• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dvcr8tor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Any chance anyone'll be there tomorrow (Saturday) if I stop by? Going up to 21st Century and thought I'd stop in afterward... I know it's a longshot...

TempusFugit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    TempusFugit,

Congratulations! hopefully you'll get the chance to break away from the family for awhile and empty some casings once again!

Thanks, Richard. Things have settled down considerably. I'm a pretty lucky guy. The Queen fixed me up with gear to start reloading for
    Christmas. Can't wait to test drive 'em.

kong1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Pendleton
    I also received my membership card in the mail friday. A friend of mine was here visiting when I got the mail so we went out to check out the shooting range and now he is going to join up too. :rockwoot: I signed up tuesday nite at the trap shoot and received my card in 3 days......

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dvcr8tor,

So did you have any luck catching someone at the range today w/some authority to get you signed up?

Max,

Congratulations! & your welcome, looking forward to shooting with ya!

Tempus,

Wow she's definately a keeper then!

Kong,

Groovy! is your buddy going to be joining us for Tuesday night trap?

kong1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Pendleton
    I think he will join us eventually but I don't look for him too soon. He's never shot trap but would like to try so I'll work on him and convince him to come throw some lead with the rest of us....

dvcr8tor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Dvcr8tor,

So did you have any luck catching someone at the range today w/some authority to get you signed up?

No, there wasn't anyone there that could help me when we stopped in. But, I did stop by, and I had a nice long conversation with a member "Carl" who was taking a break and working on a sling for his AR. Very nice guy, and gave the run-down of how things operate, where things are kept, etc. I put my app in the mail today as I have to travel to Boston and won't be able to come out any evening this week. If I'm lucky, my member card will be waiting for me Friday night when I get back and I can come out Saturday for a while.

dave-

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Kong,

Well I hope that you keep working on him!

A short two minute tutorial on the who, what, where, how & why's so he would know a little more of what to expect and what is expected out of him on the firing line and he'd probably be less leary of (even though no one would think this except him) making a fool out of himself.

Dvcr8tor,

Well I am glad someone was out there who could show ya around a little, I was going to try to be out there on Saturday & play guide but I was really busy finishing up the remodeling one of our bedrooms; plastered, painted & laid laminate hardwood flooring.

Anyway I'll look forward to shooting with ya when you get back from Boston!

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ya know I've posted alot of photos of the clubhouse & trap stations but I don't think I've posted any of the archery, rifle & pistol ranges.
    lucycamera310.jpg

lucycamera309.jpg

lucycamera319.jpg

lucycamera318.jpg

lucycamera307.jpg

lucycamera308.jpg

lucycamera313.jpg

lucycamera314.jpg

lucycamera315.jpg

lucycamera316.jpg

dvcr8tor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I can't come out this week, but hopefully in the next couple. Just as a suggestion, how many rounds should I bring out. I've never shot trap before, but would like to give it a go.

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dvcr8tor,

Fee's are 4 bucks per round for member (5 bucks per round if not a member) & a round consists of 25 shells fired by each of the 5 shooters, so you'll need a box of 25 for every round you plan on shooting & a couple of extra loose shells in case of misfire or something.

Walmart carries Winchester Universal 100 shell value packs (four 25 shell boxes) for 25 bucks (tax inc) or you can buy shells at the club (they are better quality shells but they'll also run you about .50 cents more per box over the Winchester at Walmart).

Anyway I usually shoot 2 or 3 rounds a night, with the weather warming up & with my new shotshell reloader arriving this afternoon that'll probably increase in the near future LOL.

maxcoen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    North Side
    I went out for my first time 2 Mondays ago. It's a great range, met a couple friendly other members out there that helped me sight in my AR. I plan on making it my every other Monday midday "meeting":D

dvcr8tor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Richard,

Thanks for the info. That's what I needed to know. I picked up a box of Federal shells at WalMart in KY this past weekend for 4.97 a box. Don't know if they are available here, but they seemed to fire a decent pattern in a quick test. (first chance I've had to test fire it since I bought it). Looking forward to coming out sometime soon!

Matt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Anyone planning on shooting the Registered trap shoots? They've got a cool feature at shootata.com that lets you set up a buddy list and keep track of each others' scores. Sounds like fun to me!

BTW, how are Registered shoots normally run?

Top Bottom