• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What caliber of rifles are they shooting for the highpower competitions?

I know that the "service rifle class" is limited to: .223/5.56, .308 & .30-06, but I am not sure if they are running any other match or sporting classes of high power though if they are then stuff like .243, 6.5, 6.8, etc would all probably be allowed.

I'll ask thursday what classes of high power they are running this season, during the FCVCC club meeting.

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I stopped by there one day a couple of years ago, I think it's about time to join as certain other places are getting too pricey for me.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Sent my money in today

I went on their web site several times and emailed them but never got a reply so today I downloaded their application. filled it out, wrote a check and put it in the mail box this morning. Sounds like we might have an INGO crowd out there soon. I belong to POPS but they don't allow anything bigger than a 22 rifle so need a place to shoot the bigger stuff.

maxcoen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    North Side
    I went on their web site several times and emailed them but never got a reply so today I downloaded their application. filled it out, wrote a check and put it in the mail box this morning. Sounds like we might have an INGO crowd out there soon. I belong to POPS but they don't allow anything bigger than a 22 rifle so need a place to shoot the bigger stuff.

Did the same thing today. I had filled out the paper work about a month ago was waiting for a reply to my email and thought screw it I am sending it in. Mailed it today.

Lets put together a INGO shoot this spring!

Irishcs05

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Carmel
    Their calendar notes a club meeting this Thursday at 6:30. I'm going to head out for that, take a look at the range, and join.

92FS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Phoenix
    FCVCC view from Google Earth

fcvcc.jpg

Last edited:

RTDoug

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Yep, that's the place.

I am a member, and think it's a fine facility. Not too far from my place.

I am reasonably sure that Fesmire is still running the Hi-Power. I talked to him a couple of weekends ago about my membership card. (They are slow in coming this year)

I don't believe that they have anyone keeping the website current.

The only problem I see is, the trap range runs perpendicular to the 100yd range. During trap shoots, the rifle/pistol range is closed. So, if you do join, check the calendar they send or you might make a trip for nothing. It is also closed during muzzleloader shoots, and other certain activities.

They offer NRA sanctioned reduced target Hi-Power, NRA reloading class, personal protection, and state required hunter safety, small bore competition and more.

I also understand that their walk thru archery range was at one time one of the best.

I have been a member for a long time.

Just my :twocents:

regards

oh yeah, no big 50's, too much damage to the backstop berm...

WheelgunMan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    yeah the old dudes get their depends in a bunch when some youngster gets out of his car (been there) I love the range the facilities are excellent and despite some of the members being abrasive there are some who are the nicest guys you'll ever meet and help you with anything

Irishcs05

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Carmel
    Went to the meeting tonight and paid my money to join.

I too joined last night. The group at the meeting was great, I can't wait to get my membership card and use the range.

It was good to meet you and Richard last night, I'm sure we'll see each other at the range.

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wheelgunman,

I am curious about this statement: "old dudes get their depends in a bunch when some youngster gets out of his car." & the who/what/when/where/how & why that this happened to you.

Personally I've never seen anyone at FCVCC get upset for someone else mearly getting out of the vehicle before, however I have seen the occasional talking too when a member sees another member (or an uninvited guest at the range) either knowingly or unknowingly violating safety/range rules.

CouncilOfDave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Anderson
    I have my application, just waiting on payday. :D

I live so close, I have no idea why I never joined before. I spend about that much a year in gas just driving to Wilbur Wright, it only makes sense. Plus I like the hours better.

Once I get my membership, I have a feeling I'll be shooting a lot more often. :draw:

Rogue42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    McCordsville
    Just happened to find myself in the neighboorhood this weekend. I was at the paintball place down the road a piece so I decided to stop by. Of course I choose to visit on a day when it was snowing and blowing like crazy, no one at the range. But I did get to look at the facility. Looks like a nice place. Easy to get too off I69.

Top Bottom