China Is Coming For America’s Farms And Food…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    And no one seems to have a problem that China uses those printed dollar bills to buy debt issued by th
    That's a pretty binary way to think. There is nothing isolationist about being neutral and protecting one's self rather than being activist and creating problems, imagined enemies, and hobgoblins that must always be fought against and for no good reason.

Sure those corporations helped win the war, but those same corporations helped create the war. The US had no reason to fight in Europe. The Germans didn't attack Pearl Harbor.

The Japanese did but they did so because of what the USA was doing to them. We forced into the to war, but I guess that doesn't matter. We get to set the rules, change the rules and send millions of American's to die to protect........ I'm still trying to figure that out!

Are we protecting our right to impose on other countries, or are we protecting our right to self determinations while preventing it for others? You can try to say this or that would have happened but you have no actual idea what would have happened. If the USA had not forced Japan into war, the entire world today might just be a much much better place. No one knows.
    The prediction of the fall of the Soviet Union by using 20/20 hindsight is hilarious. The thought that our not getting involved in defeating the Nazi empire and Japanese empire would have been a good step, is isolationism at its worst. I'll reiterate. Some things are worth defending, in my view. Others have a view that nothing is worth defending.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Probably gonna **** some people off here but government farm payments are ********. Go to an agricultural land auction and watch guys in bib overalls toss around hundreds of thousands of dollars like they're tossing pennies into a wishing well. Maybe they're proxy bidders for the Chinese but I doubt it. As with most things, what started out as an actual need has become a grossly abused government program which has become quite lucrative for those who know how to work the system.
    Haha not proxy bidders. They seem to actually have the money.
    And as far as payments, of course sone will have the same greedy corporate capitalist mentality just like across any other spectrum, but most I know would rather not have the payments and have lower associated costs. At this point that’s a fairy tale, won’t happen until everyone is poking a hole in the ground with a stick dropping a seed and hoping for enough to get through winter.

Flash-hider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    Haha not proxy bidders. They seem to actually have the money.
    And as far as payments, of course sone will have the same greedy corporate capitalist mentality just like across any other spectrum, but most I know would rather not have the payments and have lower associated costs. At this point that’s a fairy tale, won’t happen until everyone is poking a hole in the ground with a stick dropping a seed and hoping for enough to get through winter.
    There are individual who will bankroll a farmer. They want to put their money someplace to get a better return on investment, a higher interest rate than they can get at a bank. They don't necessarily want to own the land just have a better place to make their money work.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    There are individual who will bankroll a farmer. They want to put their money someplace to get a better return on investment, a higher interest rate than they can get at a bank. They don't necessarily want to own the land just have a better place to make their money work
    Well of course, there are investors and partnerships of all sizes and shapes out here, most I’m familiar with do directly want to own the land as that’s where the capital can make a return with security, as opposed to generally bankroll a farmer. None of that investment has anything do with China, unless you want to count how much everyone’s investment funds on Wall St have increased because we buy junky plastic with dollars.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    So, how are the Chinese going to get the food from the farm here in the US, all the way to China.
    Same way they do now???
    All the way to China is less than you think, happens all the time.
    The real issue is the control issue. The products go somewhere based more or less on market dynamics right now, if China vertically integrates with physical locations here they are in control, not the market.

Reactions: Leo

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Oh, so there’s only a supply chain disruption coming into the US, not going out?

I know, smart ass questions. But seriously, I’m assuming outbound goods are just as disrupted as inbound.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Oh, so there’s only a supply chain disruption coming into the US, not going out?

I know, smart ass questions. But seriously, I’m assuming outbound goods are just as disrupted as inbound.
    I believe that’s correct.

Less disruption for food and commodities is my inderstanding. I think if we can sell them something we won’t miss out on that. JMO.

Container carriers are, or were, returning to China “EMPTY” because it’s more profitable to turn tricks faster than to wait to get loaded, covered around here somewhere. Part of the port problem, that empty containers are plugging up the works that should be going back.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I believe that’s correct.

Less disruption for food and commodities is my inderstanding. I think if we can sell them something we won’t miss out on that. JMO.

Container carriers are, or were, returning to China “EMPTY” because it’s more profitable to turn tricks faster than to wait to get loaded, covered around here somewhere. Part of the port problem, that empty containers are plugging up the works that should be going back.
    Yep, laborers who work for the state are cheap. Communist Chinese laborers are plentiful and there are no unions to contend with. State owned ships don't have to meet safety standards and don't have to turn much of a profit to stay on the high seas, running back and forth.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Do not forget that the crew members of red chinese ships can be and often are military members. The WTO openly admits that they lose track of a lot of chinese sailors, who never get back on the boat. They really only inspect a couple percent of what is shipped. Just by dumb luck they occasionally stumble on a cache of weapons or spy technology. What slipped through? Since the chinese have far more fear of their government than love for capitalism, we would do well to be concerned about their motivations.

Last edited:

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Red Cell moment:

What if any number of those Chinese ships off the west coast who have been in a holding pattern for months now have been retrofitted with EMP technology, nukes, ballistic missiles and/or troops?

You know, instead of Nikes or cheap plastic toys. Seems to me that a massive backlog allowing dozens of ships to mass and anchor just offshore could provide an excellent opportunity to such an inclined enemy. Couple a west coast attack from say, 10 ships along with a national DDOS cyberattack and the shutdown of power grids would make for an excellent first strike.

Lmo1131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2020
    east of the Pacific
    Now it's China's turn... ?

UPDATED16:47, 12 FEB 2023
    China scrambles fighter jets to shoot down 'unidentified object' in its airspace

Now Chinese state newspaper The Global Times has reported a similar object over the major port in eastern Shandong Province.

According to the Daily Mail an employee of the marine development authority of the city's Jimo district said authorities are preparing to shoot the unidentified object down.

Fishermen in the area have been warned to watch out for falling débris.

Top Bottom