• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Whenever he appears with a group of military I wonder if they are being coerced into being there. Frankly sometimes it doesn't appear so when I see big smiles and hearty handshakes.

Whatever anyone thinks of Bush, and I wasn't happy with some of what he did, he is an honorable man.

Don't you worry, there are plenty of "liberals" in the Military.....

I was at Atterbury, and some D politician, was going to speak, and they came thru the Barracks, asking

for volunteers, for photo op..... I can't say here what I said, but one of the other Soldiers,

Said, tell us how you really feel.....

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Don't you worry, there are plenty of "liberals" in the Military.....

I was at Atterbury, and some D politician, was going to speak, and they came thru the Barracks, asking

for volunteers, for photo op..... I can't say here what I said, but one of the other Soldiers,

Said, tell us how you really feel.....

I've run across a few who expressed liberal political opinions, but the most annoying one of those may have just been pulling my chain, since he seemed to like doing that to everyone.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Primarily because he's a Democrat in Republican clothing. And it's not even a very good disguise.

I am not sure if three people on this site can agree on any one person being a true Conservative Republican, but I would bet a group of 15 would agree that Hilary Clinton is a Libral Democrat. I believe he would be the best offering for the Republican Party, but it's s moot point.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I am not sure if three people on this site can agree on any one person being a true Conservative Republican, but I would bet a group of 15 would agree that Hilary Clinton is a Libral Democrat. I believe he would be the best offering for the Republican Party, but it's s moot point.

Powell showed his true colors when he endorsed Obama for Pres in 2008. He's not a dummy and he had all the information available to him about Obama's true nature that _I_ did, and I knew back in 2008 that Obama's agenda wasn't what he promised the nation.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I have to honor Bush 1 for his service during World War Two, and what he did do for the country, but he made me sick and lost me when he demanded that ATF follow the sporting purpose clause of the unconstitutional 1968 GCA, declaring his distaste for "evil looking weapons". A republican second amendment hater.

As for his no new taxes, I saw how he was fooled into it by a very good group of democrats, but still...

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Colin Powell did give thought to running. However, Powell specifically stated he didn't want to put his family through the grind mill. The lives of everyone in the immediate (and perhaps extended) family become an open book. And whether the digging turns up anything or not, the 'info seekers' will bash everyone in the family of the 'UNchosen Candidate'. Palin is proof enough of that.

I would disagree, vehemently and wholeheartedly, that "all Presidents love this country". Some do, others do not, and others only love what they think they'll be able to change about it, for their own agenda.

As for Bush 41 and Bush 43, the military and Secret Service folks from which I've heard have always stated that both were respectful and respected and truly appeared to appreciate the job being done by those agencies. That has not been true of either Billary or the Liar-In-Chief, treating both (particularly the latter) as personal slaves or servants to be trodden on at convenience.

With the current one, there has been no indication that he likes any particular aspect of the U.S.A. Not the military, not the politics, not the political system, not the citizens in it. At every turn, it appears his strong desire is to turn it into another third-world country. This appears to pre-date his election to the highest office in the land. And his 'community activism' and previous voting record confirm that.

By his rhetoric, he often appears extremely angry that he was not, in fact, declared "King". His constant and consistent actions over the years confirm that, as well.

Last edited:

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Colin Powell...goodness gracious!

Nice%20Cast_zpstx4xmlvx.jpg

...y'all do realize you're being trolled, right?

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    I was a big Colin Powell fan until he supported Obama. Guess I'm naive seeing a self made man of honor roll over to a marxist.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I was a big Colin Powell fan until he supported Obama. Guess I'm naive seeing a self made man of honor roll over to a marxist.

I'm not sure if that endorsement was about turning a symbolic corner, a revelation of internal character, or a revelation of personal ideology.
    Maybe some of all the above.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I'm not sure if that endorsement was about turning a symbolic corner, a revelation of internal character, or a revelation of personal ideology.
    Maybe some of all the above.

Eh. Is this really the first time we've seen a liberal big spender who supports the military? Why is this so hard for white right-wingers to figure out? (not singling you out, Jamil). He maintained loyalty to his Republican benefactors while it benefited his career to do so. I've never understood why white republicans see a person with a bunch of medals on their chest, and assume they're "one of us," politically-speaking. He probably even has a gun or two in his closet. Means little. The military has been a step up for many, many people in life. Once Powell was out, the pension was in-hand and the fruit salad came off, we got the real deal.

The fact he was able to troll so many republicans for so long, is amazing. (PS - does he have a position on the 2nd Amendment?)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I've viewed Powel as a pragmatist. He gained my respect through the 90s and lost it through the 2000s.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Mr. Powell evidently didn't find the philosophical gap between Bush and Obama too overwhelming. On that we agree.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Colin Powell...goodness gracious!

Nice%20Cast_zpstx4xmlvx.jpg

...y'all do realize you're being trolled, right?

Eh. Is this really the first time we've seen a liberal big spender who supports the military? Why is this so hard for white right-wingers to figure out? (not singling you out, Jamil). He maintained loyalty to his Republican benefactors while it benefited his career to do so. I've never understood why white republicans see a person with a bunch of medals on their chest, and assume they're "one of us," politically-speaking. He probably even has a gun or two in his closet. Means little. The military has been a step up for many, many people in life. Once Powell was out, the pension was in-hand and the fruit salad came off, we got the real deal.

The fact he was able to troll so many republicans for so long, is amazing. (PS - does he have a position on the 2nd Amendment?)

You guys do realize you are being trolled, right? Don't fall for the race-bait!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Mr. Powell evidently didn't find the philosophical gap between Bush and Obama too overwhelming. On that we agree.

I think Powell was disillusioned by the 1st term Bush siding with Cheney rather than him. Ideologically, Powell is probably closer to Dick Luger's pragmatic centrist philosophy than Obama's more radical progressive philosophy. I strongly suspect that Powell's endorsement of Obama was more about turning a symbolic page than an endorsement of Obama's political philosophy.

I know that where you're coming from there is no effective difference. But that's just a matter of ideological standing. In the real world where life goes on, I am not inaccurate stating that there are overt and politically meaningful ideological differences between Bush and Obama. No doubt Powell's pragmatic centrist ideology fits somewhere between.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I think Powell was disillusioned by the 1st term Bush siding with Cheney rather than him. Ideologically, Powell is probably closer to Dick Luger's pragmatic centrist philosophy than Obama's more radical progressive philosophy. I strongly suspect that Powell's endorsement of Obama was more about turning a symbolic page than an endorsement of Obama's political philosophy.

I know that where you're coming from there is no effective difference. But that's just a matter of ideological standing. In the real world where life goes on, I am not inaccurate stating that there are overt and politically meaningful ideological differences between Bush and Obama. No doubt Powell's pragmatic centrist ideology fits somewhere between.

Obama and Bush have been very near each other on all substantive issues. If Obama is radical, then Bush is radical.

Or, more accurately, neither are radical. They are both status quo presidents. They have both superintended over the USA on its already-FUBAR downhill trajectory. There has been no radical change in governing philosophy. Nobody who is paying attention should be surprised at the direction things are heading.

The status quo is debt, globalism, surveillance, centralized government, warfare, welfare, corporate bailouts, and diminished civil liberties. They've both delivered. Tell me I'm wrong.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Hard to tell what a Bush 43 presidency would have looked like absent the events of 9/11/2001. The whole "Homeland Security" thing disappointed me, but I suppose it wouldn't have been politically expedient to "round up and intern" all the potential "enemy sympathizers" ala WWII after 12/7/1941, so they had to try something else. And nobody in government (or in general, apparently) seems to understand the "Law of Unintended Consequences."

Top Bottom