• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grogie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Wheeling Around Indy
    I grew up in CO, and it use to be a conservative state. But boy have things changed a lot since I was a youth, and just since I left 15 years ago. I was there last summer on vacation and couldn't believe all the dirty hippies all over the state. Slackers! There was a time the local police wouldn't put up with them, outside of maybe the People's Republic of Boulder.

What a sad state Colorado has become. :noway:

braggracing

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Grant County
    Yes offense, but the sooner the SHTF, the sooner the cities will burn themselves to the ground and the sooner we can get back to being free. I see it out here in the country all the time.We got new neighbors from the city. I have a backstop with a 4" thick 4'hx4'wx6'd wooden box in a 12'hx25'wx30'd dirt berm with a woods behind it and everytime we go out shooting they RUN to their house, it's even funnier when my buddy on the other side goes full auto with his AR's they jump in their van and leave. Nice enough people and I'm working on them but they should've stayed in the city or if you you're gonna come to the country don't try to change it to what you were running from in the first place. Said she was scared to come in my drive and knock on the door, didn't want to get shot! LMAO

Last edited:

mr ache sky

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    I don't understand why the legislators don't get it. The new laws don't affect the criminals obtaining these guns illegally, they affect the people that follow rules. Criminals will still obtain high capacity automatic weapons the same way they always have and responsible gun owners will pay the price.

Emotion has taken place of rational decision making in this country. We are screwed.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    I don't understand why the legislators don't get it. The new laws don't affect the criminals obtaining these guns illegally, they affect the people that follow rules. Criminals will still obtain high capacity automatic weapons the same way they always have and responsible gun owners will pay the price.

Emotion has taken place of rational decision making in this country. We are screwed.

...understand.. It is not about gun control. It is about CONTROL.

Ramiel

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    East side of Indy
    Posted on Magpul's Facebook page just minutes ago:

We're hearing some rumors that the Gov and the Dem caucus think we are bluffing. Just to clarify for them, then...we're not a political company. We dont play political games. We've made our position very clear, very publicly. We would not survive lying to our customer base, nor would we ever consider it. If you pass this, we will leave, and you will own it. We've already got plans in place to get PMAG manufacturing moved rapidly, and the rest of the company will follow. We will make sure to at least have a small remain-behind operation through the 2014 elections so that we can remind folks why we are gone.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

We're hearing some rumors that the Gov and the Dem caucus think we are bluffing. Just to clarify for them, then...we're not a political company. We dont play political games. We've made our position very clear, very publicly. We would not survive lying to our customer base, nor would we ever consider it. If you pass this, we will leave, and you will own it. We've already got plans in place to get PMAG manufacturing moved rapidly, and the rest of the company will follow. We will make sure to at least have a small remain-behind operation through the 2014 elections so that we can remind folks why we are gone.

Nice....

But I think they're understating their political astuteness, just a tad. :D

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

<Insert Kirk rebuttal> Things are looking favorable for Rhino if this bill passes. :yesway:

Last edited:

darrent

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Muncie, Indiana
    I think this is more reason why Indiana gun owners should push for a completely Indiana solution: guns, mags, and ammo made right here. I for one would purchase from Indiana manufactures before looking elsewhere. Think of it like the Israelis do - self-reliance.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    <Insert Kirk rebuttal> Things are looking favorable for rino if this bill passes. :yesway:

Rhino.

Not RINO. (I won't sully this post with it; look up your own picture of Dick Lugar.)

I am proud to call the Purple Pachyderm of INGO my friend.

I am happy that the latter (at least that one) is out of politics, hopefully permanently.

Blessings,
    Bill

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Think of it like the Israelis do - self-reliance.

The word you are thinking of is "autarky".

I think this is more reason why Indiana gun owners should push for a completely Indiana solution: guns, mags, and ammo made right here.

Push for?:dunno:

It only requires that someone take the risk and write the check. Nothing need be pushed for.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    IMHO Magpul has put themselves in a position, through several interviews with their CEO and other top management, that makes it imperative that they leave CO IF the bill is signed into Law. They know full well that the memories of the firearms owners in this country are long and without mercy for businesses that sell out to the gun grabbers.
    It took Ruger many years to shake the stigma of Bill Ruger Sr's supporting the '94 AWB because he managed to keep the Mini 14/30's off of the dreaded "Ban list" by giving his support to the bill.
    Even if the bill doesn't pass and get signed it serves as a notice to Magpul, and other firearms and after market products manufacturers, that they had better start looking for friendlier pastures to make their goods in before the wolves finish them off in the locations that they currently operate.
    :twocents:

Dang I was thinking along the same lines. They have been pretty vocal about what they might do if the law passes. It seems to me that once you do that you are compelled to do what you said you would do. At least in my mind.

Would not it be kinda cool if an Indiana Gun site (INGO) had a massive membership writing and calling campaign and was successful in getting a major player in the shooting industry to move here? Perhaps wishful thinking but still neat IMO.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    Dang I was thinking along the same lines. They have been pretty vocal about what they might do if the law passes. It seems to me that once you do that you are compelled to do what you said you would do. At least in my mind.

Would not it be kinda cool if an Indiana Gun site (INGO) had a massive membership writing and calling campaign and was successful in getting a major player in the shooting industry to move here? Perhaps wishful thinking but still neat IMO.

Well, we are TRYING to do so with the Indian Firearm Manufacturers Relocation Group...

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Like cancer, gun control only gets worse.

Attack and keep attacking. Only stop when ownership of an M16 is mandatory and pistols are sold in vending machines at airports.[/quote]
    :): And to think of the times, not even going that far, that I'd been called a radical or anarchist only for wanting to simply get my rights back.

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    CA, IL, NY already all in. MD, CO, MT, MO, PA, CT, MN teetering.

Its not just one state. They are on the march.

As for Magpul, they made an exception in their bill for them. So we will see if Magpul sells out if this legislation makes it all the way through the process.

Looks like the lines are being drawn for the next civil war. Free states defending encroachment from the police states. Actually, I'd say the war is already on and the weapon of choice is the media. Capture the minds and you capture the states. It's not a fight we are well equipped to win unless we can expose the media driven BS in some way.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

In my opinion, this has nothing to do with safety or saving children. I know it sounds awfully tin-foil hat based, but I think the government knows it's only a matter of time before the economy collapses and they are trying to disarm as much of society before it happens as they can. When the economy collapses, a disarmed people can be herded around as fits the government needs. An armed people present a problem to them.

They play commercials telling us how we should have a bug out bag to be able to displace quickly if we need to, but they say nothing about how to become more resilient in our homes. In a disaster or collapse, they don't want people staying in their homes, they want them to move to FEMA centers where they can be kept and controlled. An armed people will keep bug out bags, but they will have them so they can avoid a FEMA camp instead of to make their live comfortable in one.

The Republican Party is made up of optimists that think we can steer away from the calamity coming. The liberal democrats are pessimists that think there is no way to avoid the collapse, so their plan is to tax and spend as much as possible to buy bullets for the government while cutting the supply of weapons and bullets to the citizens. They want to spend to bolster government safety, not safety for anyone else. Neither party is right.

These abuses of the 2nd Amendment have nothing to do with trying to fix gun violence. It's simply the governments way of prepping for the storm.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Looks like the lines are being drawn for the next civil war. Free states defending encroachment from the police states. Actually, I'd say the war is already on and the weapon of choice is the media. Capture the minds and you capture the states. It's not a fight we are well equipped to win unless we can expose the media driven BS in some way.

C'mon, the media wouldn't print this stuff if it weren't true!

Pravda.jpg

Last edited:

poisonspyder

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Durango

Looks like our stupid bill will pass today most likely. This statement quoted above also means unless magpul has plans to move to Indiana already they most likely wont be going there either. New tax credits and politics take to long for a company to move to Indiana. They will just move, prob to Texas.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Looks like our stupid bill will pass today most likely. This statement quoted above also means unless magpul has plans to move to Indiana already they most likely wont be going there either. New tax credits and politics take to long for a company to move to Indiana. They will just move, prob to Texas.

I would guess they had a contingency plan in place. Too bad for the good people of CO.

Glad to hear the state will be safer now.
    (For criminals to ply their trade, that is.)

I think the government knows it's only a matter of time before the economy collapses and they are trying to disarm as much of society before it happens as they can. When the economy collapses, a disarmed people can be herded around as fits the government needs. An armed people present a problem to them.

That's what Nicolae Ceaucescu thought until his own security forces turned on him. Even had the Romanian people wanted to save his government, they couldn't have because they'd been disarmed. Oops.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom