• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I think it's important to have a good feedback record that members can access. I ALWAYS check feedback for the person I'm dealing with, along with their post history. (Another subject, but there are members I just wouldn't trade with due to their disagreeable postings.)

To be clear about my earlier statement, the other member and myself had many transactions of feedback. There was not a need to further establish ourselves as good to deal with.

After that time, I use the practice of giving feed back whenever it is given first.
    I believe on the new forum, you can give feedback, but the providing the link to the specific item is optional (whereas if I recall correctly it was required on the old forum). Might be a happy medium for some that don't want a direct link to the item recorded, but might want to receive/provide feedback.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I believe on the new forum, you can give feedback, but the providing the link to the specific item is optional (whereas if I recall correctly it was required on the old forum). Might be a happy medium for some that don't want a direct link to the item recorded, but might want to receive/provide feedback.
    I just tried to give Greg feedback and it required a trade thread. Could be just me being inept? :dunno:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I just tried to give Greg feedback and it required a trade thread. Could be just me being inept? :dunno:
    Ok, interesting. Wonder if it was changed to be enforced. I always ad the deal thread personally, but thought I had seen some without and that it was marked optional.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I'm curious about the "likes" in the classifieds adds. I don't get it. Wonder if someone can explain?
    I haven't liked any classified ads here, but I have on Facebook. Basically what I mean by it is, I may not have a need for the item, but I think it's a good deal. Conversely, I'll do an angry emoji if I know it's a ripoff. Just a way of informing prospective buyers. But that's just me. Not sure why others do it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I haven't liked any classified ads here, but I have on Facebook. Basically what I mean by it is, I may not have a need for the item, but I think it's a good deal. Conversely, I'll do an angry emoji if I know it's a ripoff. Just a way of informing prospective buyers. But that's just me. Not sure why others do it.
    Thanks for your two cents!

I'm just wondering if I need to solicit some likes to compete with other sellers in the classys?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have liked a couple of items in the classifieds. Something like a nice BHP or something that you don't see regularly. Nothing to do with what kind of a deal I think it is.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    6 INGO transactions so far and no complaints! Lots of good info in this thread too. My only complaint is not receiving rep for the transactions, I bought a gun and ammo in 2 separate transactions last month and haven't gotten rep for either. Full price, next day meet up, on time, etc. Gave them both rep, even messaged one of the guys and asked if he could rep me so others know I am good to go. I don't check profiles or anything so not sure if they have been back on since, but I would consider it common courtesy.
    I agree. I've had about a dozen transactions over the years, and I've never had a problem. Following up with rep IS just common courtesy. I always have done it. And mostly... the other participant's have done so. Kinda irksome when you don't get credit for a job well done.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I have liked a couple of items in the classifieds. Something like a nice BHP or something that you don't see regularly. Nothing to do with what kind of a deal I think it is.
    I'm certainly not knocking anyone liking or with likes. I'm just a little shocked that the forum allows the "like" function in the classifieds adds.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    6 INGO transactions so far and no complaints! Lots of good info in this thread too. My only complaint is not receiving rep for the transactions, I bought a gun and ammo in 2 separate transactions last month and haven't gotten rep for either. Full price, next day meet up, on time, etc. Gave them both rep, even messaged one of the guys and asked if he could rep me so others know I am good to go. I don't check profiles or anything so not sure if they have been back on since, but I would consider it common courtesy.

For the most part, buying, selling, and trading, have been good experiences for me on INGO. I feel like I am still new, always learning, and there have been a few things I will not repeat. I met a guy once, and was invited into his apartment for the gun purchase. I went. Didn't think too much about it at the time, but probably not the best move. Now I only meet in public spots. And as has been said, good communication is the key to a good meet and transaction. All my dealings have been very honest and I was happy with the deal, so I will keep it up.

This has been helpful. Thanks!
    For the most part, buying, selling, and trading, have been good experiences for me on INGO. I feel like I am still new, always learning, and there have been a few things I will not repeat. I met a guy once, and was invited into his apartment for the gun purchase. I went. Didn't think too much about it at the time, but probably not the best move. Now I only meet in public spots. And as has been said, good communication is the key to a good meet and transaction. All my dealings have been very honest and I was happy with the deal, so I will keep it up.

This has been helpful. Thanks!
    My "most stupid move" transaction was about 10 years ago. Seller and I agreed to meet halfway. 10:30 p.m. in the community park of a very small town. No problems of course. But we both had the same thought at the same time..... This looks like a drug deal, and what if the town marshal shows up. Not a conversation we wanted to have. We both hurried up and got out of town. Easy to chuckle about now. :)

Top Bottom