Guns not welcome at Levi's stores for safety reasons.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I understand taking a stand. Maybe I'm just too indifferent because I couldn't care less. I buy what works for me and my family and give little thought to corporate political leanings. I have enough worries in my daily life. Kudos to those who take the time to protest such things.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Meh, they're way overpriced. They don't fit that well, and they're pretty flimsy. So I can't really boycott them if I don't waste my money on them anyway. I get better use out of $10 wal-mart jeans, which is sad to say.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I understand taking a stand. Maybe I'm just too indifferent because I couldn't care less. I buy what works for me and my family and give little thought to corporate political leanings. I have enough worries in my daily life. Kudos to those who take the time to protest such things.

Right? It must be exhausting to keep a list to track such things.

I like Levi jeans and I will continue to wear them. I don't agree with the new store policy, but I don't buy my jeans from the Levi store anyway. I usually buy them at a Simon mall which is also a supposed gun free zone. :p

I think if I were to only to buy from gun friendly corporations it would be a pretty short list.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Could those company policies be just for insurance purposes? :dunno:

If you accidently get shot by the guy in the next changing room, while trying a pair of jeans, they can say they didn't allow this guy to bring his gun to the store.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Could those company policies be just for insurance purposes? :dunno:

If you accidently get shot by the guy in the next changing room, while trying a pair of jeans, they can say they didn't allow this guy to bring his gun to the store.

Yeah, I think that's probably true. Insurance companies come up with all kinds of crap. I once had an insurer drop me because I refused to put siding on my garage. It was a painted block building...

But Levi jeans still suck if you do anything other than go to dinner in them.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    And yet firearms parts are still sold on Amazon.

Thankfully Indiana law is very clear on businesses that doesn't like guns. If they ask you to leave, you leave regardless and if you don't, they call the cops. The thing is that if we all properly conceal our guns, there's no point. Does anyone here ever look at the no gun signs at AMC and say, they're never gonna watch a movie here? Or Chipotle or Panera?

CCW badge, around the neck, exempts you.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup

Thankfully Indiana law is very clear on businesses that doesn't like guns. If they ask you to leave, you leave regardless and if you don't, they call the cops. The thing is that if we all properly conceal our guns, there's no point. Does anyone here ever look at the no gun signs at AMC and say, they're never gonna watch a movie here? Or Chipotle or Panera?

Yes. I haven't been in any of those places for many years. Include BWW to that list as well, among others.

I've said this in similar threads in the past. The company doesn't have to be PRO gun like was mentioned by someone above. I have no problem with businesses that remain neutral, or just ask for patrons to not carry in their store. Kind of like when Starbucks said they would like people to stop open carrying in their stores. This was brought about by people that decided to open carry AR-15 rifles while they ordered their coffee. Starbucks simply said that they will follow the letter of the law and if someone is allowed to carry then they can carry in their business. They did not expect people make political statements by open carrying their rifles to make a point. IMO it's a reasonable request. If people had not done this then they most likely would not have changed their position to what it is now.

There is a gray area in this, it's not just black & white. A business that simply posts a sign for insurance reasons or personal beliefs is different than a business/CEO that ACTIVELY donates money, time & resources to anti-gun organizations. Neither place will probably get regular money from me, however I will go out of my way and find alternatives for those most despicable of companies that go the extra mile. I'll make sure I tell every friend & family member about those businesses as well.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I can state with confidence that I will never watch a movie at Chipotle or Panera. ;)

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Personally, I would prefer is a business concentrated on their products and services, and simply stayed silent on political and social issues. I baffles me that ANY business is doing SO well, that they can intentionally alienate a notable portion of potential customers, for any reason.

I suppose it is one thing when working with a small, sole-proprietorship, where you are talking directly to the owner. Just seems different when a huge corporation basically tells their stockholders "yeah, we all have enough money. We are going to cut back our potential audience by a few million people."

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    There is an Amishman named Levi Hostetler down the road that seems like a nice feller, let's not over react.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

You and me both.

But, honestly, I haven't spent more than about $12.99 for a pair of jeans in years. I buy 'em from Big R and usually when they are on sale for $7.99 or $8.99...yes, I know I'm either supporting China or the petty dictator of some other Pacific rim nation.

Last edited:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Are there any jeans that are made in the USA now?

I have a few pairs of Levi's, but I buy all my jeans from Wal-mart. I'm no hipster, I don't wear skinny jeans.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I go to Target to buy my jeans. Never really cared for what brand name I am wearing as long as it fits

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    I go to Target to buy my jeans. Never really cared for what brand name I am wearing as long as it fits
    You realize Target has openly alienated gun owners and stated they're not welcome in their stores?

I get my jeans from Walmart, $10-$12 a pair. RK jeans are nice, but they don't wear very comfortable with my belt/carry piece.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    You realize Target has openly alienated gun owners and stated they're not welcome in their stores?

That doesn't stop me. I have yet to see a no gun sign at a Target and I conceal my weapon good. If they don't see it, they don't **** their pants. Indiana law is pretty clear about how much ****s you should give about no gun signs on private businesses.

Top Bottom