips" quip cooked his goose. Sure it was dumb, but sometimes presidents are put in positions where they can't deliver on their promises. I never r a ally, faulted him for that.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Confession: whenever I'm at an event where the pledge is said and/or the Star Spangled Banner is played,I have to wipe my eyes hopefully without being caught. Though my ancestors came from Europe I never could see all the hoopola about being Irish or whatever. I do love Guinness and Polish sausage however. Point being, to my soul I am an American. Can't see the draft dodging phony Clinton who is on record as saying he "loathed the military" sharing those feelings.

For the Star Spangled Banner to get me to get a lump in my throat, there needs to be specific circumstances and I gotta like the version being sung. Barr's version made me want to barf.... oh, and Carl Lewis. The best version I ever heard, ironically, was sung by a crackhead.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Which of the prospective candidates are veterans? I don't care if they have family or friends who served, blah, blah, blah. If THEY have not served, I don't care how much they "love their country," the service members MOST LIKELY will still be seen as pawns, regardless of their political party affiliation.

Everything I know about how to answer that can be found here.

PresidentUniform.png

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Bush I, showed me how dumb the American electorate is. He oversaw the fall of the Soviet Union, beat back Hussein, kept a competent military, and was still chased out of office. Had he been re-elected, he would have gotten credit for the economy that was just starting an upswing when Clinton took office, and would have gone down as one of the best presidents of all time. But that stupid "read my lips" quip cooked his goose. Sure it was dumb, but sometimes presidents are put in positions where they can't deliver on their promises. I never r a ally, faulted him for that.
    I agree with you about Bush 1. Americans want to be charmed with authenticity, the vision thing, and Charisma. Bush may have been one of the best prepared candidates for the job. Besides, he flew a torpedo bomber and survived being shot down over Chichi Jima.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I loved and still love President George HW Bush. Had the pleasure of meeting him I'm 3rd grade when he came to indianapolis. It was the most awesome thing ever. I was hooked on politics ever since. I know someone who is close friends with him and also his son and I've never heard a bad word spoken about either. Sure we are all human with faults but how your circle thinks of you is a telltale sign of a person I think. It was also an honor to meet W later in my life. No I didn't agree with everything he did, but you can't please everyone, and I truly believe he thought he did the right an legal thing.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I want an all American kinda guy to be president. Yeah I said guy. Sorry ladies.
    I know my idea of that is different than others. The hippies grew up and ****ed this country. Now their kids are ****ing it.
    que I agree that a veteran is the best presidential candidate

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    I admit that I have watched Obama put an MOH on a hero's neck and wished it was someone else doing it.

nothing to do with race, everything to do with respect

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I'm not at all sure how that answers my question. Which of these people are or may run for President in 2016?
    I want an all American kinda guy to be president. Yeah I said guy. Sorry ladies. I know my idea of that is different than others. The hippies grew up and ****ed this country. Now their kids are ****ing it. que I agree that a veteran is the best presidential candidate
    Since the end of the Draft (which would have affected GW Bush and Clinton), the odds have become less likely that we would see a "military veteran" option in Presidential politics. For one thing, I think only about 3% of Americans under the age of 50 have served in the military at all, much less developed the characteristics that we seem to want in a potential C-in-C. And certainly military service in itself doesn't guarantee competence as a C-in-C, as shown by Johnson, Nixon, and Carter in their turn. What we CAN hope for, and expect, is that the C-in-C will not lightly commit us to combat; will support us to the greatest extent possible through diplomacy, logistics, and advocacy; and will properly respect the inevitable casualties brought about by his strategic vision and orders to his subordinate commanders.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Since the end of the Draft (which would have affected GW Bush and Clinton), the odds have become less likely that we would see a "military veteran" option in Presidential politics. For one thing, I think only about 3% of Americans under the age of 50 have served in the military at all, much less developed the characteristics that we seem to want in a potential C-in-C. And certainly military service in itself doesn't guarantee competence as a C-in-C, as shown by Johnson, Nixon, and Carter in their turn. What we CAN hope for, and expect, is that the C-in-C will not lightly commit us to combat; will support us to the greatest extent possible through diplomacy, logistics, and advocacy; and will properly respect the inevitable casualties brought about by his strategic vision and orders to his subordinate commanders.

Well said!

DodgebyDave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008

There is only one man qualified to be President today in our times. Allen West.

[video=youtube;TkGQmCZjJ0k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkGQmCZjJ0k[/video]

[video=youtube;pdSnJOfAnq0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdSnJOfAnq0[/video]

If Wests name isn't on the ballot I'll show up and vote against Andre the Grandson, Donnelly and the RINO to be named to replace Coats and leave the rest blank. America can make it's choice.

Consent of the governed. Consent withdrawn.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    I can think of a number of reasons not to vote for West, and his crappy haircut isn't even one of them.
    Doesn't he have a gap?

I can't vote for him, no matter what his positions, cause he has a gap.
    jeez, can't the GOP find the perfect candidate.
    West has a gap
    Rubio sweats
    Jeb wears glasses
    Cruz has a long nose

totally unqualified

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    I would prefer Colin Powell over anyone, but I know that's not going to happen.

I think Powell had a chance.

if he had run against Clinton in '96 instead of the old coot whose turn it was.

even if Dole had picked him for VP it may have been very different.

Top Bottom