Guns Go Bang Without Fingers (yes, again)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1forguns

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    custom is what I have heard the guys around here call this type of gun...usually because they don't know how to use it or they took it upon themselves to try and modify it without the proper tools or skills.....safety first kids

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    As being a person who has had a firearm go off in his hands upon chambering a round, finger completely off the trigger, I am not one of the INGO'ers to fight you over this.

It was a 2011 manufactured firearm too, cleaned properly. Sometimes, **** just happens :dunno:

Oh god, no.... Just no..... O_O

Yup. He also beat it with a hammer while it was loaded to prove how safe he was at handling firearms.

IamLegend

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    All the way Southern Indiana
    Wow, I'm new here but gotta say I'm amazed at how much I see the same arguments going on in so many threads. Also, its hard to learn with so much "odd type" posts in every thread. Is this inside jokes mostly, flaming or what? Never been on a gun forum so I guess I just don't get it yet.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Wow, I'm new here but gotta say I'm amazed at how much I see the same arguments going on in so many threads. Also, its hard to learn with so much "odd type" posts in every thread. Is this inside jokes mostly, flaming or what? Never been on a gun forum so I guess I just don't get it yet.
    Welcome to :ingo:! There's a lot of knowledge to be gleaned from most of the threads you'll find here, but of course there are always going to be differences in opinion, good-natured ribbing, and yes, occasional flaming. If you spend much time at all here, you'll soon come to realize that Kirk (the OP) is THE INGO proponent of all things safety-related (and he makes a lot of good points).

IamLegend

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    All the way Southern Indiana
    Welcome to :ingo:! There's a lot of knowledge to be gleaned from most of the threads you'll find here, but of course there are always going to be differences in opinion, good-natured ribbing, and yes, occasional flaming. If you spend much time at all here, you'll soon come to realize that Kirk (the OP) is THE INGO proponent of all things safety-related (and he makes a lot of good points).

Now see, that's helpful info and I appreciate it. I'm sure it'll take me awhile tp figure out some personalities and jokes. I also appreciate you not taking my remarks badly. Other than bushcraftUSA this is the only forum that I've ever joined so I've just been a bit confused as to some of the talk that's allowed on here.
    Thanks again.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have no issue with "tupperware" guns. I have had some. I will undoubtedly have some again. I prefer steel. The great thing about a gun enthusiast is that there are many models to choose from. Each shooter must make his/her own determination regarding which platform is optimum for the use intended. The one thing that does not change, regardless of platform, is basic gun safety beginning with the four rules. Guns are designed to go bang, anything on a gun which renders it unable to go bang can fail. If you believe your knowledge transcends the four rules you are asking, if not begging, for a life changing moment. I hope you don't get it. Because you just don't get it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Used to have several military guns with much history behind them. They were "OLD" when I owned them in the mid to late 70's. I loved them all for what they were, what they represented and there form and function. They all functioned as designed and everyone of them had seen combat in some area of the world. I wish they were still in my possession but 1st wife took of them before I realized they were missing. Sad day for me.
    I would give anything to have them back. Old guns are like old cars. You may not use them often but you have them. It is in the owning not the using.
    That said, there is nothing cooler than pulling out the Garand or M-14 at the range or in the woods. Nothing. Old guns are most cool.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The point is not that this happened with an older weapon but that it happens.

I've posted stories of old guns doing this. I've posted stories for new guns doing this.

I've posted stories of badges and non-badges. I've posted stories of this happening in our military and in foreign militaries.

If you handle guns you should load and unload with the expectation that the weapon will discharge. That way when it does happen, nothing will happen.:)

We as responsible gun owners should work to mitigate the potential damage that firearms can do. We as responsible gun owners should first educate ourselves as to what can happen with firearms so we do not look like jacklegs with guns.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    We as responsible gun owners should work to mitigate the potential damage that firearms can do. We as responsible gun owners should first educate ourselves as to what can happen with firearms so we do not look like jacklegs with guns.

Quoting for truth.

sorry-cute-dog.jpg

Tamara

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Broad Ripple, near t
    I missed it I guess. Can you please post it up? Is this a post or video of someone not trying to bash Hk's, or is it by someone reputable? Eh, either way, let me know where it is. Was it a USP, Hk45, P30, or was it a P7, vp70, Hk4...? Which one?

Spyder,

To take your questions in order:

Here.

Reporting a malfunction is not bashing, it is reporting a malfunction. Guns are machines, machines malfunction, therefore guns malfunction.

It happened while I was in the next room, and I was the one who first picked up the spent case and confirmed that it was an out-of-battery slamfire. (The rear of the case was noticeably bulged.) It was a P7M8.

I took it in to work and the gunsmith found a broken drop safety catch spring (part no. 4 on the P7M8 parts diagram.) It happens; guns break.

Because my neighbor was pointing his weapon in a safe direction when he dropped the slide, nobody got hurt; not him, not me, and not his daughter who was sitting at a nearby computer playing Baldur's Gate II. He installed a sand barrel after the incident.

Top Bottom