• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    History will not be kind to Obama. He is anti American, pure and simple. Can't even pronounce Marine Corps. properly. Thinks we have 57 states. And Kut, how about "if you like your Dr., you can keep your Dr.? I'd suggest that's on the level of Watergate. Where do you go with a guy like that? I will concede, that is Hillary gets in she will be at least as bad/incompetent as he is.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    History will not be kind to Obama. He is anti American, pure and simple. Can't even pronounce Marine Corps. properly. Thinks we have 57 states. And Kut, how about "if you like your Dr., you can keep your Dr.? I'd suggest that's on the level of Watergate. Where do you go with a guy like that? I will concede, that is Hillary gets in she will be at least as bad/incompetent as he is.

Obama's "doctor" quip is as bad as an organized effort to conceal a politically motivated burglary? Selling weapons to the Iranians? Forcibly removing Native Americans/Japanese? Supporting the rise of organized crime? Stealing money from American's paychecks?

Kut (mind blown)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I dunno. I think the transformation of the regulatory authority into a fourth branch of government should be pretty high on the list. He didn't start it but he sure perfected it.

Im not, nor have I EVER said, that Obama is a good president. But to cal him the worst, one would have to be ignorant of our nation's history, or willfully blind.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Obama's "doctor" quip is as bad as an organized effort to conceal a politically motivated burglary? Selling weapons to the Iranians? Forcibly removing Native Americans/Japanese? Supporting the rise of organized crime? Stealing money from American's paychecks?

Kut (mind blown)

Watergate was Nixon lying, the Dr. thing from Obama was lying. Any difference? Do we want/need a POTUS to lie to us?

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    What was so successful at driving non-union factory jobs abroad?

If you're asserting some kind of premise that union and non-union factory jobs have been about equally affected by outsourcing, well, it just doesn't ring true in my industry. I'll stick to the sector I know, but in automotive, there has been a very noticeable trend of those factory jobs moving south to non-union environments. If you're a $14/hour-plus-benefits forklift driver in an American/Japanese parts plant, you probably still have your job, even after all this unpleasantness. If you were one of the $65/hour-including-benefits forklift drivers in a union parts plant, you probably don't (or are living on borrowed time). Everybody has plants in Mexico since NAFTA, but the Japanese have added net jobs in the US; the Big 3 have gone the other way.

For reasons of quality and product reliability, the market share loss to the Japanese was already well underway before the Free-Trade-Deal craze got started. But the point is, the Japanese transplants have proven that you can make these things in America, and make a profit and be sustainable - if your workforce doesn't have their heels dug into a 1950's mentality and remain ignorant of the world around them.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

Kut (mind blown)

Wasn't a "quip" Kut. He said it something like 27 times in the campaign to get the law passed, and subsequent events show he _knew_ he was lying when he said it.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008

Kut (mind blown)
    selling weapons is something the U.S. does all the time, lots of ways around congresses sanctions (just ask O)
    American Indians and Japanese....ok, but the Japanese were released and eventually compensated. Manifest Destiny is not a favorite to my family
    But organized crime?
    paychecks? You mean taxes right?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    selling weapons is something the U.S. does all the time, lots of ways around congresses sanctions (just ask O)
    American Indians and Japanese....ok, but the Japanese were released and eventually compensated. Manifest Destiny is not a favorite to my family
    But organized crime?
    paychecks? You mean taxes right?

The rise of powerful and influential organized crime became because of what law?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The rise of powerful and influential organized crime became because of what law?

Oh pick me!
    question-smile-raised-hand.gif

Prohibition makes organized crime powerful and lucrative.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Organized crime started looooooooong before prohibition

Obviously, but we're talking within the parameters of our nation's history, and the flashpoint at which organized crime became the most influential and powerful.

Top Bottom