• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Nice, I traded off my old Glock 30 (and my 21 as well as my 27) some time back to consolidate calibers and pistol sizes (Glock 23's, 19's and a 26 now).

I'm curious, is there something that the 30s does for you that your 26, 19 or 17 didn't, or were you just really looking to get into .45?

I checked out a 42 in Bradis the other day for the first time, and I wasn't convinced before that I needed anything smaller than the 26, but I will take a hard look when Glock inevitably comes out with their single stack 9. I could not believe how small the 42 was, and still managed to retain the things I like most about the Glock. I have absolutely no interest in the the .380, but now I "need" a single stack 9 Glock when they come out.

Because it's a .45. A 9mm kills the body, but a .45 kills the soul. :)

I'm still uncertain about single stack pistols. I have only held them, never shot one. But I've gotten used to the full grip of the Glocks, the single stacks just doesn't feel right in my hands.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Is this a quality post after the fact? :D

:dunno: Hey wait a minute what happened to other guy who agreed with my earlier suggestion. A suggest that the OP did not take by the way. :(

I took your very helpful suggestion under consideration, and gave it a lot of thought. In the end, I chose a Glock, which as everybody knows, is WAY better than a 1911 :)

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I took your very helpful suggestion under consideration, and gave it a lot of thought. In the end, I chose a Glock, which as everybody knows, is WAY better than a 1911 :)

How's your lady parts? I heard you had a flare-up the night of the Bub's meet.

Man, between the shotgun class and the Bub's I'm starting to think it's personal. :(

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Do you hunt small game? An 1851 Colt .36 will make you smile when you realize why Bill Hickok carried them.

ilcaveman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    elizabeth
    I have a glock and several 1911's. I prefer the 1911. I had my girlfriend shoot 10 different guns before she decided on hers. Find a friend with a 1911 and test it out, you will be hooked.

RND

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2014
    Westfield
    If one insists on doing a GLOCK in .45 ACP, then the 30 it should be. I myself had a 30S for a CCW,was a fine shooter with WC gold dot sight, and would recommend it to anyone over the g21 and G36. HOWEVER, there are better options for a .45.

MusicMatt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 21, 2014
    Lake County
    Of you really want a .45 and like Glocks, the 30s is the way to go. Shoots surprisingly soft, and is very accurate. It's still pretty thick for carry, but that's subjective. 10 round capacity.

Top Bottom