• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I recently acquired my "first" full size 1911....
    I've only had commanders and ultras up to now, I can't wait to take it out for a run.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Congrats OP, beautiful gun! Ruger 1911 was my first as well, though mine was the SR1911. Very nice gun, but I've already bought two more 1911's since...lol!

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I really need to stop looking at these 1911 posts!! If I don't my savings account is going to shrink really fast. That is an AWESOME looking 1911 OP. Congrats!!

TTB Yeee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Ohio
    Congrats! I absolutely love the Night Watchman SR1911s. I have the original SR1911 and am thrilled with the purchase. I haven't bought my 2nd 1911 yet, but I have a feeling it will be coming sooner rather than later. I'm hoping for a Dan Wesson, but not sure if I can swallow that price tag just yet.

I've been thoroughly impressed with the trigger, but I don't have much to compare it to. I've compared it directly with a RO, and S&W E series that was sent to S&W for a trigger job. The RO was a range rental gun, and it seemed pretty damn dirty, so that could have been the reason why I wasn't THAT impressed by it (I still want one). The SR1911 had a better trigger than both, surprisingly. Not sure if I got lucky, as I haven't done anything to it other than shoot the hell out of it.

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    Congrats! I absolutely love the Night Watchman SR1911s. I have the original SR1911 and am thrilled with the purchase. I haven't bought my 2nd 1911 yet, but I have a feeling it will be coming sooner rather than later. I'm hoping for a Dan Wesson, but not sure if I can swallow that price tag just yet.

I've been thoroughly impressed with the trigger, but I don't have much to compare it to. I've compared it directly with a RO, and S&W E series that was sent to S&W for a trigger job. The RO was a range rental gun, and it seemed pretty damn dirty, so that could have been the reason why I wasn't THAT impressed by it (I still want one). The SR1911 had a better trigger than both, surprisingly. Not sure if I got lucky, as I haven't done anything to it other than shoot the hell out of it.

The trigger pull is a very consistent 6lbs on mine. Don't know what "normal" is for a 1911, but that's what mine is. MAN does it feel nicer than any handgun trigger I've pulled!

10mmfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    I am guessing there will be more to come. 1911s are addictive for their owners once you get one you want more.

TTB Yeee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Ohio
    The trigger pull is a very consistent 6lbs on mine. Don't know what "normal" is for a 1911, but that's what mine is. MAN does it feel nicer than any handgun trigger I've pulled!

I FEEL like mine is near 4 lbs, but have no proof of that. No take-up, no grit, just a clean break. It is a bit lighter than my G19, with lots of rounds through it and 3.5lb connector. I don't have much experience with other 1911s (only a few trigger pulls on the two), but mine seems lighter. Maybe it is all in my head since it is MINE, but who knows.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Nicely done! A first 1911 can be a make or break thing. If done wrong, it can put you off on the whole type. If done right, it's the beginning of a relationship that will keep at least one in your safe for the rest of your life. Looks like you did it right.

Top Bottom