• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    You guys do realize you are being trolled, right? Don't fall for the race-bait!

Whoops! Uh, um...sorry man. I'll take my minnow bucket and move farther down the river bank. Hope I didn't scare them away for you...

...They are both status quo presidents. They have both superintended over the USA on its already-FUBAR downhill trajectory... The status quo is debt, globalism, surveillance, centralized government, warfare, welfare, corporate bailouts, and diminished civil liberties. They've both delivered. Tell me I'm wrong.

I can't say you're wrong.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Hard to tell what a Bush 43 presidency would have looked like absent the events of 9/11/2001. The whole "Homeland Security" thing disappointed me, but I suppose it wouldn't have been politically expedient to "round up and intern" all the potential "enemy sympathizers" ala WWII after 12/7/1941, so they had to try something else. And nobody in government (or in general, apparently) seems to understand the "Law of Unintended Consequences."

Bush was wholeheartedly in favor of a gigantic federal government, even without the national security laws.

There was the $700 Billion TARP bailout, the No Child Left Behind Act (which doubled the size of the Department of Education), the creation of Medicare Part D (which now amounts to untold trillions in unfunded taxpayer liabilities), increased food stamp subsidies, subsidies for alternative energy, subsidies for corporate farmers, subsidies for "green jobs", subsidies for academia, subsidies for "hopeful homebuyers", economic stimulus package, subsidies for subprime mortgages, et cetera, et cetera.

And this is why President Obama was been no radical reformer. He was practically a political clone.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Bush was SCUM and so is the present idiot in charge. He loved to get our troops killed for NO reason.
    Is that what you actually think? You think he secretly celebrated every soldiers death? I don't think highly of him either but c'mon man. Have some intellectual honesty.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Is that what you actually think? You think he secretly celebrated every soldiers death? I don't think highly of him either but c'mon man. Have some intellectual honesty.

You know how this works, Jamil. The unions have to start 2 years ahead of time, setting up their narrative for how they're going to ask their members to vote for Hillary Clinton. Bush = scum. Jeb Bush = Bush. Therefore, Jeb Bush = scum. Ergo...vote for Hillary.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    You know how this works, Jamil. The unions have to start 2 years ahead of time, setting up their narrative for how they're going to ask their members to vote for Hillary Clinton. Bush = scum. Jeb Bush = Bush. Therefore, Jeb Bush = scum. Ergo...vote for Hillary.

Unionized employees in both the private and public sector make up 4% of the population. They sure seem to have a ton of pull in elections per the Republicans, though. Ruining the economy, throwing elections to the Dems, chasing our jobs overseas, is there anything the unions can't be blamed for?

Just for fun, pull up the stats on the average age, sex, and race of a union employee. Now pull up the exit polls for Obama elections by age, sex, and race. Compare.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Unionized employees in both the private and public sector make up 4% of the population. They sure seem to have a ton of pull in elections per the Republicans, though. Ruining the economy, throwing elections to the Dems, chasing our jobs overseas, is there anything the unions can't be blamed for?

Just for fun, pull up the stats on the average age, sex, and race of a union employee. Now pull up the exit polls for Obama elections by age, sex, and race. Compare.

Part of the reason _why_ unions are down to single-digit levels, is because they've been so successful in helping drive factory jobs abroad. Look at the ugly hulk of what remains of the GM stamping plant in Indy, for a prime example. They could not accept that the world had changed. They were willing to see it go away, as long as the old members and union brass could work a "deal" for themselves. They probably thought the company was bluffing. So, there it sits. (When is a "solar panel plant" scheduled to go up there? Notime.).

I didn't predict the unions will be instrumental in throwing the election, because as I've already said, I think Hillary has it in the bag (no pun intended). I just predicted what the Unions will say...because somehow, you know they have to support Hillary. And with a Bush in the race, there will be no original thought expended.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I want an all American kinda guy to be president. Yeah I said guy. Sorry ladies.
    I know my idea of that is different than others. The hippies grew up and ****ed this country. Now their kids are ****ing it.
    que I agree that a veteran is the best presidential candidate

I believe a veteran is the best candidate for Sec. of Defense, but not president. Or at least they are just as capable as anybody else. A free society should always, be wary of those they choose to protect and defend them.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    I am a union member, but not by choice, nearly everyone I work with is a gun owning vet.
    Many have service connected disabilities, some retired.

no one I know of votes Democrook.
    all the union rhetoric goes in the round file

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Bush was SCUM and so is the present idiot in charge. He loved to get our troops killed for NO reason.

I'm curious about your rationale re: GW Bush in this context; especially in light of recent revelations of Dana Perigno (and for which I had my own confirmation thru military sources). From my POV, Bush told us exactly what we were getting into after 9/11/2001 (" . . . a generational conflict . . ."). He had a strategy and carried it through the remainder of his Presidency. That the country chose a leader who intended to abandon the conflict without attaining either a peaceful solution or a victory, is not Bush's fault.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm curious about your rationale re: GW Bush in this context; especially in light of recent revelations of Dana Perigno (and for which I had my own confirmation thru military sources). From my POV, Bush told us exactly what we were getting into after 9/11/2001 (" . . . a generational conflict . . ."). He had a strategy and carried it through the remainder of his Presidency. That the country chose a leader who intended to abandon the conflict without attaining either a peaceful solution or a victory, is not Bush's fault.

Bush might have told us what we were getting into, but he wasn't very specific. I know I figured Afghanistan had it coming, but Iraq was a debacle. Had HW gone ahead and invaded Iraq, I would have been ok with it, but Dubya should have not gone in. It was, obvious that administration thought it had a score to settle with Hussein.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Bush may not have been the greatest POTUS, but I do believe he loved his country.

On the other hand, Obama is the worst POTUS of my lifetime and probably in the history of our nation. It is clear that he hates this country and has not a shred of love either for this country or its people. He is a total disgrace.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem

Your 4% number is comparing apples to oranges I suspect. A more fair number would be percentage of households with a union member breadwinner.

Here's a whole bunch of better numbers from the gubbamint....
    Union Members Summary

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Bush may not have been the greatest POTUS, but I do believe he loved his country.

On the other hand, Obama is the worst POTUS of my lifetime and probably in the history of our nation. It is clear that he hates this country and has not a shred of love either for this country or its people. He is a total disgrace.

Obama most certainly isn't the worst president the nation as ever had. Nothing he's done is even slightly compared to the creation of the fed, income tax, prohibition, japanese internment, trail of tears, Iran contra, watergate....

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Just for fun, pull up the stats on donations. That tiny little micro-pecker % sized group donates a sheeeeeh*t TON of cash to democrats. And they do a lot more to help their mutual benefactors than just vote. It is at least naive to suggest unions don't have a significant impact on who wins elections, still.

Nah, you're prolly right. Unions are so impotent I'll bet the Democrats are planning right now to stop wooing them this very election cycle.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Obama most certainly isn't the worst president the nation as ever had. Nothing he's done is even slightly compared to the creation of the fed, income tax, prohibition, japanese internment, trail of tears, Iran contra, watergate....

I dunno. I think the transformation of the regulatory authority into a fourth branch of government should be pretty high on the list. He didn't start it but he sure perfected it.

Top Bottom