Guns not welcome at Levi's stores for safety reasons.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Are there any jeans that are made in the USA now?

I have a few pairs of Levi's, but I buy all my jeans from Wal-mart. I'm no hipster, I don't wear skinny jeans.

I looked about a year and a half ago for Quality Wranglers since I can tell they're not made with the quality they used to be.
    I found USA made Wranglers but they were crazy expensive. I wasn't going to spend that kind of money without seeing them first.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I looked about a year and a half ago for Quality Wranglers since I can tell they're not made with the quality they used to be.
    I found USA made Wranglers but they were crazy expensive. I wasn't going to spend that kind of money without seeing them first.

If they are the 13mwz you can't go wrong with them. That's all I wear started back in my PRCA days.

Most times you can count on them to last years but on occasion they may not last longer than 8 seconds.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm all for supporting US products but 85 bucks for a pair of jeans????

You expect Joe Smith worker to work for $3/day like his cohort Ching Dao across the pond?

And I refuse to buy anything from Duluth until they drop the artsy watercolors in favor of actual photographs in their catalogs. :rolleyes: Sorry, I want to see what I'm buying. If I want to see art, I'll go to a museum.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    This may have already been mentioned. With businesses like this, we need to vote with our wallets. A "gun free" store is a "not my money store". I have walked into one store and did not immediately see the no firearms sign. Upon seeing it, I began to walk out and was asked by an employee if I had found what I was looking for. I informed the employee that I did.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This may have already been mentioned. With businesses like this, we need to vote with our wallets. A "gun free" store is a "not my money store". I have walked into one store and did not immediately see the no firearms sign. Upon seeing it, I began to walk out and was asked by an employee if I had found what I was looking for. I informed the employee that I did.

And leaving behind a "no guns no money" card for the employee to relay to management is even more effective.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm all for supporting US products but 85 bucks for a pair of jeans????

As you move up the perceived value chain, that's pretty middle of the road. Anything with domestic or Japanese 100% cotton denim is going to be pricey. Chinese denim and denim blends will be cheaper.

Find The Perfect Pair of Raw Denim | Heddels Scout Denim

You can search by country of origin for the material, where it's actually manufactured, etc. You'll find a lot of US and Japanese offerings over $200 a pair, but there is a company in TX that offers limited sizes at $40 a pair (those with a waist size over 37" true measurement need not apply).

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Levi Strauss isn't just giving a "friendly suggestion" not to carry in their stores, but they have for years been an active donor to the foremost anti-gun organizations in the country.
    This is no mere squabble over semantics.
    This is an insurmountable conflict over basic principles.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom