Guns Go Bang Without Fingers (yes, again)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Hey Grandpa your car is parked on my lawn! :)

220px-1925.ford.model.t.arp.750pix.jpg
    Thanks, I enjoy pictures of old cars too.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I'm not generally the world's biggest fan of Spanish pistols, but the Astra 400/600-series are excellently built sidearms, even if they did fall out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down...
    They are somewhat unique, certainly not ugly.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I thought that was the point of muzzle awareness. Anything mechanical has the potential to break at the most inconvenient times.

Hey, a guy from Fort Wayne just won the Internet!:D

Correct, Fixer. Everytime you load or unload expect the gun to fire that way when it does fire . . . just like the 870 at Shootrite (Noooooo, Kirk!!!) . . . there is not a problem and no damage to you, others you love, or not care about and no damage to the gun culture.:)

Kirk S. "Safety Nanny" Freeman:ingo:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Hopefully, although I am skeptical, this will reinforce safe gunhandling practices.

On a side note, I am a Grandpa. My Grandson is now four months old and I could not be more proud. So thanks for reminding me. A bit of sunshine on an otherwise crappy day.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sure.. because everyone is interested in the same stuff right?

Everybody is a gun collector.

Nobody spends their time shooting, rather than picking up some new old shiney museum piece that goes auto at the range.

Sorry bud, some of us would rather have 1 gun and 20k rounds of ammo than a whole safe full of old broken history peices.

For some of us its about the shooting, not the collecting of junk for our kids to auction off when we die.

Wow. If I painted with a brush that wide I could paint the new BUG out house in 20 minutes!

I have a shop full of weapons you would define as "junk".

Based on your logic it's a bit shocking how many folks died in the wars of the 20th century. You do realize if a Mosin Nagant 91/30 was manufactured in the USA today with union labor the cost would be around $500-$600 per rifle, right?

Walther PPK's, Lugars. 1911's, Mauser k98's, Mosins, Garands, M1 Carbines, K frame Smith revolvers. N frame Smith revolvers....All junk collected for my daughter to auction off when I die? I have to assume you are joking because I can't imagine anyone being that obtuse.

I know there are guys that look down their noses at new weapons due to the plastic parts, lack of qc, etc....But I had never met anyone that looked down their nose at classic firearms. Hat's off for being unique I guess.

Sorry Bud, Some of us would rather have 50 to 100 guns with thousands of rounds of ammunition to take to our range. Don't be jealous of these guys. Strive to have as many guns as you can. It's not all about Zombies you know.

Last edited:

tblosl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    Evansville
    I have seen this happen with a brand new ruger .17 bolt action. While at a public range a guy pulled up and sat at the rest next to us. Started talking to him and he told us he had just left the gun show and wanted to sight in his scope. After loading he closed the bolt and it fired. We all thought (including him) that he must have had his finger on the trigger when he slammed the bolt shut. While loading another round into the chamber all eyes were on him. His hand was way back on the stock and finger was no where near the trigger. Yep it happened again. Nothing touched the trigger and the gun fired. He unloaded and headed back to the gunshow o talk to the dealer. Last I seen him, do not know what happened after that.

TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    That'd definitely be pretty scary, I don't know if I'd keep loading rounds in it to see if it does again, probably just take it to a smith then and there. But, to each his own. Glad noone got hurt.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    dom, the problem is that brand spanking new guns are based on the fire control systems of old junk and this happens to new guns.

ADs happen with old guns. ADs happen with new guns.

ADs happen to noobs. ADs happen to pros.

This is just a PSA to those who deny that ADs happen and to combat the "jist load it in the parking lot" meme that I have heard at ranges and gun shops. If you do have to do something like this, ensure that you have a proper backstop.:)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes, they can malfunction. Most of the time it is a man made malfunction from assembly or abuse but a gun is a machine. Machines are made and assembled by humans therefore inherently flawed.
    All denial on this topic melts away when you EDC goes freaking "Bang" when you put a round into battery. Happened to me and others I know. Not a fairy tale.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    dom, the problem is that brand spanking new guns are based on the fire control systems of old junk and this happens to new guns.

ADs happen with old guns. ADs happen with new guns.

ADs happen to noobs. ADs happen to pros.

This is just a PSA to those who deny that ADs happen and to combat the "jist load it in the parking lot" meme that I have heard at ranges and gun shops. If you do have to do something like this, ensure that you have a proper backstop.:)

But Kirk, tell us, what would be a proper backstop for example? :D

Top Bottom