• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    These types of targets aren't new they just seem to have been expanded in scope. I ordered a bundle of random targets probably 15 years ago and it came with the pregnant woman targets.

I do have add though the pregnant woman target I was sent years ago looked much more nefarious than this current rendition, it was like she was in an alley or something if I remember correctly.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I like the granny in the kitchen target. I imagine this scenario: You and your elite team of trained operatives kick in the door at 3am at granny's house. Granny was making a late night snack in the kitchen when she heard a gang break into her house and she grabbed her gun to protect herself. You shoot granny in the face in self defense. A job well done.

Shooting granny is probably easier than tackling her like the JBT did in that New Orleans video from Katrina.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    next time i go to the range im gonna shoot at these targets

10693816.jpg

images

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    They should change the product line's name from "No More Hesitation" to "Shoot First."

Good point. All they need is to add a target of two small hispanic women in a pickup truck as viewed from behind.

next time i go to the range im gonna shoot at these targets

10693816.jpg

images

Why do I get the feeling that some people who would consider having the police shooting at targets that look like us 'realistic training' but would consider targets designed for people who look like us shooting back when opened fire upon for no good reason to be appalling? What's good for the goose is good for the gander, and after all, it's only paper, right? Never mind that the apparent goal is desensitizing police of what reservations they may have about shooting people in situations that smack of defending their homes and families rather than crimes in progress.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That's great :n00b: The titles of the targets in Rambone's post even say "No More Hesitation". What could possibly go wrong with acclimating people to shooting little kids and little old ladies in their bedrooms?

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    After sleeping on this, I've decided these targets are total bull**** and **** the company that made them.

Carry on...

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Couldn't imagine being at the range and seeing someone shooting at a target of a kid or even grandma. Seems a little f&cked up.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    As I see it, the primary result of such 'training' is desensitizing officers to inhibitions against shooting the people they are ostensibly protecting--starting the metamorphosis from public servants to public masters suitable for a police state.

1. You will notice that those in the featured targets are pictured in the context of defending their personal space. You do not see people in such situations unless you just kicked in their doors or have accosted them outside. If this happens, then you are the problem, not them.

2. I can understand that criminals do not have numbered squares or ovals on their chests and do not necessarily look like roughnecks from the worst bar in town, but honestly, this is over the top. Once again, this appears suitable training for preemptive home invasions that channel thpoughts of such paradises as Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union and/or other combloc states.

3. Are we training our police to be keepers of the police or killing machines? So far as I can tell at the present, the police have looser rules of engagement than do our troops in combat. This is a major problem, and we see before us yet another example of reinforcing this pattern.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    Sick f####ers.

WTH is wrong with people? We wonder why cops shoot a pickup full of light skinned women and then again a white man looking for a large black man and wonder how something like that can happen?

Completely out of control. Completely sickening.

Remember these are the same sick officers and mentality that wear T-shirts like this:

wwwdw.png

yournamehere

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Has anyone in any kind of military or police ever steped forward and admitted to attending such training and why? I hear about this kind of training for "DHS troops" but never really seen such an animal.

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Why do you think it would be a joke? Do deadly threats only come in one or two colors and age groups?

^^^^^ Exactly!!!

Hey if you dont like the targets then look for something else. Go buy your round bullseye targets and shoot at them.

They are for specialized scenario purposes. It's not as if Officers shoot at those targets daily. Most of their training is done on silhouettes. Also, If you had looked farther you would see there are a whole myriad of scenarios from which to choose from. Including Active shooter, hostage, barricaded and as well Shoot-No Shoot targets.

To say shooting scenario targets like this desensitizes Officers and teaches them to kill people is just asinine. Typical rhetoric coming from someone who most likely has ZERO experience in civilian Law Enforcement.

Dont knock what you dont know.

And for the record, If some kidnapper had my child hostage and was pointing a gun I would pray to God the Police Officer on scene was well trained and made a well placed justified shot.

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Has anyone in any kind of military or police ever steped forward and admitted to attending such training and why? I hear about this kind of training for "DHS troops" but never really seen such an animal.

Well, depending on who you want to believe, lately it has come out that there is a litmus test being given to members of the military pertaining to their attitude about firing on civilians.

The Obama Civilian Military “Litmus Test” For Military Leadership Compliance… | The Last Refuge

Top Bottom