• What do you think?

• Total voters

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I am wondering if the attention this is getting is due to lack of things to report. I read Harold Camping's book from 15+ years ago and he was very upfront saying that there was a very good probability that the prediction was wrong. I haven't seen the new material, however my trust in accurate reporting has waned in the past decade.......

I don't believe it is for a lack of things to report. It's more likely that its getting the coverage it is because 1) false Christian doctrine can be sniffed out a mile away, and the world is quick to jump on it- and rightly so. And 2) "scoffers will come in the last days to scoff, following their own lusts, saying, 'where is the promise of His coming?'" (2 Peter 3:3).

Don't get me wrong- both are tragic. It is tragic that people bearing the name of Christ would so blatantly ignore Scripture and put it forth to the world. And it is also tragic that those prophesied of as "scoffers" regarding the return of Christ are ignoring the Scripture that "by the same word the present heavens and earth are held in store for fire, being kept until the Day of Judgment and destruction of ungodly men."

Top Bottom