Conservation Officer needs no search warrant (?)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I get worked up when ****bag "gun owners" murder cops, but you don't see me making veiled threats about exacting revenge on them.

Holy :poop:!! If anything I said implied I was out for revenge or wanting to murder a cop, then I sincerely apologize right now. That was not at all my intent.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Holy :poop:!! If anything I said implied I was out for revenge or wanting to murder a cop, then I sincerely apologize right now. That was not at all my intent.

I think several people, including myself, considered that implication given the subject of the original post and how you initially stated it. I'm certainly glad to see this clarified as not being the case.:yesway:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    What law? Out of curiosity do you believe the Constitution means literally only what the text says or that it is to be interpreted via intent and context?

Look, I am not here to start a fight. I admit that I don't know what laws may be in question here. This thread was created out of the implication that laws exist granting certain types of LEOs unusual powers of questionable constitutionality. I was simply expressing my opinion of such laws should they exist. Nothing more. LEOs deserve our respect and a great amount of latitude during the performance of their duties. All I'm saying is there is a limit to the amount of latitude I would be willing to allow. The exact details of which cannot be fully defined without experiencing them in the moment.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Look, I am not here to start a fight...

You're kind of digging a hole, my friend.
    Being bold and defending your property in words here will gain you nothing. However, if it would ever actually come to that in real life, these words might be costly in court.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    What's a ****bag gunowner? Non-police?

No, a ****bag "gun owner" is a ****bag that owns/possesses a gun that doesn't follow the law. It has nothing to do with them being non-police. Nice try though.

I thought it was a gunowner who spent too much on guns and couldn't afford real furniture. What else does beanbag gunowner mean? Plus, why is your swear filter covering up "bean"?

10mmMarc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 16, 2015
    Greenwood
    I've only had one encounter with a CO while actually in the woods, and one on the side of the road while I was getting into my truck, neither were bad experiences, the way I see it is, I am a property owner, I do not live on my hunting property yet, and I know I have trespassers going onto my property, so If a CO shows up and walks out into my woods to check people out to make sure they have written permission to be there, I welcome that 100 % .
    In fact I would actually like to meet the local CO in my area just so I know him and can express my concerns about trespassers, I started using trail cams and got a few pictures and I expect more during turkey season, but I also plan on being there on opening day this spring.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    25 years of hunting in rural northern Indiana and I have seen more badgers in the woods, 1 to be exact, than I have seen COs. I am pretty sure I will see a black panther, a chupacabra, a sasquatch, and a yeti before a CO.

I have called for them twice to deal with trespassers coyote hunting and both times they were like, meh, we're pretty busy, call your county police.:rolleyes:

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I've only had one encounter with a CO while actually in the woods, and one on the side of the road while I was getting into my truck, neither were bad experiences, the way I see it is, I am a property owner, I do not live on my hunting property yet, and I know I have trespassers going onto my property, so If a CO shows up and walks out into my woods to check people out to make sure they have written permission to be there, I welcome that 100 % .
    In fact I would actually like to meet the local CO in my area just so I know him and can express my concerns about trespassers, I started using trail cams and got a few pictures and I expect more during turkey season, but I also plan on being there on opening day this spring.

Why would a CO care or know if someone is allowed to be on personal property? All they care about is caliber and papers.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Because it's actually in the law that it's unlawful to hunt on land on which you have not been granted permission to hunt.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I thought it was a gunowner who spent too much on guns and couldn't afford real furniture. What else does beanbag gunowner mean? Plus, why is your swear filter covering up "bean"?

I thought it was "barfbag". I for one, wouldn't want to be on the business end of a gun that shoots loaded barfbags.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne

You should call and tell him that you would like to meet. Ask if he likes cream and sugar in his coffee and that a pot will be on when he get's there. The CO's I've met would like to meet more landowners and it's good PR for his department.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Many moons ago, I had a very slight casual professional relationship with C.O. Woolwine out of west-central Indiana. (I THINK he's retired now)

One of the nicest guys I've EVER met. Squared away, that guy.

Anyone remember the swift water training accident/tragedy involving C.O.s several years ago (where one drowned?)? I think it was Woolwine that rescued the others involved. Heck of a guy.

Top Bottom