• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    wow, thanks for the foresight. I'm not looking for fancy and their price points are what really stood out to me. My concern is DB reduction, price, weight.....in that order probably. I'm even less concerned about the weight on the .30 cal can.

My advice is to spend the money on the best can for your purposes from a company with outstanding support. You are paying Uncle Sam $200 to be granted the "privilege" of owning an NFA item that will likely take 6 months to be approved. Silencerco, Griffin, Gemtech, and many others have excellent warranties and customer support. Trust me, it's worth the extra $200-300 to get something that is both technically superior and backed by a reputable company.

HuntertownArms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2016
    Indiana
    Feeling the love in here! New guy here at Huntertown. If you have contacted Huntertown Arms and have not received a response, please send me an email and I will reply to you. We have improved communications this year and our goal is to respond within 1-2 business days. You may giggle to yourself after reading to that, but we are currently well within that time frame. Just click the user name and there will be an option to send an email from here.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Hey, I'm rooting for you guys to succeed. The customer service issue is a big reason I haven't bought one of your products. I like much of what you guys are doing.

Good luck.

HuntertownArms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2016
    Indiana
    Besides joining this forum, how are you addressing the PR problem? Several shops that I have asked about the Kestrel have indicated that Huntertown may not be a reliable supplier..
    Since you are in Indiana,can you retail direct to the public?

I have been handling many of the first contacts from dealers and end users and providing my direct email and phone to bypass the main call system if they need anything else. Since starting, we have remedied outstanding issues with folks who have told us they were very pleased with the resolution. We have also had folks who are the type who can never be pleased and will not allow me to assist them. Regardless, we have had problems with delivery and customer interaction in the past, and while we are currently making strides to lessen our delivery times and improve our interaction, we do have people who continue to pass the blame to us. If a dealer you have spoken to has an issue, please have them contact us so I can assist them. As for retail direct, we do not want to cut out our dealers in Indiana and honestly, we're not set up to sell suppressors directly to end users.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    To be honest, over the past three years we grew too big too fast, and had all the problems that are associated with unsustainable growth. Contrary to what you hear on the Interwebz, we are not going out of business. We are not failing. In fact, our growth in terms of dealers serviced, silencers sold, shipped and total revenue for 2015 exceeded our 2014 results. Our year over results have increased every year since our inception in 2009.

A couple of issues I would like to address.

1. Customer service. Our customer service has been abysmal. Customer support and sales calls and emails have taken an average of 12 days to return, if we ever responded. Our phone system failed on several occasions due to the sheer number of calls received. Our email system was woefully inadequate to handle the volume of emails we received. To be honest, we had people that worked for us that sucked. They wouldn't answer dealer or customer inquiries even though it was their job. They had pet dealers they responded to, and let everyone else languish. We were not served corporately by their presence, nor were our customers. With the recent departure of our long time VP, those people are gone, and we now have people dedicated to doing their jobs and responding to all customers. You will see immediate response to questions and issues.

2. We tried to do too much for too many. We would shut down the production line to make one mount because a dealer promised it to a customer. We did stupid things that affected everyone to satisfy a few. In the end we satisfied no one.

3. Distributors. We cancelled five distribution deals over the past 2 years, and now have one silencer only distributor. One of the biggest mistakes I made was jumping headfirst into distribution deals with companies that I did not understand. One of them rarely paid their bill and was over a year behind on invoices. Three ran up to six months behind on payments. One used us to bait in order to switch sales to other manufacturers cans. We went to a distributor show and sold a ton of product that the distributor wouldn't order because we refused to give them free product. Not whining, but the business reality is that it was very difficult to keep your commitments when your upstream doesn't keep theirs.

4. We fired the largest Internet based retailer long before anyone else did for a myriad of reasons. They sold our product at prices that hurt our dealer network. They lied about the capability of the products. They also sold old generation product that they had purchased from one of our distributors as if they were current generation. When they were confronted, they told their customers we lied about the generation, when we didn't sell the cans to them in the first place. They also stopped paying their bills. In short they were bad business.

5. Try as we might we have not mastered the art of dealing with the ATF. We have had so many forms issues that I will have an anyurism describing them.

6. From a production and support perspective we were at a point two years ago where we needed resource planning software to assist in managing our operations, but didn't have the revenue to support it. We are in the process of implementing a company wide solution that tracks and manages all production and customer relations matters.

7. We have moved five times in seven years. We are currently in a 12,000 square foot manufacturing facility, with plenty of room for growth. Every time we would move we would have to suspend operations until our ATF license was moved.

8. In our seven years of operations, we have never had a price increase on any product. We have improved our product line while holding cost and price. Where else can you get a titanium 300 Wim Mag can for $699 retail?

You will notice a number of changes at Huntertown Arms, many of which have already begun to take root.

1. We answer the phones and emails. We have software that tracks all interactions with our organization, and we know exactly how long it takes to resolve an issue.

2. We have technology to track ATF forms and predict when there is an issue so that we can take proactive steps to resolve them.

3. We are implementing software to help analyze and manage our business.

4. We are going to focus our production on products the market wants.

We'll also be more active on the Internet. I've hired people whose job it is to communicate. You'll hear a lot more about us, from us. That's my promise.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I sincerely hope this is all true. While I like your prices, customer service scared me away from major purchases. Hopefully, this does change, and I can be a future customer. Good luck to you.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I want to see a paying site advertiser. I want to see an Indiana company who posts here more than once every two years. I want to see every issue an INGO member ever had addressed, customer service and suppressor performance wise. We've heard most of this before.

I have two HTA suppressors. Guardian 22 gen 2 which works well and Guardian 9 Gen 1 which is a $600 letdown. Not to mention it can't be used on 300blk like it supposedly could when it was sold.

If Silencer Shop was to blame for the epic screw up then say it. People on here need to know what happened.

Where are the HTA backing shops and videos they used to make, cramming HTA down our throats, making us believe in and Indiana product. Why did they jump ship?

Making a couple posts in some NFA thread isn't enough. If HTA ever wants to be taken seriously again you should start your own thread and make sure to keep coming back.

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    To be honest, over the past three years we grew too big too fast, and had all the problems that are associated with unsustainable growth. Contrary to what you hear on the Interwebz, we are not going out of business. We are not failing. In fact, our growth in terms of dealers serviced, silencers sold, shipped and total revenue for 2015 exceeded our 2014 results. Our year over results have increased every year since our inception in 2009.

A couple of issues I would like to address.

1. Customer service. Our customer service has been abysmal. Customer support and sales calls and emails have taken an average of 12 days to return, if we ever responded. Our phone system failed on several occasions due to the sheer number of calls received. Our email system was woefully inadequate to handle the volume of emails we received. To be honest, we had people that worked for us that sucked. They wouldn't answer dealer or customer inquiries even though it was their job. They had pet dealers they responded to, and let everyone else languish. We were not served corporately by their presence, nor were our customers. With the recent departure of our long time VP, those people are gone, and we now have people dedicated to doing their jobs and responding to all customers. You will see immediate response to questions and issues.

2. We tried to do too much for too many. We would shut down the production line to make one mount because a dealer promised it to a customer. We did stupid things that affected everyone to satisfy a few. In the end we satisfied no one.

3. Distributors. We cancelled five distribution deals over the past 2 years, and now have one silencer only distributor. One of the biggest mistakes I made was jumping headfirst into distribution deals with companies that I did not understand. One of them rarely paid their bill and was over a year behind on invoices. Three ran up to six months behind on payments. One used us to bait in order to switch sales to other manufacturers cans. We went to a distributor show and sold a ton of product that the distributor wouldn't order because we refused to give them free product. Not whining, but the business reality is that it was very difficult to keep your commitments when your upstream doesn't keep theirs.

4. We fired the largest Internet based retailer long before anyone else did for a myriad of reasons. They sold our product at prices that hurt our dealer network. They lied about the capability of the products. They also sold old generation product that they had purchased from one of our distributors as if they were current generation. When they were confronted, they told their customers we lied about the generation, when we didn't sell the cans to them in the first place. They also stopped paying their bills. In short they were bad business.

5. Try as we might we have not mastered the art of dealing with the ATF. We have had so many forms issues that I will have an anyurism describing them.

6. From a production and support perspective we were at a point two years ago where we needed resource planning software to assist in managing our operations, but didn't have the revenue to support it. We are in the process of implementing a company wide solution that tracks and manages all production and customer relations matters.

7. We have moved five times in seven years. We are currently in a 12,000 square foot manufacturing facility, with plenty of room for growth. Every time we would move we would have to suspend operations until our ATF license was moved.

8. In our seven years of operations, we have never had a price increase on any product. We have improved our product line while holding cost and price. Where else can you get a titanium 300 Wim Mag can for $699 retail?

You will notice a number of changes at Huntertown Arms, many of which have already begun to take root.

1. We answer the phones and emails. We have software that tracks all interactions with our organization, and we know exactly how long it takes to resolve an issue.

2. We have technology to track ATF forms and predict when there is an issue so that we can take proactive steps to resolve them.

3. We are implementing software to help analyze and manage our business.

4. We are going to focus our production on products the market wants.

We'll also be more active on the Internet. I've hired people whose job it is to communicate. You'll hear a lot more about us, from us. That's my promise.

Looking forward to it, I love my Guardian 9 and now cant decide on which one I want next.

HuntertownArms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2016
    Indiana
    I want to see a paying site advertiser. I want to see an Indiana company who posts here more than once every two years. I want to see every issue an INGO member ever had addressed, customer service and suppressor performance wise. We've heard most of this before.

The admin has been contacted and I am waiting for a response regarding advertising. I've been active in a few threads since joining just in the last 10 days. Email is enabled on my profile and I have made it known that people can contact me directly. So far I've had three people send us an email via INGO in those 10 days. You haven't heard this before from the guy putting in the work, and that's what matters.

I have two HTA suppressors. Guardian 22 gen 2 which works well and Guardian 9 Gen 1 which is a $600 letdown. Not to mention it can't be used on 300blk like it supposedly could when it was sold.
    We removed the 300BLK rating after several people shot supersonic ammunition even after we expressly stated subsonic ammunition only. Some thought it was good to put it on a machine gun, too, because of that 300BLK rating. It's impossible to please every customer, but there are thousands of Guardian 9s out there that people enjoy quite a bit.

If Silencer Shop was to blame for the epic screw up then say it. People on here need to know what happened.
    Our invoices clearly state what suppressors are being purchased from us; that may not be the case with other companies. We won't point fingers and name names, even if it is bad business and beneficial for us to do so. If that isn't a good enough answer then there isn't anything more for us to discuss on the topic.

Where are the HTA backing shops and videos they used to make, cramming HTA down our throats, making us believe in and Indiana product. Why did they jump ship?
    I see videos pop up every now and then, but not as frequent as when new models are released. We did have a trend with some shops having issues when dealing with a particular person, but replacing that person has alleviated the issues. I've been working to remedy past issues so we can all move forward.

Making a couple posts in some NFA thread isn't enough. If HTA ever wants to be taken seriously again you should start your own thread and make sure to keep coming back.
    There's a welcome thread that you must have missed, and I've responded in recent Huntertown Arms threads I've found. I'm here for the customers, however, I can't be in every thread, on our Facebook page, taking dealer orders, and answering emails and the phone all at once. Right now we're holding onto a same day response time for emails and the same for voicemails if we aren't able to answer when you first call. Just an FYI for anyone calling: if you don't leave a message you won't get a call back. Hopefully we'll be able to have our own subforum soon, but we still prefer if folks would send us emails so we can centralize the communications to better serve everyone.

Finally, if anyone calls or emails and has an attitude it will not help your situation at all. I'm working to help you, and telling me how I should do my job will get you absolutely nowhere. We're all adults here.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    I look forward to the rebound of this company. I only have one can of theirs but I enjoy it very much. I have no issues with it. I would buy another in a second once I feel that they are back and active in the community here on INGO. I do remember hearing some of these same promises quite some time ago and not much materialized from them. Here is hoping this time around is different. Much luck to you Huntertown Arms. :)

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    To be honest, over the past three years we grew too big too fast, and had all the problems that are associated with unsustainable growth.

I have personally met you when I upgraded my first can. I have been an avid fan because of the personal touch that was given.

Since then I have seen and heard of problems with comms. This has hurt the business to say the least. I still bought another can of yours. I do admit to staying on the side of the shy before I decide on a 30 cal can. But I know what it is like to grow too fast and suffer from the problems that come from it... although to a much smaller scale.

You showed me the 5.56 can when it was a prototype. It took me a bit of time but I have one of them now. I am happy with it. I used it this last Sunday. It sits on my HD firearm. I trust it, and I trust the company.

I wish you the best in your quest to get through this tough time. I understand that people are upset. They should be. But the fact that you are personally working toward a solution means a lot for a small time buyer like me.

blacknwhite

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2016
    southwest
    Thanks for the update. I was scared to buy your products after this thread but I did go out on a limb and bought a .22 and .30 can. They are in lock up currently. I look forward to testing them out and giving an honest real work review here.

Top Bottom