• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    No can do tomorrow because I'm working nights and that's prime sleep time--I never sleep as it is, so I have to try when I can. I am totally down for Thursday though. Wifey might come strapped as well.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Had a totally different experience today, one guy showed up early and then left early, couldn't have been 3 minutes after he left and another showed up, then another about 1:15, I had to leave at 1:30 but didn't get out of there until 1:45. Not sure if anyone else showed up. I kept expecting Andy to stop in with a new gun from Westforth . . . maybe he found other things at Westforth to buy?

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I went out last night, didn't get home till 5. I didn't wake up till 330, o did get to pick up my new gun at westforth though, so the entire day wasn't a loss. Cya tomorrow.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I've got the DISH NETWORK repairman coming out to my house on Wednesday morning, he is supposed to be at the house between 8am and NOON. Apparently the repair will take about 90 minutes. So depending on WHEN he actually shows up, I will either be able to make the normal Wednesday lunch . . . or not :(

Hopefully the guy will get to the house at 8:05 so I don't have to sit around waiting all morning for him, but my luck is he will show up at 11:59.

Who is planning to show up Wednesday? Anyone? Or since I may not be there . . . everyone! :banana:

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    I am going to try. I have to be at work in the city @ 0300 local time. I might be able to swing it, but it ain't lookin' good. If not Wednesday, I will be there Thursday.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I have to be at work at 1400 so I am going to try and hit the shop early then leave from there for work about 12:45ish

Your rifle case is in the back of the shop. There is a note on it to return it to you if I am not there when you come in. But there is no pink rifle inside.

Thanks again, and with any luck I'll see you guys there.

I am going to try. I have to be at work in the city @ 0300 local time. I might be able to swing it. . .

Woodrow you may want to come early and leave early? By the way, today I ordered another size of BIG BUTT cigars, they won't arrive until next week, but I thought you might want to know.

It seems like Terry's schedule is changed pretty dramatically due to school. I suspect that if he makes it he will come in early, 11 or 11:30 and leave early. That is what he did last week. Seems like Joe is working more hours, not sure what will be up with him, I've not heard from him for several days.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Woodrow you may want to come early and leave early? By the way, today I ordered another size of BIG BUTT cigars, they won't arrive until next week, but I thought you might want to know.

Sorry melensdad, that's 3:00am, so coming early and leaving early would be a bit difficult, though I would meet you up there at 1:00am if you really wanted!

I look forward to trying the smaller size. I am definitely going to look into a box, possibly before Christmas.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    STUCK AT HOME this morning.

Waiting for DishNetwork to come out and do an upgrade (which reduces my monthly $) and fix a problem. Also waiting for the tractor dealer to make a delivery, they can't just leave the part, it needs my front end loader to lift it off their trailer. So I'm sitting here with the wife's little yappy dog on my left and my big fuzzy dog on my right.

I don't even have a cigar at home to puff on!

It would sure be nice if these guys get here early enough for me to get to the lounge to smoke with whoever is showing up today!!!

Yesterday I had a MONTICRISTO FANCY TAIL. It was my last one. Darn thing kicked my butt and made me woozy. Sure had a great taste, lots of flavor but also a lot of intensity and strength. Its pretty rare that I would smoke a Monticristo, they are just so darned expensive, but as it was my last one I wanted to get rid of the box and make room for some new cigars that will be coming.

I've got a new BIG BUTT "Gordito" that should show up, its a short but fat cigar, made with the same tobaccos as the BIG BUTT "Don Gordo" but simply cut shorter. It should taste the same but would be ideal for times when you simply don't have an hour or so to smoke a full length cigar. The "Don Gordo" is a full 6" cigar, the "Gordita" is more of a Rothchilde length at 4.75" long.

I've also got some H. UPMANN "Cabinet Selection" cigars coming in in Robusto and Toro sizes; these are higher end cigars. As well as another modest price cigar called DaVINCI and those will come in 2 sizes, the Churchill length is 7" by 48 ring gauge and should be well under $5, a small size will also arrive and should be under $4.50.

Also on order is a new CAO LX2 series cigar, I don't currently carry that series but have had requests for it in a Lancero size (long and skinny) so I figured I'd bring that in. CAO is one of the best cigar families I've ever tried, I've smoked about a dozen different CAO cigars and all of them have been excellent.

With any luck all of these should arrive sometime before NEXT Wednesday but none will be in the shop today.

Anyway, I hope to get there before noon today . . . IF the DishNetwork guy shows up on time.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    I've got a new BIG BUTT "Gordito" that should show up, its a short but fat cigar, made with the same tobaccos as the BIG BUTT "Don Gordo" but simply cut shorter. It should taste the same but would be ideal for times when you simply don't have an hour or so to smoke a full length cigar. The "Don Gordo" is a full 6" cigar, the "Gordita" is more of a Rothchilde length at 4.75" long.

Sounds like a great alternative, but I think that I smoke a bit fast. I can be a little manic in most things that I do and what with the chewing one end and smoking the other (!), I find that the 6" is perfect. However, you're right, when I don't have much time, I hate setting down the remainder. I look down and see all that waste.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    I posted on the NWI INGO General Forum, but I'll ask here too: I have to go to the Tipton Gun Show Saturday to talk to a guy about my Colt SAA. Anyone want to come?

PM me if interested and I'll send my number. I'm not looking for gas or anything, just wanted to see if anyone wanted to ride.

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Sitting in the lounge right now. Kicking back with a Quorum Sha'de.

I could use a cigar. I just got back from LaRabida Children's Hospital in Chicago, spent the better part of the day there with my daughter (routine, not emergency) what a frustrating time. Oh, and then there was the rush hour traffic we got to enjoy on the way back to Indiana. Yup that was fun speeding down Stony Island past the Nation of Islam mosque.

A cigar and a black coffee (with a shot of Kaluha) would be good right night.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom