Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Glock Fail =
    draft_lens8381371module72348211photo_1301429730unicorn_coloring_pages2.j

:laugh:

Hey now.

Just because you THINK you have a hot new girlfriend doesn't mean you can badmouth your ex. :n00b:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Just because you THINK you have a hot new girlfriend doesn't mean you can badmouth your ex. :n00b:

:D

Is it bad that when I first saw the post title my initial reaction was "I must get in there and prove him WRONG!!" :laugh:

nsheepdog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Carmel, IN
    Yes, the updated spring is installed, but I'm pretty sure there is a newer extractor. I'll call Glock and find out, then update this thread to let you all know.
    You 1911'ers, you might be on to something...

I just realized the OP had ONE stovepipe on the inaugural shot followed by 199 rounds firing ok (just getting hit in the head with the spent casings). I wouldn't sweat it yet. Chalk it up to a new gun and see what happens at the next range session. You said you have the updated/replacement spring from GLOCK already installed?

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Would like to hear the end result. I haven't heard of a newer/different extractor.

I dislike GLOCKs (look and feel) but I can't deny the obvious that they run like champs out of the box. The only trouble I had with a GLOCK was traced back to my shooting style and an aftermarket part. I carry the GLOCK 19 because of a perfect balance of capacity, concealability, relaibility, and I shoot it well (even though I don't like it).

I love my 1911's and they run like champs. Then again, I spent money to make them that way. I will carry a 1911 when capacity isn't an issue.

Just understand, both platforms are man made machines and can fail. (Some 1911 guys might argue for divine inspiration of the 1911.)

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    What about the steel casings from the factory test fire? Is that normal?

Were they steel or nickel plated brass? Some ammo comes with plated brass for better function.

As far as function concern with the brass ejecting in your face, if you already have the new spring assembly, you might want to PM Shooter521 or let him take a look down at Bradis some time. He is a Glock armorer and all around good guy.

This happened with both WWB and Federal ammo?

Last edited:

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Pfft.. You're complaining? It's a miracle that you still have a hand. Most glocks just kaboom, so the whole ejection process has never really been a priority.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Would like to hear the end result. I haven't heard of a newer/different extractor.

I dislike GLOCKs (look and feel) but I can't deny the obvious that they run like champs out of the box. The only trouble I had with a GLOCK was traced back to my shooting style and an aftermarket part. I carry the GLOCK 19 because of a perfect balance of capacity, concealability, relaibility, and I shoot it well (even though I don't like it).

I love my 1911's and they run like champs. Then again, I spent money to make them that way. I will carry a 1911 when capacity isn't an issue.

Just understand, both platforms are man made machines and can fail. (Some 1911 guys might argue for divine inspiration of the 1911.)

Excellent!
    I just finished another Glock Armorer Class, and I do not recall mention of a new extractor on the Gen 4 models. Perhaps, I missed something.

Glock did change extractors a number of years ago from a square edged version to a 15 degree model.

Bottom line: call Glock and explain the problem. The folks there will make it right. Customer service is superb (most gun makers' are.)

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    Sell it. Buy a Gen2 or EARLY Gen3. Replace springs. Save money on phone calls.

My new Gen3 G19 was spitting so much brass in my face it was ridiculous. Any fail, and the gun gets sold. I bought one with a serial number in the 1990's (reference this glock talk thread), and voila - no more brass in the face and erratic ejection.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    If you are going to throw it in the trash, might I suggest donating it to a worthy cause (cough*Roadie*cough) and writing it off on your taxes? :D

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I had a Gen4 17 that was a stovepipe machine out of the box. Got the new spring and it ran better (though not perfectly). Traded it and eventually got a Gen3 19... 100% so far (120 rounds).

45-70

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Cale
    Then 2 out of every 10 ejected shells hit my face for the duration of 200 rounds.

Nothing wrong with the gun, it's the optional Gangsta model designed to be held sideways when fired. No more shell casings to the noggin, it's all good.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Top Bottom