• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Interloper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    I am on the northeast side of Indianapolis and need a place to shoot. Do any of you have thoughts on the Fall Creek Valley Conservation Club? The website looks good, but other than that I do not have any information to go on. I am just looking for a good safe place to shoot some targets.

Any thoughts or suggestions for a good place on the northeast side of Indy would be appreciated!

hunter46140

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    FCVCC is a great safe place to shoot. You must have a membership to shoot there though! Right now they must be going through leadership changes or something because I can't seem to get my renewal card back!!

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    Good place to shoot. Never too crowded and very reasonable membership fee (like $50 per year). Every now and then you get some grumpy old men out there that act like they own the place, but other than that it's good.

Funny story. These two older (70s) gentlemen were shooting rifles there one day. It was those two, myself and a buddy. I went to break in a new pistol, so I was going to shoot on the pistol range. The rifle and pistols firing lines are the same, so you have to wait until "the range is cold" before you start hanging new targets.

Anyway, these two old guys were annoyed that we were there to shoot pistols, so they purposely kept shooting their rifles without stopping, so we couldn't put our pistol targets up. Finally after 40 minutes, I told my buddy that I was just going to shoot at the old beat up targets that were already stapled up at the pistol range. I shot a couple magazines and then all of a sudden one of the old guys comes running over yelling and cussing because I shot up one of his targets (that he had left at the pistol range). I guess the stapled up targets at the pistol range were the ones that he had been shooting before we got there. He was just doing it to be a grumpy old man because these were the cheap paper targets and there wasn't much paper left on them even before I got to them. He bitched and moaned and finally I went over to my car and grabbed a brand new pack of targets and gave it to him. He took them and then became the nicest guy I had ever met. It was a strange situation, but it ended up good.

So, here's a range ettiquette lesson: 1. Don't shoot other peoples targets 2. Don't leave your targets up at the range unless you want someone else to shoot them

oldrookie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    I am on the northeast side of Indianapolis and need a place to shoot. Do any of you have thoughts on the Fall Creek Valley Conservation Club? The website looks good, but other than that I do not have any information to go on. I am just looking for a good safe place to shoot some targets.

Any thoughts or suggestions for a good place on the northeast side of Indy would be appreciated!

I belong there and would be more than happy to take you up there and give the nickel tour. I am in the Oaklandon/Geist area and its about a 25 minute drive for me. 10,25,50 and 100 yard tables. Nice place and generally, nice people.

Irishcs05

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Carmel
    Great information everyone. I've been doing some research on this range as well.

Anyone have any up to date information on when their next event might be where people can join?

Slim7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Fishers
    Count me in on the tour and event information. I've e-mailed a couple of times with no reply and the calendar on the site isn't updated. I drove by there in route to New Castle and want to join. I also have two sons who want to join their teams.

oldrookie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Great information everyone. I've been doing some research on this range as well.

Anyone have any up to date information on when their next event might be where people can join?

They try their best but the website is kind of out dated. They do keep a calender of events on there. Their site is FALL CREEK VALLEY CONSERVATION CLUB. When good weather months hit, they do have a lot of activities ranging from skeet to high powered rifle and everything in between.

Open invitation to anyone interested. I would be more than happy to take you up there and look around. As stated in another thread, I live out in Oaklandon and its 25 minutes up the Pike from there.

kong1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Pendleton
    I've been there to shoot trap a number of times. Went down and had a look at the shooting range but haven't been able to shoot yet. I live in the Pendleton area so this is close to home. I've emailed about membership too but haven't gotten any replies. I should have just joined a few yrs. ago when I was out there shooting trap I guess....lol...... Kong

Interloper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Thanks to all of you for taking time to respond. Looks like FCVCC may be having a spike in new members. :draw:

Bronsonbull, I think lesson number three is to always have extras targets as peace offerings!

Oldrookie, sounds like you may be my neighbor. Once things thaw out, I would jump at the chance for a nickel tour.

Thanks again for all of the responses.

oldrookie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Thanks to all of you for taking time to respond. Looks like FCVCC may be having a spike in new members. :draw:

Bronsonbull, I think lesson number three is to always have extras targets as peace offerings!

Oldrookie, sounds like you may be my neighbor. Once things thaw out, I would jump at the chance for a nickel tour.

Thanks again for all of the responses.

Interloper....I am in Oakland Hills; 75th and just east of Sunnyside.

All others interested - They have the application in pdf format on their website. I haven't looked at it for a while but if they ask for a current member name give them Bill Reiman!

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Interloper....I am in Oakland Hills; 75th and just east of Sunnyside.

All others interested - They have the application in pdf format on their website. I haven't looked at it for a while but if they ask for a current member name give them Bill Reiman!

I work about 5 minutes away from the range and I want to join just so I got place to eat lunch. :D

I have an application, hard copies are available at Crack Shot Guns in Anderson. Just let me know when you all go. Should we just send these apps in now?

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have been a member of FCVCC for about seven or eight years now I think.

Anyway yea it's a small, private, members only sort of set up but from what I have experienced, all of the old timers are friendly & welcoming to newer members.

I can't really comment too much on the organized events I have never participated in any held there but I have gone and watched a few - they also offer a wide variety of classes on everything from basic gun safety to personal/home defense to reloading, my wife has taken a couple of the offered classes & says that she really enjoyed them.

I guess I should start looking forward to meeting some of you on the shooting line.

Interloper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Mailed the forms and check yesterday...can't wait to hear back! :D I look forward to seeing you guys on the range.

Irishcs05

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Carmel
    Let us know when you get your membership card. I might mail it in as well, but would honestly rather join in person if possible.

shadow shooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Anderson
    I live about 3 miles from the range never been there but sounds like i should join if all you guys are going to be members out there. i dont think theye do any handgun comps but im not sure about that would like to know from someone that is a member nice and close to practice for me though. hope to see some of ya out there!! :draw:

Interloper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    I wanted to let you guys know that FCVCC was really fast in processing my application. I received it in the mail today along with a newsletter for the club. I will be out there soon! :ar15:

Slim7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Fishers
    Thanks for the update, that's good news. Is there some sort of orientation now, or just go out and enjoy?

92FS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Phoenix
    Hey there oldrookie I live in the subdivision east and north across 75th from you. I would enjoy tagging along on a tour sometime.

Last edited:

oldrookie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Hey there oldrookie I live in the subdivision east and north across 75th from you. I would enjoy tagging along on a tour sometime.

Sounds like a plan! Anytime you pass by, my house is on the corner facing north, first west entrance of Oakland hills.

Top Bottom