• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    So there shouldn't be any problems if I show up with targets featuring cops at the range right? Just for specialized scenario purposes like a cop trying to gain entry to the wrong house or some such thing right? Or how about soldiers? It's not like they will come and disarm you and steal your gun while you're protecting your property after, I don't know, let's say a hurricane. Or polititions. Really they've never been a threat to us right?

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Ok , let's get to the meat and potatoes here. You walk into your buddies house, his 8 yr old son finds daddy's .357 and walks in the room and points it at you, who shoots him?

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    So there shouldn't be any problems if I show up with targets featuring cops at the range right? Just for specialized scenario purposes like a cop trying to gain entry to the wrong house or some such thing right? Or how about soldiers? It's not like they will come and disarm you and steal your gun while you're protecting your property after, I don't know, let's say a hurricane. Or polititions. Really they've never been a threat to us right?

Or OBAMA posters? The Secret Service would be at your doorstep WAITING for you to get home.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    To say shooting scenario targets like this desensitizes Officers and teaches them to kill people is just asinine. Typical rhetoric coming from someone who most likely has ZERO experience in civilian Law Enforcement.

Dont knock what you dont know.

OK smart guy, explain to me what legitimate training value there is in 'realistic' targets that simulate people defending their own homes, families, or personal space? Since you apparently weren't an honor student, let me point out that you don't generally find a legitimate threat in form of granny in her kitchen wearing a housecoat making a snack unless you are the type of moron who kicks in the door on the wrong house not being able to properly read a warrant.

Don't knock what you don't know? I fail to see what there is not to know other than that some people think the police are god (BTW, they aren't). One thing I do know is that most people don't set up exercises to practice something they don't intend to do. It would make more sense to have normal looking people engaged in active shooter or hostage scenarios, not defending themselves and their homes. The only value I can see in practicing like this is the preparation for converting the republic into an authoritarian state.

RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I found the next round of "No More Hesitation" targets

video_baby_with_a_gun_takes_off_his_diaper_1358668913.jpg
    1352956805-0.jpg
    My%2Bbaby%2Bpic%2Bcurlers%2Bgun%2Bin%2Bhand.jpg
    images
    40781d1130312022-look-out-baby-gun-elliehanding.jpg
    cat_with_gun_by_Resident_evil_nerd.jpg
    thumbs_dog_with_a_gun.jpg
    images

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Hey, it's nice to know that pregnant women, kids, and old guys never are threats. I can stop being vigilant when they're around.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Could this be for when obama-messiah demands the disarming of honest Americans, and the honest Americans quote Charlton Heston's "From my cold dead hands"?

Very scary seeing those "targets".

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    I'd say my tin foil just got a little clearer. Yes if you threaten a mothers child she could be a threat. Yes if you threaten grandma or grandpa that lived in a nice neighbor hood that turned to crap over the years they could be a threat. There is no defending the need for these kinds of targets. They do not look threatening at all and several are defending the home. Desensitization is a real phenomena. And you know as well as I That the jokes will fly after a training session. To further the cause. I do not shoot at targets of people Silo setts sure but not pictures of people. This is sick. In fact I bet if I were to shoot at a pic of DHS agent or military at a public range, I bet I would get a visit from LEO of some sort. I am so sure of it I would not be willing to try it.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Hey, it's nice to know that pregnant women, kids, and old guys never are threats. I can stop being vigilant when they're around.

You have overlooked one very significant issue. The people featured in the targets are shown apparently defending themselves after being interrupted in the middle of ordinary activities. They appear to have been found after kicking in the wrong door rather than engaging in any criminal activity. I could understand a target of a normal-looking person in an active shooter or hostage situation (after all, not all criminals look like Charlie Manson), but these all look like people defending their own homes from intruders who need to be shot. The only practical use for these in training so far as I can tell is desensitizing LEOs to the dark underbelly of subjugating a population rather than fighting crime or anything else remotely similar to 'protect and serve'.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    Those type of targets are definately for "desensitization." No different than the military using "E" silhouette's, "Ivan" targets, pop-up and moving target ranges compared to known-distance firing. Train as you fight, since your target will be human shaped and moving. This is just complete and utter crap IMO.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    What is the problem it is only pictures of citizens. I have pictures of police officers beating a guy on a motorcycle to death. His arm is up in the air ready to make that last hit with his kill light. I always try to take out his arm first then go for the head shot. It's all just in good fun and training. Why should any one have any problems with that.

aclark I can't bring them up. Then I have seen them before. There is no reason to train like that in less you plan to do a lot of damage to honest citizens. Stuff like this makes me sick.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom