• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Buy a S&W M&P. Doesnt matter what caliber. They all blow Glocks out of the water.
    :popcorn:

He's one of the weirdos that have switched to M&P and then back to Glock.

As an M&P-toting former Glockist myself, I'll say that "They all blow Glocks out of the water" is quite an exaggeration. Both are boringly reliable and well designed/built self defense tools and I would and have trusted my life to either. For me the M&P just fit my hand better.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I'll give a G-42 the nod.. I thought a G-41 would be the ultimate and I just didn't care for it and I was sure I wouldn't like a 42 but after shooting one it's a really soft shooting small pistol..
    Of course there's nothing wrong with a 1911. Personally I would try to pick a series I Kimber if I were looking in that market.
    I don't think you would go wrong in either direction.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Forget the Aimpoint, because you don't even shoot the AR. Don't even go down the reliability path, because you will never reach a conclusion. Just get a 1911 and enjoy it.

Actually, I have been shooting my AR quite a bit. And I'll be going shooting again on Monday, with my 10lbs of H2. :D

Buy a S&W M&P. Doesnt matter what caliber. They all blow Glocks out of the water. Or just keep saving and buy a Barrett. :ar15:

Had a M&P. It was a piece of crap.

:popcorn:

He's one of the weirdos that have switched to M&P and then back to Glock.

As an M&P-toting former Glockist myself, I'll say that "They all blow Glocks out of the water" is quite an exaggeration. Both are boringly reliable and well designed/built self defense tools and I would and have trusted my life to either. For me the M&P just fit my hand better.

Weirdo? :draw:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Sorry guys I really want to like my M&P. It has the looks, it has the feel, it runs great. Stupid thing just will not shoot accurate enough for me.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Good question. I think my next handgun will be a 1911 that actually works. (I know, good luck right) The Range Officer in 9mm seems to be calling my name, except for the fact that it doesn't have a ambi safety. Have been running my CZ P-07 a lot since it came back from CGW. Still nothing like the price, availability, and durability of Glock mags though.
    I assume it is just a for the heck of it gun though.

You can add one real easy. Heck, the grips panels are already cut for ambi-safeties. FWIW, I love my RO in 9mm. I haven't shot my M&P since I got the RO. Once I figure out where I can shoot within reasonable driving distance from Bloomington, I'll be back at it. And hopefully next year when I am in a house and things have returned somewhat to normal I will be shooting steel challenges and IDPA with it. I use 10 round mags so I don't even have a handicap in IDPA!:)

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Sorry guys I really want to like my M&P. It has the looks, it has the feel, it runs great. Stupid thing just will not shoot accurate enough for me.

Neither will mine, but I still think it may be me. At the end of a class I took once, I shot one of the instructors Pro models and was ringing the steel real good. Then he shot mine and did the same. He thinks I just need more trigger time. Meh, maybe. Still considering adding the Apex FSS kit or selling it.

Voodoo574

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    South Bend/ Mishawaka
    I know that was a GRAND statement and for all practical purposes they might as well be the same gun. But I too feel the M&P fits my hand better. I just like rattling the cage a bit.:bacondance:

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    In my opinion if all of your pistols are Glocks, buy something that isn't a Glock.

I love Glock as much as the next guy but variety is the spice of life. 1911, .22 target pistol, something.

<----- Or a nice revolver, like my avatar

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Why would I want to sit a ginger table anyway??

Side-note: At the ACT shotgun class I was looking around the table for a ginger so I'd could introduce myself, but there weren't any. :(

The question is why WOULDNT you want to sit at the ginger table? I'm awesome.

I wasn't able to make the ACT class. I had to work :(

Top Bottom