• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Generally, small nations are prosperous nations. They know they don't have the financial or raw material resources to try pie in the sky BS like Obamacare or the National Health Service in Britain. I saw a figure that something like 95% of all of the tax dollars (pounds sterling) spent in Scotland comes from the rest of the UK. If even remotely true, that's a staggering statistic. A free and independent Scotland will have to radicly rejigger their social safety net. Being a small, independent nation, they'll needs be forced to make it a smaller one. This is a good thing.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Scottish TV lineup

hwnDn7B.jpg

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    This seems like a pretty big news story but honestly, today is the first day I fully understood what was going on, and I am on top of the news for the most part. And it was only a couple days ago that I heard Scotland might be trying to achieve independence. Is there a reason why no one is talking about this? I'll bet if you asked 100 people on the street, at least 90 would have no idea what you are talking about. But Im sure they could tell you all about Ray Rice and Peterson.

Media control. Keep the people dumbed down so they don't realize the things they can do for themselves.

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    Media control. Keep the people dumbed down so they don't realize the things they can do for themselves.

Dead on target!

Got to keep the folks distracted with bread and circuses. If the folks were to start thinking for themselves they might begin to reconsider their own central state and recognize that many would do better without it.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Dead on target!

Got to keep the folks distracted with bread and circuses. If the folks were to start thinking for themselves they might begin to reconsider their own central state and recognize that many would do better without it.

^^^^^ Ding Ding Ding Ding ! We have a winner !!! ^^^^^

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Generally, small nations are prosperous nations. They know they don't have the financial or raw material resources to try pie in the sky BS like Obamacare or the National Health Service in Britain. I saw a figure that something like 95% of all of the tax dollars (pounds sterling) spent in Scotland comes from the rest of the UK. If even remotely true, that's a staggering statistic. A free and independent Scotland will have to radicly rejigger their social safety net. Being a small, independent nation, they'll needs be forced to make it a smaller one. This is a good thing.

I think they'll be just fine. It's Scotland's oil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Screw the UK.

[video=youtube;KDz4A7QO088]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDz4A7QO088&list=PLE7421BAC0D024FF0[/video]

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    From the DPRK News: Kim Jong-Un warns English hegemony to cease interference in democratic elections of Scotland, or face annihilation.

:lmfao:

OH, oh....I want to play this INGO Political Subforum style.

Kim Jong Un, due to the corporate/government controlled media in the west is portrayed as an evil dictator. Most people don't like evil dictators and have not paid enough attention to the websites with REAL news to know that this is just a portrait our political overlords have painted of him to serve their own purposes. Therefore, this is a blatant attempt by the U.S. and U.K. governments to fabricate a headline with a quote from a person they have forced the world to hate, to fool the Scottish sheeple into voting to stay in the U.K. rather than be associated with the unfairly portrayed Kim Jon Un.

There's no evidence this didn't happen...and any evidence that it didn't happen was fabricated anyway....and you can't trust the feds, so we have to assume this is exactly what happened....right?

How'd I do?

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I would actually have liked to heard an argument either for or against independence that was more than "God save the Queen" or "Scotland the Brave". Lots of long term issues (currency, defense, nuclear power, border control, passports, education) seem to have kicked into the long grass. What interests me the most though is what the long term implications are for the Union, and especially Northern Ireland.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    OH, oh....I want to play this INGO Political Subforum style.

Kim Jong Un, due to the corporate/government controlled media in the west is portrayed as an evil dictator. Most people don't like evil dictators and have not paid enough attention to the websites with REAL news to know that this is just a portrait our political overlords have painted of him to serve their own purposes. Therefore, this is a blatant attempt by the U.S. and U.K. governments to fabricate a headline with a quote from a person they have forced the world to hate, to fool the Scottish sheeple into voting to stay in the U.K. rather than be associated with the unfairly portrayed Kim Jon Un.

There's no evidence this didn't happen...and any evidence that it didn't happen was fabricated anyway....and you can't trust the feds, so we have to assume this is exactly what happened....right?

How'd I do?
    Well, if you read it on twitter you would have proof too.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I had breakfast with a person from europe this morning who was not a Scott or English. It was his opinion that even though the crown treated them as subjects, they were denied some of the legal rights that an Englishman enjoys. If that is true, I can see why they want to seperate. I'll have to check it out more when I have time.

Top Bottom