• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Tim McVeigh was convicted on June 2, 1997, sentenced to death on June 13th and executed on June 11, 2001, less than 4 years after sentencing and there were a couple of appeals that were disposed of in that time. It doesn't have to take forever.

I would imagine (speculate) that this being the military justice system, things may be expedited all the more.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    Good thing it was in Texas, which has a death penalty. Good riddance. Now we just need some people in government who are not so PC and not always siding with Muslims to declare this what it was -- an act of terror. Workplace violence my foot.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I hope his 72 virgins look like Andrea Dworkin. (Google her on an empty stomach.)

He's no martyr. He has nothing to give. He wants to die, and I don't see him dragging it out.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    The sooner we execute this scumbag the sooner we as taxpayers don't have to foot the bill for him taking up space on this planet.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Does the military have different execution methods? Is it gonna be lethal injection or does the military still have firing squads or something.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I hope his 72 virgins look like Andrea Dworkin. (Google her on an empty stomach.)

He's no martyr. He has nothing to give. He wants to die, and I don't see him dragging it out.

I was thinking Diane Feinstein, yes, for the visual disappointment, but mostly for the shear *****-factor. But I think your choice is better overall.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Good thing it was in Texas, which has a death penalty. Good riddance. Now we just need some people in government who are not so PC and not always siding with Muslims to declare this what it was -- an act of terror. Workplace violence my foot.

Does not matter that it was in Texas. The Military Justice system can apply the death penalty no matter where the crime was committed.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Does the military have different execution methods? Is it gonna be lethal injection or does the military still have firing squads or something.

A great big NO-NO to death by musketry. That is considered an honorable form of execution. If they execute him, let it be death by hanging.

BUT. The son-of-a-***** WANTS to be executed and "martyred". Keep him on death row indefinitely and feed him nothing but bacon!

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    A great big NO-NO to death by musketry. That is considered an honorable form of execution. If they execute him, let it be death by hanging.

BUT. The son-of-a-***** WANTS to be executed and "martyred". Keep him on death row indefinitely and feed him nothing but bacon!

You're kidding right? Ha gotta be a bit morbid to be that offended that the way we kill him is too 'honorable'. Dead is dead and firing squad is the most common form of execution in the world.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    You're kidding right? Ha gotta be a bit morbid to be that offended that the way we kill him is too 'honorable'. Dead is dead and firing squad is the most common form of execution in the world.

No, I'm not "kidding" in the least. Read up on military history. Why do you think that Hermann Goering (among others) asked that executions be by firing squad rather than hanging? (And, yes, I am aware that The Fat Man cheated the gallows.) Hanging has traditionally be considered the preferred method of execution of criminals.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    No, I'm not "kidding" in the least. Read up on military history. Why do you think that Hermann Goering (among others) asked that executions be by firing squad rather than hanging? (And, yes, I am aware that The Fat Man cheated the gallows.) Hanging has traditionally be considered the preferred method of execution of criminals.

It's also historically been the execution of choice in genocides, your comment just brought back to me an image of the guy in 1984 explaining to Winston, who didn't like to go see the executions, that he was upset they started binding their feet together because he liked to watch them squirm and twist when they were hung.
    But I suppose I have missed the point, executions are really big on tradition.

Top Bottom