• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    They initially said they were going to donate all the donations to one of their approved charities. Until they felt the heat then they refunded to the people who donated.

But that was 1,000’s of people I’d imagine they could do whatever they wanted with 100’s of peoples money without repercussions.
    I think there is a serious spotlight on this.
    With Guy R and m Mr Lucas behind this it will be a bumpy road for any screw ups.

G_B_C

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I would rather give my money away to a meaningful cause, or someone who is actually doing community work for their community. This was simply a right time at the right place situation, and it's kinda weird to me how everyone is so ready to put the kid on a pedestal like he's a god. Sure, he stopped a lot more senseless death from happening, but his good deed ended when the shooter dropped.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I would rather give my money away to a meaningful cause, or someone who is actually doing community work for their community. This was simply a right time at the right place situation, and it's kinda weird to me how everyone is so ready to put the kid on a pedestal like he's a god. Sure, he stopped a lot more senseless death from happening, but his good deed ended when the shooter dropped.
    That may not be the end. If they can hold the people spreading lies accountable then his good deed may have just gotten started.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield

Because we just had an instance where 200+ cops sat around and proved how useless as a professional they are. One lone average joe drops an ******* from 40 yards he is our case study for mass shooting prevention.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Post a link to a gofundme for the families of the victims and I will gladly donate to them as well. Now I would be disappointed if the donations to Eli would be used on anything other than legal representation or other expenses incurred through this ordeal and not to gain a profit on. I'm pretty confident that Eli has the character based upon his selfless act in saving others to not want to gain a profit off of his good deed.

Last edited:

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Regardless, my sentiment stands that I would rather open my wallet to someone who is actively doing positive work for their community. To each their own, but that’s how I feel.
    I think that's fine, no one is trying to force you.

I'm just stating there may be more to come from this, in fact I hope there is.
    The only way to stop that kind of nonsense is to hold them accountable.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    People want to help a hero.

He may have forfeited his pistol, for who knows how long.
    Not a big deal for me. I go into the safe, or I go back to the store.
    But a "mid-20s" me. That's a major investment.

Also, maybe he or his girlfriend could use an ankle first aid kit.
    Seems like they'd put it to good use.

And finally, different people donate to different groups, for different reasons.
    Donating or not donating doesn't make you a bad guy, unless maybe you are donating to criminals.

I donate to a lot of veteran's and youth organizations.
    There are people that don't.
    Doesn't bother me. Maybe they donate to others. Maybe none.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    People want to help a hero.

He may have forfeited his pistol, for who knows how long.
    Not a big deal for me. I go into the safe, or I go back to the store.
    But a "mid-20s" me. That's a major investment.

Also, maybe he or his girlfriend could use an ankle first aid kit.
    Seems like they'd put it to good use.

And finally, different people donate to different groups, for different reasons.
    Donating or not donating doesn't make you a bad guy, unless maybe you are donating to criminals.

I donate to a lot of veteran's and youth organizations.
    There are people that don't.
    Doesn't bother me. Maybe they donate to others. Maybe none.
    Exactly. Nothing says that you can only donate to one cause. Just because I donate some to one cause does'nt mean that I don't donate to other causes.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Not sure what the issue is. The kid unarguably saved countless lives. He reacted quickly, and was darned good at what he had to do. I cannot imagine the trauma of having to take another life, and there can be no doubt that he`s going through a lot. If anyone ever deserved to be "on a pedestal", this kid does. You`re not obligated to donate, so no worries. I find it kinda odd that anyone, especially on a gun forum would take a tone with it like you have. Kinda tells me what I need to know about someone.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I understand how we want to spread our discretionary funds around but I took the remark as slightly belittling to those of us that want to step up and see the greater good to come of this. If we continue to be safe cowards and do nothing these big mouth agenda driven leftists will eventually run us over. And yes I took some slight offense to this attitude.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I understand how we want to spread our discretionary funds around but I took the remark as slightly belittling to those of us that want to step up and see the greater good to come of this. If we continue to be safe cowards and do nothing these big mouth agenda driven leftists will eventually run us over. And yes I took some slight offense to this attitude.
    Same here...it p****d me off.

Top Bottom