• ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Not tracking.

Is this some strange reversal of the Supremacy Clause argument?

Sorry, Kirk. Didn't think it through and should have known better.
    Was thinking about the dark side if (new) firearms standards were adopted at the federal level. But there already is law at the federal level (and superseding federal legislation, under an honorable SCOTUS) available to preempt such sick overregulation as CA is suffering under

View attachment 48294

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    if you were smart and didn't register during the initial regulations, continue flipping the bird to state legislators.

At most California has 5% compliance rate.

^^^This should give all of us some hope^^^

Um, California is a big state. Lots of us there.

INGO has more than several ex-Californians. They are just as pro-gun as you, they only had the misfortune to live in a crappy state. We free them, we don't ignore them.

How about we work toward federal preemption and free the oppressed in CA, NY, NJ, MA?

^^^This is the good fight^^^

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    Maybe I'm wrong and maybe this has been discussed already but wouldnt enforcement of these laws be ex post facto laws if enforced on residents of California that legally purchased these firearms prior to these laws being enacted?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    No. Ex post facto would be if they criminalized the ownership/use of a gun in June by means of a law passed in July.
    Conversely, if Indiana was to pass a law decriminalizing marijuana use at the state level in July, they could still try and convict you for being caught with it in June.

The law can only work against you if it was the law at the time you (allegedly*) did whatever it is you are charged with doing.

Does that help? :)

Blessings,
    Bill

* added for Kirk's benefit. :stickpoke: :):

Maybe I'm wrong and maybe this has been discussed already but wouldnt enforcement of these laws be ex post facto laws if enforced on residents of California that legally purchased these firearms prior to these laws being enacted?

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    I think talk about the State of Jefferson might start again. Look it up, it's an interesting story. We could split it up... the western coast and population center of Los Angles/ San Fransisco becomes it's own stupid state. We'll call it West California. The northern counties secede and become Jefferson. The rest of the state remains just California. Possible net gain in the senate? Two to four pro-gun Senators.

Letting Illinois separate from Chicago? That would be a wash. The same with NYC and New York state. At least it would box in more nimrods and open up more "free" territory.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think talk about the State of Jefferson might start again. Look it up, it's an interesting story. We could split it up... the western coast and population center of Los Angles/ San Fransisco becomes it's own stupid state. We'll call it West California. The northern counties secede and become Jefferson. The rest of the state remains just California. Possible net gain in the senate? Two to four pro-gun Senators.

Letting Illinois separate from Chicago? That would be a wash. The same with NYC and New York state. At least it would box in more nimrods and open up more "free" territory.

I don't think the actual, working taxpayers outside of those tax-sucking black holes of fraud, waste and abuse would be that sanguine

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker

If California would break up into multiple states, it would need both approval from the US Congress and the California state legislature (per Article IV, Section 3 of the Constitution). Since the state as a whole is a Democrat stronghold that is unlikely to happen.

ural8

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2016
    Indy
    What guns are not serialized other than antiques? Is this really a problem? Are criminals running around with antique guns?

The bullet button is just stupid. I feel dumber having to watch it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    What guns are not serialized other than antiques? Is this really a problem? Are criminals running around with antique guns?

The bullet button is just stupid. I feel dumber having to watch it.

Look up 80% lowers.

You can make a gun for yourself. It doesn't require a serial number. Some people use 80 percent lowers, as mentioned by pudly.
    Some make them from scratch.

California thinks they can make people put serial numbers on the gun.
    Of course, how would they know?
    And of course, a criminal wouldn't be putting a serial number on it.

ural8

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2016
    Indy
    I dint think of the DYI guns, though I imagine they are not used in crimes often. Its probably not a bad idea to have the 80%lowers serialized if they come from a factory still would not change crime rate one way or the other.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I dint think of the DYI guns, though I imagine they are not used in crimes often. Its probably not a bad idea to have the 80%lowers serialized if they come from a factory still would not change crime rate one way or the other.

Research 80% lowers. From the factory they are not classified as a firearm. That's part of the whole point of a 80% lower.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Research 80% lowers. From the factory they are not classified as a firearm. That's part of the whole point of a 80% lower.

And, then all they have to do is make a 70 percent lower. Or a 50 percent lower.
    Pretty soon, ALL METAL will have to be registered.
    I'm sure that will work out well.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

And, then all they have to do is make a 70 percent lower. Or a 50 percent lower.

Not to mention, firearms were made HUNDREDS of years ago.
    Even if you consider the advent of the modern firearm to be the 1911 (not making the claim, just using it as an example), that was ONE HUNDRED years ago.
    If they could do it then, does it not follow that it's easier to do now?

Cummins513

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2016
    Lowell

California: "Sir what do you think you're doing with that illegal 3% lower?"
    Citizen: "This is a stapler"
    California: "Take him away boys, there's no serial # on it"

Its the analogy of the frog in a pot of water slowly brought to a boil...

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    It worked with the mags, no reason to think it won't work this time. Confiscation is phase 2.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Jeff Cooper years ago wrote that those who live in L.A. or similar cities might as well get a lever action .30-.30 and be done with it. The laws suck but if you don't want to go to jail, that's what you are stuck with.

Top Bottom