• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Well, I went to Bradis today with my dad. He wanted to buy a Glock 26, and I wanted to look around.

After talking to shooter521, and based on his recommendation, I came home with a Glock 30s. I put down 100 rounds at home. And I absolutely love this gun. I believe once I get some Ameriglo Hackathorn sights for it, and a holster, it's going to become my new carry piece.

This gun wasn't even on my list, but I'm glad I bought it. It's friggin awesome!

Congrats! Keeping the family(Glock) pure!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Well, I went to Bradis today with my dad. He wanted to buy a Glock 26, and I wanted to look around.

After talking to shooter521, and based on his recommendation, I came home with a Glock 30s. I put down 100 rounds at home. And I absolutely love this gun. I believe once I get some Ameriglo Hackathorn sights for it, and a holster, it's going to become my new carry piece.

This gun wasn't even on my list, but I'm glad I bought it. It's friggin awesome!

Mark recommended a Glock... Shocking!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    42 is a good number. Why didn't he go with 42?

[video=youtube;aboZctrHfK8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aboZctrHfK8[/video]

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    It's anticlimactic that I bought the Glock 30s? :dunno:

No one can argue that it's not a good gun. I was really thinking you would come out of the box and try something new. I guess the M&P debacle scared you. Now you have to get a reloading machine to feed it, but that can be fun, too.

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    I was hoping you would go for the hard to find, different type of hand gun.

Surprised that a Colt or Kimber were not recommended.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    No one can argue that it's not a good gun. I was really thinking you would come out of the box and try something new. I guess the M&P debacle scared you. Now you have to get a reloading machine to feed it, but that can be fun, too.

I see. I'll admit, that I WAS excited about trying something new when I bought that M&P. But, with the problems I experienced with that gun, even after sending it back to S&W, it left a sour taste. Maybe Glock has spoiled me, but I have never had any problems with them.

I will get a 1911 someday, but for now I'm just going to enjoy my Glocks. They have never let me down. They're simple, and reliable.

When I'm ready to buy a 1911, it's going to be something real nice. And I'd like to spend more than a $1000 for one. But I'm just not there yet.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I was hoping you would go for the hard to find, different type of hand gun.

Surprised that a Colt or Kimber were not recommended.

The new ones are overpriced for the product received. They have name recognition and charge extra as a result.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Sorry guys I really want to like my M&P. It has the looks, it has the feel, it runs great. Stupid thing just will not shoot accurate enough for me.
    I've had the same issue with M&P. I could shoot a lot more accurately from my Ruger SR9c than I could from a full size M&P 9mm. I want to like M&P but I'm just not sure.

k1500

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2013
    West Lafayette
    You already have multiple Glocks. Why buy more of (essentially) the same? Change things up. I'd recommend a Beretta 92FS. Used ones are affordable. The mags are plentiful and cheap . I like the "natural point" of it over a Glock.

A 1911 would be nice as well. I like shooting them but don't own one.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Nice, I traded off my old Glock 30 (and my 21 as well as my 27) some time back to consolidate calibers and pistol sizes (Glock 23's, 19's and a 26 now).

I'm curious, is there something that the 30s does for you that your 26, 19 or 17 didn't, or were you just really looking to get into .45?

I checked out a 42 in Bradis the other day for the first time, and I wasn't convinced before that I needed anything smaller than the 26, but I will take a hard look when Glock inevitably comes out with their single stack 9. I could not believe how small the 42 was, and still managed to retain the things I like most about the Glock. I have absolutely no interest in the the .380, but now I "need" a single stack 9 Glock when they come out.

Top Bottom