Chicago Trip + Firearms Carry Possibilities?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    I'm pretty sure LEOs are exempt from the law in states where the average citizen is limited to 10 or 15 rounds mags.

That shows the hypocrisy of the law makers. :rolleyes:

1463081386899.jpg

^^^^^^^^

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Mag restrictions? Know nuthin bout those. I carried my G19 everywhere I went in Chitown a few months ago. Back in 2005 I carried in the Sears Tower with CPD's blessing.

I was told when I started LEOSA covered me but I had to follow the local Mag restrictions. Ill re read LEOSA to check that.

Very well could be old info.

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Just read up on it some more it appears the Magazine restriction was lifted in the 2010 amendment, I'm sure I was given old info then, the guy has been on the job for a few minutes and probably didn't know about the amendment.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Where does it say that?

Chicago City Council Passes Assault Weapons Ban | NBC Chicago

This was from a quick google search I know I based my decision to not go over 15 based on more than this news article but I don't remember the specific place that I got my information. There are a bunch of threads regarding mag limits in cook county and chicago on IllinoisCarry but most of them are *****fests with no resolution.

I just came upon this article which has me now questioning mags over 10 rounds TRIGGER WISE ... SMART HANDGUN INFORMATION, ADVICE, RESOURCES: LARGE CAPACITY MAGAZINE BANS - COOK COUNTY AND CHICAGO ILLINOIS I am going to have to do more research when time allows.

I work in Chicago so this is a very important topic for me

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    So as a nonresident, are we even allowed to DRIVE pass Chicago with our "high capacity" magazines in our cars?

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Because I checked the nonresident conceal carry inside car law and it doesn't state that your mag capacity or even your firearm has to be the same allowed by Illinois or Chicago. How does that work?

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    Why all the Chicago bashing and paranoia on here? Thousands upon thousands of people visit there every day. It's a very safe place to visit if you use common sense, maintain situational awareness, travel with others, and avoid places that you probably wouldn't consider going to anyway.

And if the OP does choose to violate the law and carry in Chicago and gets caught, he's left a ton of evidence against him here in this thread.

FWIW,
    i spend quite a bit of my work day driving/working in chicago and the surrounding south/ west suburbs.
    the south side of the city isnt someplace you really want to be wandering around "sightseeing". i time my work schedule so i arrive at my destination after the sun is up, and if it starts to get dark, i pack up and leave.
    the only building i may be in is under demolition, most of the time i'm outside in plain view.
    i keep my head "on a swivel" watching and listening for ANYTHING that seems out of the ordinary, even while working.
    many of the far south burbs are just as bad or worse than the south side of the city.
    i grew up on the far south of cook county, it was cornfield country back then. i passed through the town i grew up in on my way to another jobsite, heard what i thought were gunshots, within a couple minute i was pretty sure they were gunshots, more than one squad car heading in that direction.

:cheers:

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Take a cane for that high school knee injury that's acting up. Personally, I'd rather have a 36" club than a 2" knife. YMMV.

You'll also want some coins for soda machines and the like. Perhaps a handy leather coin purse and key ring: Foster Coin Sap

"Your honor, this jackwagon stabby-stabbed my innocent banger/robber of a client."

"Your honor, this jackwagon struck my mope of a client with a coin purse"

Which do you like the ring of better?

A few INGOers have seen my coin purse and have given themselves a gentle whack with it. They have not repeated the experiment.

I recently received my attractive coin purse from mean gene leather. It holds several coins and loops around the belt. I call it my "act right" to remind me that I should act right and pay the meter and not act WRONG and park illegally.
    Mean Gene Leather -*Hot Tamale - Soldier Systems Daily

[video=youtube_share;rP45s4xrobo]http://youtu.be/rP45s4xrobo[/video]

Last edited:
    Top Bottom