• Status
    Not open for further replies.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I think the letters and the phone calls are both a great idea.

The Scutter01 makes a good point about open carry events. If we do one at this store, we need to make sure the right message is sent. "Shopping" for a while, then deciding not buy anything and then telling them why might be a wake-up call.

Yeah, that store's management can allow this harassment to happen if they choose, but we have just as much right to express our opinions and displeasure.

And this topic has already netted me one more for my ignore list! I'm going for an INGO record. :D

Last edited:

tskin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    West Central Indiana
    Thanks for a copy of their policy. I've already emailed Joe Artenburn requesting my own copy of their policy regarding this matter. I wonder how long it'll take him Monday morning before the thought of "oh sh*t" crosses his mind..... Just the thought brings a smile to my face.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    No, you're not. You're like those hunters who say assault rifles are useless and should be banned, they'll never touch your hunting rifles and shotguns. Their store has repeatedly acted against corporate policy. :rolleyes:

Don't confuse the issue with logic and facts, young man! It will only lead to disaster!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Nice. According to the conversation in that link, the community's response was to go in and spend a bunch of money. THAT showed 'em! :rolleyes:

Yes, after they got what they wanted. I think that's the "carrot" part of "stick and carrot."

Some local stores are clearly going to keep trying to ignore corporate policy. It will take stubbornness and repeated pestering of corporate to get corporate tired enough of being bothered to fire someone, I figure.

Nakatomi

Tactically Cool
    Rating - 98.7%
    76   1   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Do you guys honestly think that because there is a "policy" statement for the corporation, that local managers could not use their own judgment, and be supported by corporate? At the end of the day, they have to make the call that they feel is the best for their customer base as a whole, not the minority that want to open carry.
    They have the right to boot anyone out, for any reason. If you go in there dressed in clown makeup, with a swastika tattooed on your forehead, singing broadway show tunes, you are gonna get thrown out. Now, do you have the right to be a singing nazi clown? Absolutely! See how that works? ;)

And for dragging 20 of your buddies in for an open carry day? They probably won't give you any flak, sure, because you are intimidating them. People with exposed guns tend to do that, especially when there is a gang of them, and you are unarmed. And most of them are female. If that is your goal, congratulations, you can scare unarmed cash register ladies. Woo.

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    Do you guys honestly think that because there is a "policy" statement for the corporation, that local managers could not use their own judgment, and be supported by corporate? At the end of the day, they have to make the call that they feel is the best for their customer base as a whole, not the minority that want to open carry.
    They have the right to boot anyone out, for any reason. If you go in there dressed in clown makeup, with a swastika tattooed on your forehead, singing broadway show tunes, you are gonna get thrown out. Now, do you have the right to be a singing nazi clown? Absolutely! See how that works? ;)

And for dragging 20 of your buddies in for an open carry day? They probably won't give you any flak, sure, because you are intimidating them. People with exposed guns tend to do that, especially when there is a gang of them, and you are unarmed. And most of them are female. If that is your goal, congratulations, you can scare unarmed cash register ladies. Woo.
    trollspray.jpg

Hey Rhino how do you use that Ignore feature I need it????:ar15:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Folks, instead of giving in to the troll and derailing the thread, might I suggest making ample use of the reputation button?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Do you guys honestly think that because there is a "policy" statement for the corporation, that local managers could not use their own judgment, and be supported by corporate?

Yes. That's exactly what I think when the corporate policy has been publicly stated numerous times. Regardless, you're still missing the point. Maybe you should go back and re-read the first post. If it helps, ignore the whole "open carry" part of it.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Corporate policy should preempt store policy, just like how Indiana state gun laws preempt county and city. ;)

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland

So how are you "as pro-gun as it gets?" If you're anti-OC, fine, but don't claim to be a proponent for guns in the same breath. Corporate has a policy, which has been reiterated through to that same store manager (IIRC) by CORPORATE. Yes, I think that a company, who has set policies, would listen to customers. They've already said so.

If you believe OC events to be intimidation techniques, then you're even more confused about gun-rights than Nancy Pelosi.

Nakatomi

Tactically Cool
    Rating - 98.7%
    76   1   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Wow. I'm actually getting hate mail for expressing an opinion that differs from the mob mentality.

I'm anti-gun for thinking walking around in a store might scare the people in said store?
    You want to drum me off the boards because I don't agree with the mob in this thread on one issue?

Yes, I understand what some people feel is the core issue here, that corporate policy seems to state one thing and local policy conflicts with that. Having worked in the corporate sector the majority of my adult life, I can tell you with great confidence that the people at corporate will always support local managers making conservative calls, and using their best judgement. A corporate policy is not necessarily a bill of rights for anyone to rampage around their store anyway they like.

Now for those of you who apparently feel an opposing viewpoint is somehow threatening to your very existance, by all means, ignore me. You're not someone I would really want to talk to anyway, if you just want me to parrot your opinions back to you verbatim and tell you how right you are. The rest of you, I value your opinions and enjoy the friendly debate. :)

Nakatomi

Tactically Cool
    Rating - 98.7%
    76   1   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So how are you "as pro-gun as it gets?" If you're anti-OC, fine, but don't claim to be a proponent for guns in the same breath. Corporate has a policy, which has been reiterated through to that same store manager (IIRC) by CORPORATE. Yes, I think that a company, who has set policies, would listen to customers. They've already said so.

If you believe OC events to be intimidation techniques, then you're even more confused about gun-rights than Nancy Pelosi.

Okay, explain how 20 people standing around with guns in organized protest is not scary to an unarmed person? This should be good......

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    A corporate policy is not necessarily a bill of rights for anyone to rampage around their store anyway they like.

I'm sorry, did you just accuse me of "rampaging around their store"? I did no such thing, sir. I was quietly shopping with my wife and minding my own business. For that, I am ejected, which is fine. Being ejected was never my complaint and I stated so in my first post. My complaint is that I was grossly insulted and demeaned. It would have been simple enough to simply state "Sir, our policy is that you must cover or take it outside." I'm having trouble understanding why you are missing this important distinction.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Wow. I'm actually getting hate mail for expressing an opinion that differs from the mob mentality.

I'm anti-gun for thinking walking around in a store might scare the people in said store?
    You want to drum me off the boards because I don't agree with the mob in this thread on one issue?

Yes, I understand what some people feel is the core issue here, that corporate policy seems to state one thing and local policy conflicts with that. Having worked in the corporate sector the majority of my adult life, I can tell you with great confidence that the people at corporate will always support local managers making conservative calls, and using their best judgement. A corporate policy is not necessarily a bill of rights for anyone to rampage around their store anyway they like.

Now for those of you who apparently feel an opposing viewpoint is somehow threatening to your very existance, by all means, ignore me. You're not someone I would really want to talk to anyway, if you just want me to parrot your opinions back to you verbatim and tell you how right you are. The rest of you, I value your opinions and enjoy the friendly debate. :)

You are missing the point. Again, re-read the post, concentrate on HOW it was handled, If you still disagree, then you are indeed, a troll sir.

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac

troll-web.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I hope you guys realize that you're defeating my clever application of the ignore feature with all of the quoting! Cut it out! :D

Nakatomi

Tactically Cool
    Rating - 98.7%
    76   1   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm sorry, did you just accuse me of "rampaging around their store"? I did no such thing, sir. I was quietly shopping with my wife and minding my own business. For that, I am ejected, which is fine. Being ejected was never my complaint and I stated so in my first post. My complaint is that I was grossly insulted and demeaned. It would have been simple enough to simply state "Sir, our policy is that you must cover or take it outside." I'm having trouble understanding why you are missing this important distinction.

Oh, on the issue of rudeness? I agree completely with you. Mocking you, treating you with disrespect, etc, is completely uncalled for. In that case, OC or CC really has nothing to do with this, other than being the catalyst for your conflict with the manager and his subsequent unprofessional behavior.

By all means, I would complain to corp on those grounds.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom