• 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Bump:

This is the first winter that I have not had a squirrel get in to the attic. This fall we had a pair of falcon's hanging around the area. They seem to have developed a taste for Squirrel. I am not b*tching. I am happy!

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Bump:

This is the first winter that I have not had a squirrel get in to the attic. This fall we had a pair of falcon's hanging around the area. They seem to have developed a taste for Squirrel. I am not b*tching. I am happy!

Good to hear. I was looking at the thread the other night and had a good laugh again.

On a related note, I'm pretty sure we have a raccoon that moved into the basement because of the cold.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Good to hear. I was looking at the thread the other night and had a good laugh again.

On a related note, I'm pretty sure we have a raccoon that moved into the basement because of the cold.

This thread did get pretty funny! lol
    We had one get in to the attic about 15 years ago. I am not sure exactly how it got in. But I know how he came out. It was not pleasant for him! And not a lot of fun for me.

When I was a kid we lived in the country. They would pry there way in threw the screen door and sometimes a window. I remember my sister screaming one morning. She had been sleeping on the coach and a racoon woke her up. Kind of funny now. But not then. We would chase them out the front door with a broom. If you gave them a exit point they weren't to bad to get out of the house. One of my dads friends brought over some live traps. We would give them to him when we caught them. I think he was selling the firs. We were glad to be rid of them when we caught them.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    We had one get in to the attic about 15 years ago. I am not sure exactly how it got in. But I know how he came out. It was not pleasant for him! And not a lot of fun for me.

When I was a kid we lived in the country. They would pry there way in threw the screen door and sometimes a window. I remember my sister screaming one morning. She had been sleeping on the coach and a racoon woke her up. Kind of funny now. But not then. We would chase them out the front door with a broom. If you gave them a exit point they weren't to bad to get out of the house. One of my dads friends brought over some live traps. We would give them to him when we caught them. I think he was selling the firs. We were glad to be rid of them when we caught them.

We've got a couple lie traps but I haven't taken them down there yet. I hear it stomping around on top of some of the ducts and chittering under the floor. He's got an exit through the window if he wants it. I'm going to leave him down there for now. I've heard him get a hold of a couple mice too. As long as he's doing that I'll leave him be for a while. Once the arctic crap is over I'll take a trap down there then deposit him in an old abandon park 10 miles down the road. There's a couple of old buildings, shelters, creek & a woods he can live in.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    A squirrel finally discovered our bird feeder after 5-7 years.

Wife and kids think its cute. I refuse to refill it until they let me shoot the damned tree rat. He eats too much. They of course complain about the cold and just nag me to refill it. NOPE!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Bump:

I have seen one Falcon around here and the Ferrell cat issue is seriously declining.....:):
    Also the squirrel's.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

So she was into sports, huh? ;)

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    So she was into sports, huh? ;)

th

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I have seen one Falcon around here and the Ferrell cat issue is seriously declining.....:):
    Also the squirrel's.

They were cool to watch. I was hoping they were going to stay around. But I am going to guess that they depleted their food source. They are more then welcome to come back!

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Just saw this thread and figured I'd post about the squirrels we raised this fall. Found them after cutting down a tree that we didn't know had a nest in it. After we put the nest back together and waited a day we figured the mother wasn't coming back because of what we read on the internet.

We bottle fed them puppies milk replacer and sugar water and then moved onto normal foods just like the guides on the internet said to. we turned them loose about a month and a half ago. They were fun to have and they still come to visit once in a while. All three are healthy and happy today.

We do supply them with acorns and hickory nuts, which they bury just in and store out in the woods and in the yard due to them not being able to gather them during the fall.

vuxtgqP.jpg

tn71k4w.jpg

PMDksy0.jpg

MXM3n81.jpg

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    A squirrel finally discovered our bird feeder after 5-7 years.

Wife and kids think its cute. I refuse to refill it until they let me shoot the damned tree rat. He eats too much. They of course complain about the cold and just nag me to refill it. NOPE!

Mix some cayenne pepper powder with the seed. Doesn't bother the birds but the squirrels and deer hate it...unless you've got some Cajun squirrels.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just saw this thread and figured I'd post about the squirrels we raised this fall. Found them after cutting down a tree that we didn't know had a nest in it. After we put the nest back together and waited a day we figured the mother wasn't coming back because of what we read on the internet.

We bottle fed them puppies milk replacer and sugar water and then moved onto normal foods just like the guides on the internet said to. we turned them loose about a month and a half ago. They were fun to have and they still come to visit once in a while. All three are healthy and happy today.

We do supply them with acorns and hickory nuts, which they bury just in and store out in the woods and in the yard due to them not being able to gather them during the fall.

vuxtgqP.jpg

tn71k4w.jpg

PMDksy0.jpg

MXM3n81.jpg

OK now that is too cool.
    We had one years ago when my kids were young that would come to the door and want them to play. Seriously. They had an orange nerf football and she would push it around and come scratch on the door. We put out food for her as well. 2 years and then she was gone.
    The little bastages we have around here now are some destructive little crap eaters.

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    Thursday night on my home from work, wife called and said the boiler quit working. I was irritated because the boiler is only 4 years old. Long story short a good friend talked my through a diy boiler tear down and cleaning. He works hvac professionally. Found the problem in the flew pipe where it elbows into the old chimney. Squirrel soup I counted three skulls amid the nasty mess. Vent cap blew off the chimney back in October. I called a mason to come out and repair the chimney and replace the cap. He took the cap and I haven't seen him since.

Top Bottom