• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EnochRoot43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Anderson
    I would love to see Indiana vote into law some PRO gun laws. I thought I saw that they were going to try to make hunting, trapping and fishing our state constitutional right so it could never be taken away. I hope that's what I saw and would love to see more.

Indiana has had an excellent track record of pro-2A legistlature the past several years:) State preemption, a more liberal policy on where non-LTCH holders may possess handguns, and more.

braggracing

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Grant County
    I just sent another letter to Governor Pence asking him to support us and the Indiana Sheriffs Association Growing List of Sheriffs and State Sheriffs Associations Saying ‘NO’ to Obama Gun Control | CSPOA - Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association and push for legislation saying that Indiana will not comply with any new Federal Gun legislation. Would like to see some prison time for any officials that would try. Just wonder if he will stand quietly in the shadows or will he stand and fight. The more confidence these SOBs get the harder it will be to stop them

WWalker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    The proposal was amended to let Magpul (and others ? ) to continue to sell hi-cap mags. for out of state use. Magpul is sticking by their guns and said they will leave anyway if this becomes law. Getting ready to send Magpul an email applauding their decision and extend the Welcome mat to come to Indiana (except Bloomington) I hope everyone will also do this.

Colorado company threatens to leave state if gun bill passes | Fox News

Interesting but I wonder if people realize that all sorts of things can be manufactured in America, but can only be exported for use (since use but not production is criminal). Last time I looked e.g. DDT was still on the list, as well as melamine-tainted food products (remember the big scare about tainted milk in China about four years ago).

nsheepdog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Carmel, IN
    I am hopeful, but not holding my breath that Magpul will 'stick to their guns.' It would be neat if they moved to Indiana, but if I were to bet money on it, Magpul will remain where they are.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Moving even a small business based on gun industry profit margins is cost prohibitive.

A semi-custom maker like Les Baer can do it as his margins are higher and he sold a car from his collection.:D

Magpul is staying put. This nonsense about moving is simply an attempt to generate good will so people will buy their mags and not notice the price bumps.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Moving even a small business based on gun industry profit margins is cost prohibitive.

A semi-custom maker like Les Baer can do it as his margins are higher and he sold a car from his collection.:D

Magpul is staying put. This nonsense about moving is simply an attempt to generate good will so people will buy their mags and not notice the price bumps.

It will be interesting should this bill be enacted by CO. I don't know if Magpul is serious or not but should they decide to not follow through on their promise it'll go something like: "We, at Magpul, are committed to bringing our many, valuable customers, the highest quality firearms accessories at the lowest possible prices. After carefully examining the costs of moving we have determined that such an action would cost our valued customers...blah, blah, blah....Magpul supports the 2A and we are disappointed in the CO legislature...blah, blah, blah...We will work tirelessly to repeal this legislation...blah, blah, blah...Magpul has decided to take action and has formed (some sort of political action comittee/advocacy group) to prevent further erosion...blah, blah, blah...."

bw8755

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    South Bend
    There are still a lot of available warehouses, factory buildings left over from the RV downsizing a few years ago in Elkhart. They are a conservative council and and pro business and I'd bet they'd be eager to attract more manufacturing jobs.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I'm not sure if Magpul will move or not. While some other firearm companies haven't left anti-gun states, the ones I know actually produce something. From what I've read, Magpul doesn't actually produce anything outside of designs. The actual products are made by third party companies on contract. Clearly, Magpul could easily do this sort of design and drafting anywhere, as it is simple enough to e-mail schematics. However, the real question is will the employees of Magpul be read to leave? Magpul is in a suburb of a major city, located on the front range of the Rocky Mountains. It is a beautiful area, and I doubt that many of their employees, or even the owners, would be willing to part ways with that lifestyle. Unless the owner(s) of Magpul are lazy, do-nothing money at any costs types, they won't be coming to flat, boring Indiana. If they enjoy just being outdoors, and don't mind driving, it would be simple enough for them to move to Cheyenne, WY. However, you are trading a huge metro area for a very small one, which means limited choices in terms of places to eat and indoor things to do.

I doubt Magpul leaves at all. In fact, I think these companies that refuse to relocate are indicators of how the general population would react if we get nationwide bans on semi-auto, magazine feed rifles and high capacity magazines. Some will turn them in, others will hide them, others won't do anything, and if they get caught, so be it. Where will people go for their freedom to own ARs, AKs, high caps, etc.?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    :dunno:

However, the real question is will the employees of Magpul be read to leave?

Who cares, just hire new employees, least of Magpu's worries.

Unless the owner(s) of Magpul are lazy, do-nothing money at any costs types, they won't be coming to flat, boring Indiana.

Have you been to Erie, very flat, very boring. I am unaware how topography impacts the cost curve.

This is Erie, Colorado, which looks like downtown many places, Indiana.

Magpul is not leaving. Colt is not leaving. Smith & Wesson is not leaving. Remington is not leaving. Armalite, DSA, Rock River are not leaving.

They are all too big and run by committees. Les Baer is run by one strong-willed individual.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Moving the entire facility at one fell swoop could be problematic, like Soviet industry escaping the Nazi blitzkrieg. But if Magpul were to open a satellite manufacturing facility, and fulfill new contracts from that facility while phasing out the Colorado shop, with abatements and incentives, it could be a soft-landing in friendly territory.

With respect to the majors, what percentage of parts do they manufacture in said states? The auto industry has shifted assembly, no reason firearms manufacturers could not do it too, with a little help from the State government. The gun grabbers could buy the old facilities and run them as arsenals for local LE, who would by then be on a national no-sell list.

poisonspyder

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Durango

Thank you.

It's great you members want to help your state grow. I too want my newly moved to state to grow and have better laws and regulations too. It was stated before a few times, this is not law yet and if it does become law it is a stupid one I give you that.

I personally would not try to take a booming business from Indiana if such a Stupid law was proposed. I would do all I can to help my previous state or any other state fight it. If all else fails I would then take my efforts to finding the great business a home in my state. Please help me fight this with letters and emails at least till it passes then have your cake. Remember one nation under god, I feel as if I am fighting this battle alone. Every state for themselves I guess.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Possible but no way are they moving, just more happy talk to charge up the potential customer base.

If they are serious, they do not talk, they just do.

It was stated before a few times, this is not law yet and if it does become law it is a stupid one I give you that.

It is a moronic law. There will be serious political consequences for Colorado Democrats that will stir up a largely disspirited Colorado Republican party.

I would image the compliance rate being near zero.

As well, this was a prelim voice vote, but INGO is treating it as if the Gov. signed it. INGO needs schoolhouse rock.:D

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Right now they're just trying to block the nimrods in CO State govt. Even if they win this battle, the nimrods will be back.

Sounds like the hairy-chested, self-reliant Westerners need to fight back then.

Gun owners of Colorado made their own bed after the debacle after Columbine (oh, we have to make "reasonable compromise"). Like cancer, gun control only gets worse.

Attack and keep attacking. Only stop when ownership of an M16 is mandatory and pistols are sold in vending machines at airports.

Top Bottom