• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HuntertownArms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2016
    Indiana
    Thanks for the update. I was scared to buy your products after this thread but I did go out on a limb and bought a .22 and .30 can. They are in lock up currently. I look forward to testing them out and giving an honest real work review here.

Thanks for your support. If you need anything just shoot me an email.

Last edited:

KUJO2388

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2015
    Terre Haute
    I will most likely buy a .308 Chameleon (Titanium) to use on my .300 BLK pistol. I already have a Huntertown 22LR. I would like to hear from you if you have any information on your Guardian 45.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I have shot the 5.56 kestrel, and the guardian 22. They both are effective cans, and I bought one used for a good price. I am currently considering the purchase of the 22 can after shooting a buddies.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I could care less if they are an advertiser. INGO isn't gonna "make" a company. That just seems snobbish to me, and extortive. 'Advertise or else'
    whAt I care about is the product sucking and the worst customer service in the business being a close
    second. Your cans are a let down. Unless I see improvements made in the decibel reductions I'll never buy another and I'll make sure I never recomend one to anyone else either.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    No one said advertise or else "TT" but to the people who do pay for the privilege it is important to them.
    Nothing snobish about that.
    We must be reading JD's post differently then. Sounded like an altemadem to me.
    id call it paying for a service not a privilege.
    I can't take huntertown seriously if they are an advertiser or not. And frankly I wouldn't want their money.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I said it because they always come post then run away and hide. The problems are always being addressed or excuses being made. Many of us have seen it all over and over.

I in no way meant it as an ultimatum. I have a couple ultimatums far in front of being a site advertiser when it comes to HTA.

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I said it because they always come post then run away and hide. The problems are always being addressed or excuses being made. Many of us have seen it all over and over.

I in no way meant it as an ultimatum. I have a couple ultimatums far in front of being a site advertiser when it comes to HTA.
    Ok then I appologize for misreading what you said. I do agree with you though that many many other issues need to be addressed by hta before we should take them serious. How many of these confessional "we ****ed up" posts are they up to now? Three that I can recall. More promises. No results. We will see if this time it's for real. Only time will tell.
    i advocated for this company many times and went to bat for them and feel like I was suckered and help to sucker others to who I recommended their products to. It's gonna take a lot for me to come back to the table

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Ok then I appologize for misreading what you said. I do agree with you though that many many other issues need to be addressed by hta before we should take them serious. How many of these confessional "we ****ed up" posts are they up to now? Three that I can recall. More promises. No results. We will see if this time it's for real. Only time will tell.
    i advocated for this company many times and went to bat for them and feel like I was suckered and help to sucker others to who I recommended their products to. It's gonna take a lot for me to come back to the table

So did I

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We must be reading JD's post differently then. Sounded like an altemadem to me.
    id call it paying for a service not a privilege.
    I can't take huntertown seriously if they are an advertiser or not. And frankly I wouldn't want their money.

OK....thought that was directed at me.....:)

No worries "TT"

Some of the members are protective of the site.

I am obviously one of them.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    OK....thought that was directed at me.....:)

No worries "TT"

Some of the members are protective of the site.

I am obviously one of them.
    No not you. I just misunderstood what he was saying. I am also protective to a degree, but I also know just because someone is a site supporter it doesn't automatically make them a good business. There's been several dbag supporters over the years. Some come and go. For me it's not an issue of supporting a good website the main issue is taking care of your customers who in some cases were outright lied to and defrauded in my opinion. What's going to happen to those folks to make it right?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No not you. I just misunderstood what he was saying. I am also protective to a degree, but I also know just because someone is a site supporter it doesn't automatically make them a good business. There's been several dbag supporters over the years. Some come and go. For me it's not an issue of supporting a good website the main issue is taking care of your customers who in some cases were outright lied to and defrauded in my opinion. What's going to happen to those folks to make it right?

With your inside knowledge here I can only nod and agree.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne

Sounds like some group buys in the past too.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    When I was looking for my first can, the first place I looked was HTA. Then I researched them and found the ugly truth about the lack luster performance of some of the cans and the even more lack luster customer service.

My first can was a AAC Eco9 and my last 2 have been Liberty's. All have been great products and the guys at Liberty are willing to take the time to talk to you on the phone and answer emails the same day.

I want to see HTA rebound from this and become a respected leader in the suppressor industry. I would love to see them put forth suppressors that have excellent sound reduction and build a customer service department that does whatever is necessary to address a problem.

I'm very much a "keep my money in Indiana" type of guy.

It's why I support companies like Gear Sector and Damage Industries.

If HTA can right the ship and rebuild their reputation, build a solid product and stay engaged with their customers, the next time I'm looking for a can, I will look at HTA.

HuntertownArms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2016
    Indiana
    I will most likely buy a .308 Chameleon (Titanium) to use on my .300 BLK pistol. I already have a Huntertown 22LR. I would like to hear from you if you have any information on your Guardian 45.
    8.75" at 11 ounces with a .578x28 piston in the included booster. Titanium, stainless, and aluminum construction.
    30idqgl.jpg

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    It's great to see that things MAY be changing at HTA. We really do want you to succeed, but you cannot succeed alone on prior reputation, price, service, or the fact that you're an IN company and you're counting on Hoosiers to keep their money in state. Neither one of those things alone will convince me to spend another penny at HTA. There actually came a time I had a great level of regret in buying HTA even though I'm satisfied with the product and never needed the service. I just "knew" that the service would suck if I ever did need it. For a couple years now I've been recommending people stay away from HTA.

That being said, what will fix things is to show us that you can actually maintain this course for the long-term. Reputation aren't fixed over-night, trust isn't built in short periods of time, it takes a LONG time to rebuild trust that was broken. Your customers need stability from you, you need to be here posting, and taking care of customer issues in a timely fashion now, and 5 years from now. A single "falter" in that and you will instantly lose any trust you had gained back. If you have facility/delivering issues that cause slow-downs or backlogs you need to advertise them clearly so your customers know. You need to have a "special work" department that can take care of special requests, warranty work, etc so you don't have to stop production runs to fix things or try to please that "hard to please customer". If it can't be done in that department you notify the customer that the work is outside of the scope of work for that department and that they have to wait until down-time between production runs. Most customers are quite understanding if they understand the "WHY" behind the wait. Without an explanation they are left to wonder "why" themselves and you very rarely get the benefit of the doubt.
    4. We fired the largest Internet based retailer long before anyone else did for a myriad of reasons. They sold our product at prices that hurt our dealer network. They lied about the capability of the products. They also sold old generation product that they had purchased from one of our distributors as if they were current generation. When they were confronted, they told their customers we lied about the generation, when we didn't sell the cans to them in the first place. They also stopped paying their bills. In short they were bad business.
    In my opinion this was the most damaging in my mind. The fact that when this came up and unsaid retailer (I know who they are) was spreading this story, your CS was nowhere to be found to defend your honor. It's like watching a political debate where the opponent just sits there and chuckles to when something is said about him/her. If she doesn't offer a believable explanation we're left to believe what the other guy said, and then the story catches like a wildfire and it becomes unstoppable. You don't have to trash somebody else to offer the explanation of what happened, stick to the facts and let the other party squirm their way out of their lie if that's how it went down.

In the end, I don't have any plans to buy a suppressor but if I were in the market right now I still wouldn't choose HTA; there are just too many unknowns. Show me a few years of a good track-record and I will start to consider HTA again.

HuntertownArms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2016
    Indiana
    Curious, the gen 1 Guardian baffle replacement/upgrades, are they made like the gen 2 baffles yet or still like the old style?

The Gen 1 G22 upgrades are SS and Kestrel SS Core. The SS are the same as design as the original aluminum ones, but the Kestrel SS Core has interlocking baffles that allow you to shoot up to 5.7x28mm.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    The Gen 1 G22 upgrades are SS and Kestrel SS Core. The SS are the same as design as the original aluminum ones, but the Kestrel SS Core has interlocking baffles that allow you to shoot up to 5.7x28mm.

I don't have a 5.7, never intend t . But I thought the original aluminum baffles could handle 5.7x28?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TravGreen2703!!
    Top Bottom