I hope we get to see some riots on tv ...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    They didn't bail out gm or chrysler because they were to big to fail.and they didn't bail out the financial institutes(housing),or the big banks for that reason either.they bailed out all of these entities to make the government bigger. With the new "food safety bill",and owning a big chunk of housing,automobile industry,banks,food etc. Looks like everything is going as planned.think about it,the government is starting to own everything. Once you own everything. You can do what you want with it.and it is a lot easier to control everyone and everything,when you are the sole provider. I am not real smart,but you can see where it is all going. Just my .02
    Unfortunately it's too late to stop it. I've tried telling people for over 20 years....I tried to tell them when the turning point was upon us....now that there's nothing left that can stop it, people are beginning to open their eyes and get angry...WTF? It's too late, nothing left to do now but cry and remember what a great nation this was that we traded away for a bag of beads.....

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    There is no good in riots anywhere in the US. Just like in 68 everybody will pay the cost through higher insurance premiums and taxes for social programs to repair the damage.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    When I've visited Cali., (lived there for 7 years moved when I was 13) you don't have to go very far out of the metro areas to find conservative, sane, or like minded individuals. Those are the ones I feel most sorry for. Very similar to the situation in Illinois. "Ruled by the Majority". Your only option is to vote with your feet.

Spot on Mr Owl!

It was exactly such an area that I moved from. Your analysis could not be more correct. And was I in Southern Ill. I think I'd do the same thing that I did from California.

Duncan -

I get the gallows humor. Been known to have a dark sense of humor myself. The potential collateral impacts of that kind of a meltdown have me a little humorless on the topic. To each their own. And yeah, I can understand why folks - especially from outside of there, might consider it poetic justice.

I still see no good in celebrating that big of a calamity. A little "I told you so..." is certainly in order, if and when things happen. That's probably fair. Even some "righteous indignation". I fear though that any degree of smugness that any of us have (since of course we'd be proven right) will be quickly replaced by horror, followed by concern for our own situation. I hope I'm not right.

I TOTALLY see your point about California not affecting you. I still think that the collapse of a state into chaos would greatly affect us all.

Given the nature of what I'm hearing, that Russian former KGB guy that predicted the eventual split up of the Republic isn't sounding as crazy as he once did. I'm not sure that that's a good thing.

Thanks for keeping the discussion cordial, sir. One thing's for sure - we definitely live in "interesting times"...

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    Given the nature of what I'm hearing, that Russian former KGB guy that predicted the eventual split up of the Republic isn't sounding as crazy as he once did. I'm not sure that that's a good thing.

a little shake up might not hurt... its 2011,,,and you cant buy a beer on sunday in indiana or place a bet on the super bowl... i can imagine more freedom than this... like ron paul said,,,he would rather be poorer to be freer...

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    Spot on Mr Owl!

It was exactly such an area that I moved from. Your analysis could not be more correct. And was I in Southern Ill. I think I'd do the same thing that I did from California.

Duncan -

I get the gallows humor. Been known to have a dark sense of humor myself. The potential collateral impacts of that kind of a meltdown have me a little humorless on the topic. To each their own. And yeah, I can understand why folks - especially from outside of there, might consider it poetic justice.

I still see no good in celebrating that big of a calamity. A little "I told you so..." is certainly in order, if and when things happen. That's probably fair. Even some "righteous indignation". I fear though that any degree of smugness that any of us have (since of course we'd be proven right) will be quickly replaced by horror, followed by concern for our own situation. I hope I'm not right.

I TOTALLY see your point about California not affecting you. I still think that the collapse of a state into chaos would greatly affect us all.

Thanks for keeping the discussion cordial, sir. One thing's for sure - we definitely live in "interesting times"...

Yes it will affect me , you and the nation at large ... just not to the intensity of them directly .

I never did think that the KGB agent was off , if we are thinking of the same guy ...
    Hell the John Birtch'ers were talking about this crap in the 60"s

Take care
    Duncan

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Spot on Mr Owl!

No difference from S IL. to Cali in my mind.

Lots of union coal miners and welfare rat voters. Plenty of leftists in Carbondale and plenty of farmers on subsidies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    It should... Mitch Daniels is a genius though....
    [/size]Indiana is a real peach when it comes to taxes and fees.

What do you mean by this? :dunno: I don't understand.

My guess is that if we do, states such as Texas will likely request to secede from the Union and become their own country (again).

I don't see them jumping up and down to help bail out California.

Hum.. what worked real well for the SOUTH the last time the country tried it. ;)

isnt illinois sales tax like 9.25%

Incorrect. IL sales tax is 6.25
    Illinois Sales Taxes
    HOWEVER each county and city/town can ADD to the baseline sales tax.

Thus if you add the "county/city" add-on sales tax in certain parts of IL (ie. Chicago) you can get to 11.5%! Which is the HIGHEST in the nation.

Sales taxes in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

---
    ---
    1st MEET & EAT for 2011 in NWI
    Sunday, 30 JAN 2011
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...o_meet_and_eat_oc_cc_-_sun_30_jan_2011_a.html
    ---
    NWI INGO MEMBERS
    Get the latest news by joining the NWI INGO group here:
    INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana

UPCOMING EVENTS
    Every Wed: Lunch, Cigars, and Guns @ Pine Island Pit Stop Cigar Lounge
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ne_island_pit_stop_cigar_lounge_part_2_a.html

Appleseed for NWI
    2 Day Courses
    Sand Burr Gun Ranch: Calendar
    19-20 MAR 2011 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN
    02-03 APR 2011 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN

Keep this post for uncoming info & updates
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/appleseed/107083-new_ranges_coming_to_eventbright.html

NEED YOUR HELP
    List of ranges in NWI; Is your range here?:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post-3.html#post1252132

Pro-Gun & Anti-Gun Stores in NWI:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...un_and_anti-gun_stores_northwest_indiana.html

OTHER INFO
    A Guide to Protecting Your Rights: What to do when LEO stop you and your are carrying.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...what_to_do_when_leo_stops_you.html#post915009

Wallet IN LTCH Info with IC Codes
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo.../83645-wallet_in_ltch_info_with_ic_codes.html

FFLs in Indiana
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...n/81265-indiana_gun_shop_info_-_combined.html

ol' trucker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    indianapolis
    Unfortunately it's too late to stop it. I've tried telling people for over 20 years....I tried to tell them when the turning point was upon us....now that there's nothing left that can stop it, people are beginning to open their eyes and get angry...WTF? It's too late, nothing left to do now but cry and remember what a great nation this was that we traded away for a bag of beads.....

Yes Sir. but thanks for doing your part. You crazy dude.:D

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    The problem is that there will be no super bowl next year due to the lockout (sure we got it, but it won't even happen). To make it worse, the lockout is intentional and there will no longer be an NFL at all, but it is going to be the IFL. Other nations like England are applying for franchises. I believe the lockout is intentionally happening in order to restructure internationally and will destroy football in the long run.

We seem to have two topics going in this thread now. The rightful demise of CA then the consequences and state of Football.

Football was destroyed a long time ago. It stopped being a sport and became nothing more than a business. Any game that lasts around 4 hours and the ball only moves an average of 11 minutes has lost touch with being a sport. Its all about money and now they want more. Football should be boycotted to save it from total disintegration. I stopped watching football because of what it has become.

Now as to CA. Yes if it goes down we all suffer. How much? It depends on the level of bail out from the federal government using our tax dollars. As I said I don't want to see anyone suffer but I would rather see a cleansing by fire in CA than the effects of its bailout on the rest of us. Either way its going to hurt all of us, and I mean a lot of hurt. I would just rather bite the bullet and let it burn than nurse the disease that is CA back up on its clay feet.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Sales tax can be tricky. Over in Ohio, the state has a sales tax and then the counties can add on to that figure. So each county can be different. Other states maybe the same way. So when you read the state sales tax is 6%, you may be paying 8% because of the county.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I believe the above statement about California's sales tax being the highest is incorrect. Tennessee's sales tax is 9.5% as I recall.

Terry

Yes & No.

The BASE sales tax in TN (see here: Sales taxes in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) is 7% but some states like IL and TN allow the counties/town to do an "add-on" tax on top of the sales tax and it's still called the "state sales tax". In the case of TN it's an added 2.5% (max) in some areas.

Just like Chicago. IL base sales tax is 6.25 but in downtown Chicago the sales tax is 10.5% the extra 4.25 is actually 2 add-on sales tax. One for Cook County IL and one for the City of Chicago!

So if you buy a $1 McBurger in downtown its really 1.11 but you can go to say Springfield, IL and that $1 MrBurger will cost you 1.06 because the "add-on" tax is different!

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Sales tax can be tricky. Over in Ohio, the state has a sales tax and then the counties can add on to that figure. So each county can be different. Other states maybe the same way. So when you read the state sales tax is 6%, you may be paying 8% because of the county.
    Just like living in Indiana in the so-called donut counties.

rooster007

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    KINGDOM OF CLERMONT
    Yea lucus is so great and the new convention center is so awesome and the CIB has be stellar in their actions .. :rolleyes:

We drive to Lafayette to eat out and shop.

My buddy was in LOVE with Lucas Oil Stadium until ........ both of his daughters got married . He found what the entertainment tax was all about . Daughter #1 reception $26,000, Daughter #2 reception $31,000.
    He sent the Colts over $500.00 in taxes and those cheap a**@ idn't even send a present.

Top Bottom