May 30, 2009
    Lafayette

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I have a question, or I suppose several questions. I`m not a savvy guy in regards to tech things and Go Fund Me in particular. Does the recipient get ALL of the money, or just a portion? And how trustworthy is this platform? Can they be trusted to actually get the money to him?

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I have a question, or I suppose several questions. I`m not a savvy guy in regards to tech things and Go Fund Me in particular. Does the recipient get ALL of the money, or just a portion? And how trustworthy is this platform? Can they be trusted to actually get the money to him?
    Go Fund Me takes a small percentage, I want to say it’s 2% but I’m not certain on the exact number. The trust part is questionable.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    You gat to pick how much to give to the go fund me people.
    they are trusty as in they aren’t going to Just keep the money. They sometimes let the wokesters force them to give the donations back

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    This particular fund has been set up by representative Jim Lucas and he has pledged 100% donation.
    This, and the fact that I did not recognize the name of the other funds originator is the reason I donated to this fund and not the first posted.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Go Fund Me takes a small percentage, I want to say it’s 2% but I’m not certain on the exact number. The trust part is questionable.
    According to the site, this is incorrect.
    The page clearly states that they do NOT retain any of the donations, relying on "tips"to GoFundMe for their funding.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    According to the site, this is incorrect.
    The page clearly states that they do NOT retain any of the donations, relying on "tips"to GoFundMe for their funding.
    My wife started a go fund me for a woman she used to work with to buy her recently deceased son a headstone, she said they keep 2% or something like that of the total. In this case it may very well be wrong, I assumed it was just what they did.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    My wife started a go fund me for a woman she used to work with to buy her recently deceased son a headstone, she said they keep 2% or something like that of the total. In this case it may very well be wrong, I assumed it was just what they did.
    I wouldn't put it past them to try, but with the 100% disclaimer on the fund me page, I think Jim Lucas would have a field day, not to mention a court case, and I believe he would vigorously pursue the same

CallSign Snafu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 3, 2015
    Indy
    I'd be interested to see if anyone were dumb enough to try and sue this kid in the state of Indiana. I am not so sure that he is facing any real legal perils from anyone. Civil liability protections in the state of Indiana for instances like this are really strong for people like Mr. Dickens. Then again, I don't if Mr. Relford is charging him for his services. I also understand if he might need some money for help trying to sort out some of this stuff privately.

EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    Guy reported that he was providing his services pro bono- however it looks as if defamation suits may be forthcoming against those who have reported Dickens actions as illegal.
    It may be that any funds generated could be used to pursue those efforts. Don’t sit back and let them vilify the good guy, but go on the offensive!

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    If I recall correctly, they did not return contributions either. Do I recall correctly?
    They initially said they were going to donate all the donations to one of their approved charities. Until they felt the heat then they refunded to the people who donated.

But that was 1,000’s of people I’d imagine they could do whatever they wanted with 100’s of peoples money without repercussions.

Top Bottom